Do y’all ever sit back and think about how much crazy/controversial things WWE got away with?

Ziggy Vercetti

Been wanting to make this thread for a good min now.

From DX antics and Undertaker sacrificing people to Katie Vick and Edge/Lita sex celebration. That's just the tip of the iceberg, we could go on for weeks about. I mean yeah WWE is an entertainment product and you're gonna need it to stay relevant plus they got the money on deck to hush up any backlash for certain segments, but its crazy if you think about the stuff they got away with. Road Dogg even spoke on this a bit in the Attitude Era dvd. Yeah I know those were different times, but we still see some crazy shit every now and then. Feel free to discuss and drop some gems. This could be fun

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a carnival business. It'll never stop being that either, it'll always be the basis of what they do.

Lots of downright crazy and morally wrong shit slips through the entertainment industry, but wrestling (and WWE specifically) has gone through almost everything from human trafficking, pedophilia, murder and drug use down to relatively small stuff like sex scandals, questionable firings and bogus writing. I do often wonder why that kinda shit never really damages the industry, but I think I'd put that down it never quite being in the mainstream of pop culture. Wrestling has it's own niche and occasionally some stuff hits the headlines, but in general the outside world doesn't give a shit about so it can just sit in it's own niche.

I think the worst it ever got publically for WWE was the steroid scandal surrounding the Benoit murders. Even then it probably changed WWE's model for the better as it went forward.

Been wanting to make this thread for a good min now.

From DX antics and Undertaker sacrificing people to Katie Vick and Edge/Lita sex celebration. That's just the tip of the iceberg, we could go on for weeks about. I mean yeah WWE is an entertainment product and you're gonna need it to stay relevant plus they got the money on deck to hush up any backlash for certain segments, but its crazy if you think about the stuff they got away with. Road Dogg even spoke on this a bit in the Attitude Era dvd. Yeah I know those were different times, but we still see some crazy shit every now and then. Feel free to discuss and drop some gems. This could be fun

What's crazy is a lot of that stuff got huge ratings and it still thought of fondly to this day while classic matches aren't remembered.

Ehh, what really crazy shit do we really see nowadays? Becky, Charlotte, Ronda and some Strowman stuff is all I can think of.

*ahem*

There is

Bray Wyatt's House of Horrors

Broken, I mean Woken Matt

Broken Jeff

Ric Flair, beatend down by Drax

Punk pouring ashes all over himself

God knows how Ziggler's shit bath must have felt

A deal of propaganda,

Saudi Arabia,

Rusev evil Russian,

Nicholas wants you to get these hands

James Ellswort was a thing

and naked Enzo was it too,

The Rock singing about Vickie's doo-doo-doo-doo

Nattie Fart-hard,

Carlos Colon,

Ethnic background, time to stereotype

Anal bleeding, Bryan chocking Roberts with a tie

This is yourlife, on a pole

and fans you suck!

Eat and shake your booty,

Sincerely, take these sweater pancakes, from yours' truly

Lucha House Party,

cause' they just wanna have fun

Corbin is at fault,

Low blow them all,

Dean Ambrose, just throwing shit at the fan

Bray Wyatt, aww shit here we go again

Sister Abigail

Roman, eternal babyface

editing fans reaction, live on television,

Drake Maverick, turning a robe full of grace,

Moolah Battle Royal,

Vagina trophy,

*Shelton Benjamin is back* "Good to see you, Kofi."

Ehh, what really crazy shit do we really see nowadays? Becky, Charlotte, Ronda and some Strowman stuff is all I can think of.

*ahem*

There is

Broken Jeff

A deal of propaganda,

Saudi Arabia,

Rusev evil Russian,

Nattie Fart-hard,

Carlos Colon,

and fans you suck!

