EJ!

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 22,760 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:01 PM

MyFriendPedro is like top 3 reasons i got a Switch

#62 Generations

Generations

You want to see something...really scary?

• Members
  • 91,203 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:07 PM

Sooo...what's the deal with Sony? They doing their own thing this week? This month? They doing nothing at all? Skipping e3 seems like a huge mistake for them. Really not sure what they're scheming. Even from a PR perspective, E3 is arguably the one event that is "for the fans". So, it kinda feels like a middle finger to the players.

Edited by Generations, 11 June 2019 - 07:08 PM.

#63 Salvaje Beast

Salvaje Beast

Zondo

• Members
  • 14,481 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:14 PM

I wonder when Nintendo Switch's life cycle will end because It doesn't seem like it will be any time soon despite PlayStation and Xbox going next gen next holiday

#64 EJ!

EJ!

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 22,760 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:23 PM

Sooo...what's the deal with Sony? They doing their own thing this week? This month? They doing nothing at all? Skipping e3 seems like a huge mistake for them. Really not sure what they're scheming. Even from a PR perspective, E3 is arguably the one event that is "for the fans". So, it kinda feels like a middle finger to the players.

They still have their own event whenever that is but to be honest they dont really have to do much but ride the momentum of their three heavily anticipated exclusives and announce the PS5. cant say i would waste time with a stage show either if already blew my load with Death Stranding before E3 and only have Last of Us and Ghosts of Tsushima to show. thats basically all their E3 stage show was last year.

@Zondo: Nintendo have never really been interested in keeping up with Xbox and Playstation so I would expect the Switch, being arguably their best console in a while, to last well into the next generation, if not through it.

#65 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 91,203 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:02 AM

I own a PS4, and I wasn't even aware they had "heavily anticipated" exclusives. :lol:

Death Stranding was announced a long time ago, and it definitely isn't a "system-seller". It's not anything huge at this point. It kinda reminds me of 'The Last Guardian' hype. That game definitely never panned out to be much of anything for PS. This feels the same to me. And also flashbacks to Silent Hill PT. Everything about it looks more like a tech demo than an actual game, and I think the audience who would have been anticipating it at one point are dropping off every day. 

I guess that's exactly what I'm saying...Sony is laying low because they have almost nothing big/new to offer. And that's troubling. Also, I think Sony is probably working heavily on PS5 and are putting their attention into that. But I also think MS did a better job of doing the same thing...by announcing that they're discontinuing backwards compatibility for XB1 and working on the Project Scarlett. I dunno...just feels like Sony is hiding right now. Doesn't feel right. 

NEWS:

Edited by Generations, 12 June 2019 - 01:03 AM.

#66 Spamming Nooblet

Spamming Nooblet

Hammer Time

• Members
  • 7,566 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Im2DamnLegit
  • Steam ID: ultimateshadow10

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:54 AM

I still want to get a Switch just for Smash Ultimate and Pokemon. I don't really care about Banjo, I didn't play his N64 game but I do remember him from Diddy Kong Racing making stupid noises every time I passed him using Conker. I hope they add Conker and Crash Bandicoot and Shadow The Hedgehog to Ultimate. So far it has 3 characters from Capcom, so why not more from Rare and Sega?

Edited by Spamming Nooblet, 12 June 2019 - 04:54 AM.

#67 Muur

Muur

Junosona

• Members
  • 33,107 posts
  • Gamertag: Marcus BWFC
  • SEN (PS3): Muur1993
  • Steam ID: MarcusBWFC
  • Twitter: @MarcusRalphson

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:31 AM

From what I read, they now consider June too late to announce games and will focus on their own events they hold in February. If this is actually the case, they will never be at E3 again

#68 вrаndоn.

вrаndоn.

Legend

• Members
  • 7,436 posts
  • Gamertag: Brando1021

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:28 AM

In regards to the new XBOX console announcement and release date...
What do Americans consider 'Holiday' 2020? I'm under the impression that would be like Christmas time or something but I am probably wrong.

