CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#21 Generations

Generations

You want to see something...really scary?

• Members
  • 91,134 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:30 PM

I feel like...if you know a movie is 3 hours and you plan accordingly to watch it when you have the free time to watch it, then 3 hours is really not long at all. Especially if the movie is good. 3 hour movies only feel long if you don't expect them to be 3 hours long...or if they're simply not enjoyable movies. 

#22 Jmerc

Jmerc

#TeamBlue

• Global Moderator
  • 20,699 posts
  • Gamertag: xJMERC

Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:14 AM

I will say, the more times I watch Endgame, the longer it seems to become :lol:

#23 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 25,201 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:29 AM

That whole middle time travel part reallllllllllllly dragged for me. 

#24 HiryuMK

HiryuMK

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:36 PM

I feel like the time travelling was a missed opportunity for some interesting action scenes. They keep saying to avoid interacting with anyone but they end up messing it up anyway (Loki escaping, Thanos knowing his future, Hydra believing Cap is on their side, ect.).

Like have War Machine take part in the Battle of New York as fanservice since many were disappointed he wasn't involved.

#25 LEGION

LEGION

• Members
  • 40,424 posts
  • Steam ID: Ectrasyl
  • Twitter: @SennaAsad

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

I feel like the time travelling was a missed opportunity for some interesting action scenes. They keep saying to avoid interacting with anyone but they end up messing it up anyway (Loki escaping, Thanos knowing his future, Hydra believing Cap is on their side, ect.).

Like have War Machine take part in the Battle of New York as fanservice since many were disappointed he wasn't involved.

That could have ended in disaster, since War Machine's location was well known by the US government and a second one suddenly appearing could have lead to far more drastic changes. Remember. Not a single doppelgänger was discovered during the time travelling, except for Nebula. Which almost caused the complete destruction of the (main) Universe.

#26 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 42,283 posts
  • SEN (PS3): CreepingHD
  • Twitter: CochiseJak

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:36 PM

And this is why time travel is so finicky. They did it fine and it works 100% in context. They did not need to do any more than what they actually did. The movie has PLENTY of fanservice anyway, War Machine never needed to be in the battle of NY. He was in Sokovia and then every one since. That is enough. 

#27 LEGION

LEGION

• Members
  • 40,424 posts
  • Steam ID: Ectrasyl
  • Twitter: @SennaAsad

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:58 AM

How have I never seen this before :lol:

#28 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 91,134 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:41 PM

Seen that before. But, it's definitely quality. Really makes you wonder what they were thinking. :lol: I mean...during the shooting process, that is basically what they were all seeing. And at no point, did a single person stop and say "what the hell are we doing here?" Lol.

Edited by Generations, 02 August 2019 - 05:42 PM.

#29 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,608 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:38 PM

That whole middle time travel part reallllllllllllly dragged for me. 

Same though it had some good moments like Captain America's ass and him and Tony on that military base.

Can't wait to get the Blu-Ray version of the movie, it's taking way tooo long to come out. :( Also, funny thing about Endgame is that for people who watch Bollywood, it's not that long at all. 

#30 Fight Me.

Fight Me.

Let me in.

• Members
  • 45,261 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:28 AM

https://twitter.com/...9420278785?s=19

Venom 2 director announced.

#31 HiryuMK

HiryuMK

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

#32 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 42,283 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:35 PM

Andy Serkis is a personal hero of mine. He could do a great job, if this wasn't a Sony movie. 

But for real like, we don't we just have a Sony thread? Cos it aint MCU.

#33 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,608 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:24 AM

Is that the Venom that someone in MCU talked about having meet Spidey at some point? 

#34 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 91,134 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:20 AM

Because, no one gives a shit about the garbage Sony makes, so those movies can be discussed as a footnote. 

#35 Jmerc

Jmerc

#TeamBlue

• Global Moderator
  • 20,699 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:15 AM

lmao never thought of the phone call from Hawkeyes wife 5 years after she got snapped :lol:

#36 TheTRIsetMaster908

TheTRIsetMaster908

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,663 posts
  • Gamertag: triset908
  • SEN (PS3): triset908
  • Steam ID: triset908
  • Twitter: trisetmaster908

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:57 AM

lmao never thought of the phone call from Hawkeyes wife 5 years after she got snapped :lol:

Maybe the world thought, Hey half our world is gone, let's atleast give everyone free phone plans lol. But yeah, man 1 more week till I'll have End Game in my hands. It did come out on digital last week on my B-Day(nothing usually comes out then lol) but when it comes to movies I want to physically in my hands. Now games on the other hand I'll do digital lol

#37 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 42,283 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:18 AM

Because, no one gives a shit about the garbage Sony makes, so those movies can be discussed as a footnote. 

You know Gen...that's a fair point actually. 

#38 Jmerc

Jmerc

#TeamBlue

• Global Moderator
  • 20,699 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:55 AM

#39 Fight Me.

Fight Me.

Let me in.

• Members
  • 45,261 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:54 PM

https://twitter.com/...9744505856?s=19

There's rumored to be a director's cut of Far From Home coming to US theaters during Labor Day weekend next month.

#40 Jeb ★

Jeb ★

Broken Out in Love

• Global Moderator
  • 39,751 posts
  • SEN (PS3): jeb2830
  • Twitter: @jeb2830

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

Breaking: Spider-Man Out of the MCU: Marvel, Sony Can't Reach Deal

According to Deadline, Marvel Studios will not produce any further Spider-Man films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, due to an inability between Sony Pictures and Disney to reach new terms that would have given Disney a co-financing stake moving forward.

A dispute at the top levels of both companies has essentially resulted in Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige being nixed from future Spider-Man projects, according to Deadline. Disney had asked for a 50/50 co-financing agreement between the two studios on future Spider-Man films. Again according to Deadline's sources, Sony turned that offer down. Sony proposed keeping the arrangement similar to the terms that dictated the first two Spider-Man MCU films, such that Disney would only receive 5% of first dollar gross. Disney refused that deal.

This is also potentially why Marvel Studios declined to announce a new Spider-Man film at Comic Con 2019. Sony still holds the screen rights to Spider-Man solo films, and is also the distributor, going all the way back to Sam Raimi's 2002 Spider-Man.

Deadline's sources state that two additional Spider-Man movies are in the works, and that actor Tom Holland and Homecoming and Far From Home director Jon Watts will still be participating. Producer Amy Pascal, who has worked on every Spider-Man film universe entry since Homecoming (including Venom and Spider-Verse) will also stay on.

This story is developing.

https://www.ign.com/...l?sf107511944=1

SAY SIKE RIGHT NOW