YouTuber/Gaming Streamer Etika Dead at 29 In Apparent Suicide

www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/6/25/18714532/desmond-afoah-etika-youtube-nypd-statement

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48756120

Beyond shocked. Was a casual follower of his YT-channel, but he was still one of my favorites. Wasn't too aware of how strange his behavior really was, just figured, he'd be okay in the end because they all do.

That was wrong.

Yeah, I was following this on Twitter. Knew he was a gamer/reactor, but unfortunately knew him more for his behavior and apparently he had a toxic section of his fanbase that didn't help either or take him seriously. Damn shame.

Rest in Piece.

I need kind of a highlight video for everything that lead up to this cause I was seeing alot of different names popping up in relation amd I dont know who or what scenarios lead to the end results. So many of the people talking about it that actuslly know sheeit are drama channels and I'm not opening up that can in my recommended

The first time I heard and saw Etika was during multiple videos with Achievement Hunter(Let's Play) and saw many videos on his channel from his memes, to his dark web, to his reactions, to his breakdown. I stopped watching after his first but kept up with the news to see if he was ok. He needed help, he felt like he pushed everyone away and had no one left, which was the exact opposite. Mental illness is a real and horrible thing.

Yeah this is copy and paste, was easier to do this but felt like I needed to post these here

Suicide hotline numbers

United Kingdom ?? 116 123

United States ?? 1-800-273-8255

Canada ?? 1 800 456 4566

Ireland ?? 116 123

Philippines ?? 2919

Australia ?? 131 114

France ?? 01 45 39 40 00

R.I.P. Desmond, you wont be forgotten

I know I'm not "current" with the youtube trends at all (and I like to keep it that way), but...I honestly never knew who this kid was until this all unfolded. I mean...I do spend a lot of time watching youtube. But I guess I'm subscribed to so many channels that the trending stuff doesn't even show up for me (again...this is how I like it). Anyway, it seems like the kid was pretty big. Even some of my friends have said they watched him. Sad the way things had to pan out.

If you want to go back and watch his videos if you havent seen any. DO NOT Look at the chat, he had a very toxic fanbase, yeah there were some actually good people but man the chat was awful. .

I'm going back and watching his videos with Achievement Hunter, like, Dead By Daylight, Prop Hunt OBJ, GTA Online, VR The Champions, Smash Bros, ect. I actually forgot he did others than Prop Hunt and Dead by Daylight. Just search Achievement Hunter Etika and you'll see them. Other than Achievement Hunter I'd say watch his Meme videos or his adventures on the Dark Web.

And he was so excited for Mario Maker 2 and Breath of the Wild sequel and more DLC for Smash Bros. Kid really loved Nintendo and the Switch. Saw a really nice video on Twitter of someone seeing someone live stream the night of the Switch launch and saw Etika in line and talked to him and they gave them their channel names and he recognized one and said "Oh your the Sheik main" and she lost it that Etika knew of her, Twitter name is @LyricOfWisdom if you want to check that out, it's a wholesome video

I know I'm not "current" with the youtube trends at all (and I like to keep it that way), but...I honestly never knew who this kid was until this all unfolded. I mean...I do spend a lot of time watching youtube. But I guess I'm subscribed to so many channels that the trending stuff doesn't even show up for me (again...this is how I like it). Anyway, it seems like the kid was pretty big. Even some of my friends have said they watched him. Sad the way things had to pan out.

Same here, I never knew about him until recently. I'm very sorry to hear about what happened.

Archived