Official NXT Takeover: Toronto Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a waste of a good song-turned-finisher name

I agree. I think she borrowed the name from someone else. I remember somebody used that same name in Impact for their finisher.

With that being said, who besides Mia or Candice will step up to challenge for the Women's title? I mean you have Deonna Purazzo waiting in the wings.

I want Dakota Kai to dethrone Shayna. Then have Kai feud with Nox

Kai had a good showing against Baszler in their last match. I felt like it was eventually building up to Kai getting another crack at Shayna for another title match at an upcoming Takeover. Would have been a good story since Kai was Shayna's main target when she debuted. It may be the reason why Bianca randomly turned babyface last Summer around the time Dakota got put on the shelf.

But Bianca also went over Kai on the TakeOver-accompanying episode not long before her title contention began. I feel like at best Dakota would've eventually gotten a shot on a regular tapings and lost. However, with her return imminent, they could totally throw her in the mix immediately, have her return by attacking Shayna after her Takeover match with Mia Yim. I would like her or Candice to get the next title shot and hopefully take the belt off Shayna.

Kinda hope we get Teddy Hart, Davey Boy Jr, and Pillman Jr sitting ringside for this event. They were previously invited to the HoF ceremony and WM weekend...so, WWE doesn't exactly have any problems with them. By no means do I think it will happen...it would just be cool. Especially if they throw up an 'MLW wrestlers' graphic. Basically 0.000000057% chance it will happen. Let me dream. :lol:

I know you admitted it was just a random thing, but I'm confused and might need some more context. Why this show specifically? Have there been rumours of being signed that I missed?

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they aren't tied down to those MLW exclusive contracts that legit only restrict them from signing with WWE according to MJF. Apparently there was interest in him after All In but obviously couldn't sign, but he was free to sign with AEW since that wasn't even a thing when he signed with MLW lol

Right I get that, but the way you said it sounded like you wanted them to be shown on camera. And the only way they'd be shown on camera is by being new signees.

There's no reason why that would have to be true. It would only come down to how petty WWE felt like being.

Right I get that, but the way you said it sounded like you wanted them to be shown on camera. And the only way they'd be shown on camera is by being new signees.

There's no reason why that would have to be true. It would only come down to how petty WWE felt like being.

Well you've just answered yourself. WWE being petty and not acknowledging the outside wrestling world (outside of their umbrella) is exactly the reason.

I mean you said yourself that it wont happen, and it 100% wont. I just wanted some context to why you said it.

Stranger things have happened.

The "WWE doesn't acknowledge outside promotions" rhetoric is hardly even true these days.

Anyway...that was the reasoning. Event is in Canada. Hart Foundation = Canada. WWE has already invited Teddy and Davey Boy to other things. There doesn't seem to be any bad blood between them, etc. If they felt like buying tickets and attending, I'm sure they wouldn't be stopped. Then it would just be up to WWE to acknowledge if they're present or not.

Stranger things have happened.

The "WWE doesn't acknowledge outside promotions" rhetoric is hardly even true these days.

Anyway...that was the reasoning. Event is in Canada. Hart Foundation = Canada. WWE has already invited Teddy and Davey Boy to other things. There doesn't seem to be any bad blood between them, etc. If they felt like buying tickets and attending, I'm sure they wouldn't be stopped. Then it would just be up to WWE to acknowledge if they're present or not.

Indeed, that town needs help or some holy water

I'm sure WWE get a dozen other wrestlers a month attending their shows and don't show them on screen. I don't expect to start seeing exceptions for random Canadians just because they are in Canada. They'd probably just show Edge & Christian.

I just thought it was random thing to post, because there is no precendent for it. Unless they are signed to NXT and will debut soon.

Cole vs. Gargano gonna be a 2-hour long match ain't it? Ugh. :lol:

I wasn't feeling their last two matches with Gargano kicking out of a dozen finishers and him and Cole doing these OD spots/sequences... so I can't say I'm looking forward to this one, either - even if it's 2/3 Falls. I'm just not digging the rivalry much in general, and I'm also just tired of Gargano at this point, especially in the NXT title scene. Dude been in NXT for like a whole ass decade.

Archived