• Please log in to reply
4835 replies to this topic

#41 nystyle

nystyle

Legend

• Members
  • 7,818 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:19 PM

Gotta admit I'm a little surpriced that we've gotten crickets so far...

I thought wed hear today since its a week after the nba reveal

#42 Astro Zombie

Astro Zombie

Legend

• Members
  • 8,338 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:03 PM

Definitely getting a little late in the year. honestly though i'd prefer to hear everything about the game in a few months rather than info to trickle out over months.

#43 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,104 posts
  • Twitter: anti_caws

Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:02 AM

I trust them. There are so many things going on with WWE right now too all of a sudden, and with wrestling as a whole, that it could be a really nice sales year (are they gonna be on an additional console?)...aside from the first sports game of a new decade already being a big deal in itself. 2K19 already left me in awe, so I know Im gonna enjoy this one. They havent even done a cover reveal and Im already so proud of everyone involved for whatever is about to come out. I just have a good feeling....granted my judgement is terrible sometimes and thats why my life is what it is.

Edited by ANTI-, 09 July 2019 - 02:28 AM.

#44 ECWDanSelby

ECWDanSelby

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,614 posts
  • Gamertag: ECWselby
  • SEN (PS3): ECWselby
  • Twitter: @FNBodySlams

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:52 AM

I trust them. There are so many things going on with WWE right now too all of a sudden, and with wrestling as a whole, that it could be a really nice sales year (are they gonna be on an additional console?)...aside from the first sports game of a new decade already being a big deal in itself. 2K19 already left me in awe, so I know Im gonna enjoy this one. They havent even done a cover reveal and Im already so proud of everyone involved for whatever is about to come out. I just have a good feeling....granted my judgement is terrible sometimes and thats why my life is what it is.

:huh:

#45 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:32 AM

Cant act like they havent been working hard all year for an end result that hopefully lives up to and/or exceeds big expectations and can be competitive with every other mainstream game on the market. They have to aim to please the diehards and the loyalists to the franchise, engage wrestling fans outside of that base, and then try to win back some of the old guard of wrestling gamers. And then appeal to gamers who dont even play these games.

I can come off harsh or critical or whatever sometimes when Ive felt like they were stuck in this complacency where the games just werent evolving enough or making people happy the way they should. But then for all our comments and suggestions and ideas and criticisms, you can go to Options, click on the Credits and see this huge list of people who are on the frontlines actually working to make all this shit a reality. If they ever think I dont respect the hell out of them and what they do, theyre completely misinterpreting me.

Edited by ANTI-, 09 July 2019 - 11:35 AM.

#46 Mr155551

Mr155551

Opener

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Twitter: Mr155551

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:20 PM

I Mean the reason why there hasn't been enough news is because this could be the last game on the PS4 and XBOX One and they deserve to go out on a high note kinda like 2k14 being the last game before they switched to current gen so i have a feeling they're introducing a massive feature in 2k20 that improves the game

#47 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:41 PM

My brain read massive feature in a Val Venis voice.

Ill see myself out..

Edited by ANTI-, 09 July 2019 - 01:42 PM.

#48 Mani-Man

Mani-Man

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 574 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Mani-Man

Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:02 PM

Considering the new console generation is close, i dont think for one second they will do anything more than the last years.

Thats why they are so late with revealing anything, because its the same as always.

I dont think we will see much of the game at all, maybe one gameplay trailer but i dont expect more.

They will do barely the minimum and the fans will buy it as always, with the same glitches or even worse because the engine is on its last leg and everything falls apart.

Summerslam is my guess but im not the slightest bit surprised at the silence.

Slowly more and more people realize that the series is way behind acceptable quality...according to rumors 2k19 didnt even sell 1 million units.

Sooner or later big changes need to happen, but i dont think for a second this or the next year are that time.

#49 ECWDanSelby

ECWDanSelby

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,614 posts
  • Gamertag: ECWselby
  • SEN (PS3): ECWselby
  • Twitter: @FNBodySlams

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:09 PM

I Mean the reason why there hasn't been enough news is because this could be the last game on the PS4 and XBOX One and they deserve to go out on a high note kinda like 2k14 being the last game before they switched to current gen so i have a feeling they're introducing a massive feature in 2k20 that improves the game

I'd actually say the exact opposite to that.

What would be the benefit in adding a huge feature for one last game before switching to a new console? 

#50 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:14 PM

Or they haven't released anything because this is normal for them and you don't expect anything until August or September

#51 Brandon-X

Brandon-X

The Most Quotable Man Alive

• Members
  • 22,535 posts
  • Gamertag: ExtremistJaitsu
  • SEN (PS3): Jaitsu
  • Steam ID: JaitsuPatrol
  • Twitter: @Jaitsu

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:24 PM

Every year..

#52 Prof_Sunshine

Prof_Sunshine

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:11 AM

Every year these games slow drip news and every year people assume that means something when in reality this is just how 2K does things. Wouldn't be surprised if we get something next week post ER since year's passed we usually get stuff the week after MITB

#53 Motown Hero

Motown Hero

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

This should be expected by 2k. They always seemed to do this with the WWE games.

#54 eastcoastkody

eastcoastkody

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,696 posts
  • Gamertag: strongBADGUY
  • SEN (PS3): strongBADGUY or EastCoastKody

Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:10 PM

This should be expected by 2k. They always seemed to do this with the WWE games.

THQ did the same thing

#55 HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,467 posts
  • Gamertag: HopesAnchor131
  • SEN (PS3): HopesAnchor131
  • Steam ID: HopesAnchor131

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:09 PM

True, but they've never left us this long with absolutely nothing.

#56 nystyle

nystyle

Legend

• Members
  • 7,818 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:33 PM

Yeah, but they did give us ridiculously long periods of silence between dropping information.

Id rather wait to get info and have it drop frequently then info drop then a month later more drops.

#57 Motown Hero

Motown Hero

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, but they did give us ridiculously long periods of silence between dropping information.

Id rather wait to get info and have it drop frequently then info drop then a month later more drops.

I actually don't mind it. At least it provides a little intrigue and excitement

#58 Mani-Man

Mani-Man

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 574 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Mani-Man

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

The Marketing and promoting was always a very weak thing with the wwe games...which is a suprise considering gaming is a incredible great market to jump into.

Why the wwe never made a real effort there is beyond me.

They treated the games as nothing big, just your tiny little piece of merchandise.

I think the worst is the fact that the community is treated so badly when the main audience is that community.

You could do so much by engaging with the community, with the content creators.

I get why not, they do barely the needed work to get the yearly game out and have dozens of people literally fall in front of their feet to worship extremely outdated and glitchy games.

If the community is okay with anything, then there is no need to do more.

But its still sad to see the lack of promotion, marketing and hype from 2k in general for the series.

The Community manager could already get the machine rolling with teasers or so, behind the scenes stuff but we get absolutly nothing.

When its time we get the usual half baked try to hype the game but nothing else, nothing out of the ordinary.

#59 Prof_Sunshine

Prof_Sunshine

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:46 PM

2K does this with the NBA franchise too so it's not just WWE, it's 2K and how they approach things.

#60 WNX

WNX

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,785 posts
  • Gamertag: WebbanationX
  • SEN (PS3): WebbanationX

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:47 AM

2k19 was at least ANNOUNCED mid Jun last year. De hell they doing?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2K20