#69 Jeb ★

Jeb ★

Broken Out in Love

• Global Moderator
  • 39,820 posts
  • SEN (PS3): jeb2830
  • Twitter: @jeb2830

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:33 AM

Petty much starting November tbh

#70 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 91,203 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:22 PM

Holiday means it will be out before the holiday, with time to purchase and give as a gift (for Christmas, yes). So, yeah...maybe late November, if not then early December.

Anyway, with e3 wrapped...here's everything I'm probably going to buy:

-Animal Crossing: New Horizons

-Astral Chain

-Battletoads

-Cadence of Hyrule

-Cyberpunk 2077

-Daemon X Machina

-Dragonball Z: Kakarot

-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Switch)

-Final Fantasy 7 Remake

-Final Fantasy 8 Remastered

-Ghostwire Tokyo

-Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 (working title)

-Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening Remake

-Luigi's Mansion 3

-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

-Marvel's The Avengers

-Microsoft Flight Simulator

-Panzer Dragoon

-Pokemon Sword/Shield

-Psychonauts 2

-Secret of Mana Collection

-Star Wars: Fallen Order

-Super Mario Maker 2

-The Outer Worlds

+ Lego DLC for Forza Horizons 4, and fighter DLC for Smash Bros.

Might get Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, too...depends how it looks when it comes out. The fact that it's Tokyo 2020 makes it kinda cool to me...

Edited by Generations, 12 June 2019 - 03:11 PM.

#71 Fight Me.

Fight Me.

Let me in.

• Members
  • 45,306 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:11 PM

ATClkh8.jpg

#72 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 91,203 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:16 PM

^ Jon Bernthal too. 

Dude comes out with a pitbull and just chills. :lol:

#73 EJ!

EJ!

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 22,760 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:40 PM

as far as E3 goes, definite purchases:
-Cyberpunk 2077
-Watch Dogs Legion
-Avengers
-Halo Infinite
-My Friend Pedro
-Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
-Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Maybe:
-Dying Light 2 (never been a zombie guy, but Days Gone is helping me see the light)
-Ghost Recon Breakpoint (probably not though tbh, maybe just for Jon)
-FF7 (never been a FF guy whatsoever, but it looks kinda cool)
-Gears 5 (havent played since 3? but im planning on getting an Xbox again)
-The Outer Worlds (combat looks a little weak and unsatisfying but im leaning towards yes)

Interested but need to see much more:
-Ghostwire Tokyo
-Deathloop
-Outriders
-Elden Ring (gonna be really disappointed if its just another Souls-type, wanted something GOT related)

#74 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 91,203 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:47 PM

Gamepass for PC is pretty awesome. Finally updated my Windows so I could run it. All good on my end. Not too many games to choose from yet, but the selection has some nice offerings. I installed Slay the Spire, Rise of Nations, Surviving Mars, and Shadow Tactics...all games that I thought were particularly well suited for PC play. It's pretty nice to not only see super fast download speeds...but also have my entire huge hard drive to save on, and not worry about deleting stuff on my Xbox.

#75 Purple Rayne

Purple Rayne

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,976 posts
  • Steam ID: iPurpleRayne

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:02 PM

-Elden Ring (gonna be really disappointed if its just another Souls-type, wanted something GOT related)

Prepare for disappointment. Lol. From what little we know about it, it doesn't appear to have anything to do with GoT.

I'd only be disappointed if they reverted back to Souls in terms of gameplay. I could never go back to that after playing Sekiro.

#76 Smackdown Liv

Smackdown Liv

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:08 AM

The new Star Wars game looks fun, I'll be excited to play it when it comes out.

Likewise, but I can't help but to feel apprehensive given the fact EA has their name on it.

But I love me some Star Wars, so....  shrug

Same on both parts as well.

I feel like I can never trust EA. But it's Star Wars, so I'm just gonna want it anyway.