Official EVOLVE 10th Anniversary Discussion Thread

Oresama

xkoas7.jpg

As first reported by The Wrap, WWE today announced that EVOLVE Wrestling’s 10th Anniversary Celebration will stream live around the world on WWE Network on Saturday, July 13, at 8 ET/5 PT from 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pa.

EVOLVE’s 10th Anniversary Celebration will feature the return of EVOLVE alumni, as Adam Cole will defend the NXT Championship against WWE Superstar Akira Tozawa, and WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak will face NXT Superstar Matt Riddle. In addition, EVOLVE’s 10th Anniversary Celebration will feature NXT Superstars Arturo Ruas and Babatunde, EVOLVE Champion Austin Theory, EVOLVE Tag Team Champions Joe Gacy and Eddie Kingston, WWN Champion JD Drake and many more. Additional matches will be announced in the near future.

“EVOLVE was the birthplace for many current WWE and NXT Superstars, so it is only fitting that their 10th Anniversary Celebration will be showcased live on WWE Network,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events & Creative.

Article

As I said in the network thread, probably not smart to have this on the same day as AEW Fight for the Fallen. So I wish this was on Friday but still, between these shows and Extreme Rules, it should be a fun weekend.

And a fun couple of months for some ECW alumni too. First Impact's TV tapings and now you know WWE's gonna want some legends to pop up too in the former ECW arena. :lol:

As I said in the network thread, probably not smart to have this on the same day as AEW Fight for the Fallen. So I wish this was on Friday but still, between these shows and Extreme Rules, it should be a fun weekend.

And a fun couple of months for some ECW alumni too. First Impact's TV tapings and now you know WWE's gonna want some legends to pop up too in the former ECW arena. :lol:

Idk if smart is the right word. Evolve probably had the venue and whatever else booked months ago.

True, unfortunate would be a better word. Regardless, great exposure for Evolve. Their roster plus the talent from NXT and 205 Live make it a win-win for them.

Kenny's two cents on WWE airing this

z2dhYzG.jpg

KvOLpIp.jpg

Lmao regardless if its for charity or not, doesnt mean WWE cant air a random show to compete with them :lol:

So its fine if it wasnt a charity show? Who cares. The people who will want to watch or attend, will do just that lol

This is going to be better than Fyter Fest, IMO. I don't know what other matches are booked for this...but the Riddle/Gulak match already sounds more hard-hitting and entertaining than anything booked for Fyter. Oh...and Cole vs Tozawa, I guess? Yeah...that sounds nuts too. There's no way Tozawa is winning the belt, but I'd kinda love it if he did.

This is going to be better than Fyter Fest, IMO. I don't know what other matches are booked for this...but the Riddle/Gulak match already sounds more hard-hitting and entertaining than anything booked for Fyter. Oh...and Cole vs Tozawa, I guess? Yeah...that sounds nuts too. There's no way Tozawa is winning the belt, but I'd kinda love it if he did.

This isn't tomorrow, this is the same day as Fight for the Fallen.

It was that one retort yeah? Were you monitoring the situation closely?

Or do you think the most likely option was that he realised the tweet was simply unnecessary and didn't need to remain out there? Because I think it's that.

The full card:

NXT Championship Match

Adam Cole © vs. Akira Tozawa

EVOLVE Champion vs. WWN Championship — Winner Take All

EVOLVE Champion Austin Theory vs. WWN Champion JD Drake

EVOLVE Tag Team Championship Match

Eddie Kingston & Joe Gacy © vs. AR Fox & Leon Ruff with Ayla & The Skulk

Catch Point Reunion Match

Matt Riddle vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak

Grudge Match

Anthony Henry vs. NXT Superstar Arturo Ruas

Special Challenge Match

NXT Superstar Babatunde vs. Colby Corino

Fatal 4-Way Match

Curt Stallion vs. Sean Maluta vs. Stephen Wolf vs. Harlem Bravado

Special Attraction Match

Josh Briggs vs. Anthony Greene with Brandi Lauren

The full card:

NXT Championship Match

Adam Cole © vs. Akira Tozawa

EVOLVE Champion vs. WWN Championship Winner Take All

EVOLVE Champion Austin Theory vs. WWN Champion JD Drake

EVOLVE Tag Team Championship Match

Eddie Kingston & Joe Gacy © vs. AR Fox & Leon Ruff with Ayla & The Skulk

Catch Point Reunion Match

Matt Riddle vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak

Grudge Match

Anthony Henry vs. NXT Superstar Arturo Ruas

Special Challenge Match

NXT Superstar Babatunde vs. Colby Corino

Fatal 4-Way Match

Curt Stallion vs. Sean Maluta vs. Stephen Wolf vs. Harlem Bravado

Special Attraction Match

Josh Briggs vs. Anthony Greene with Brandi Lauren

https://www.wwe.com/article/evolve-10th-anniversary-celebration-match-lineup-wwe-network

Too bad they couldn't get Daniel Bryan to compete here for obvious reasons. It would have been pretty cool since Evolve was supposed to be built around him and Davey Richards.

Archived