Lucha House Party,

Corbin is at fault,

Low blow them all,

Sister Abigail

Roman, eternal babyface

Moolah Battle Royal,

Vagina trophy,

I wish you died in the womb

Randy slaughtering Jeff Hardy

Braun attempting multiple murders

Flair telling Nattie to off herself

Samoa Joe going to Wendys

Half the stuff on WWE Network featured shows. E&C and Ride Along especially

*ahem*

There is

Broken Jeff

A deal of propaganda,

Saudi Arabia,

Rusev evil Russian,

Nattie Fart-hard,

Carlos Colon,

and fans you suck!

Lucha House Party,

Corbin is at fault,

Low blow them all,

Sister Abigail

Roman, eternal babyface

Moolah Battle Royal,

Vagina trophy,

Reid Flair is dead

Stephanie & The Bellas creating the Divas Revvolution

Heart attack jokes from and towards Lawler

Be a Star. Grab a brassring. Literally push Zack Ryder in a wheelchair off a stage

Have Brock Lesnar throw car doors at the crowd

Vince is just a depraved dude to begin with. I'm sure the stuff that happens in his private life is even more disturbing than the fictional stuff we see on television. In all honestly, he's probably done shit that should put him in prison. I'm not running my mouth on any specifics...because, who knows. I'm just saying...he seems like a highly questionable dude. I don't put much of anything past him. If the televised antics of WWE are even a tiny glimpse into the window of his mind, then he's a certified pervert with incredibly unique fetishes.

Vince mocking JR Bell's Palsy

Vince is just a depraved dude to begin with. I'm sure the stuff that happens in his private life is even more disturbing than the fictional stuff we see on television. In all honestly, he's probably done shit that should put him in prison. I'm not running my mouth on any specifics...because, who knows. I'm just saying...he seems like a highly questionable dude. I don't put much of anything past him. If the televised antics of WWE are even a tiny glimpse into the window of his mind, then he's a certified pervert with incredibly unique fetishes.

Let us not forget we almost got an incest angle apparently

Even now I still wonder how long the story of Vince's death in 07 would've lasted or how much more awkwardly stupid it would've gotten if it had continued.

This is for sure one of wrestling's greatest what-ifs. I feel like it probably would have only lasted a couple months or something...but, you never know.

*ahem*

There is

Broken Jeff

A deal of propaganda,

Saudi Arabia,

Rusev evil Russian,

Nattie Fart-hard,

Carlos Colon,

and fans you suck!

Lucha House Party,

Corbin is at fault,

Low blow them all,

Sister Abigail

Roman, eternal babyface

Moolah Battle Royal,

Vagina trophy,

Reid Flair is dead

Stephanie & The Bellas creating the Divas Revvolution

Heart attack jokes from and towards Lawler

Be a Star. Grab a brassring. Literally push Zack Ryder in a wheelchair off a stage

Have Brock Lesnar throw car doors at the crowd

Damn I cant believe you rhymed all that. Props

the stuff they do on tv isnt really to far different than what you see in movies or on other tv shows. people see what WWE has done in the past as 'controversial' because they try to play off as themselves being 'sports entertainment'.

for me, the thing that amazes me they get away with is their bullshit 'independent contractor' stuff. im not sure if the Labor Board in the States has ever looked into WWE over it. as far as i know an independent contractor is not supposed to be subjected to 'no compete' clauses. and thay have the right to out source themselves to other ventures. at least that's what that labour law said last time i read it. if that law still stands like that, then WWE is breaking the labour law. are they not?

I think of all the things that WWE almost didn't get away with, it was the steroid scandal in the early 90s (I think) and with what happened to the Benoits. I think AE is what led to more/higher tolerance of WWE's controversial stuff as people were used to it, along with WCW's antics.

the stuff they do on tv isnt really to far different than what you see in movies or on other tv shows. people see what WWE has done in the past as 'controversial' because they try to play off as themselves being 'sports entertainment'.

for me, the thing that amazes me they get away with is their bullshit 'independent contractor' stuff. im not sure if the Labor Board in the States has ever looked into WWE over it. as far as i know an independent contractor is not supposed to be subjected to 'no compete' clauses. and thay have the right to out source themselves to other ventures. at least that's what that labour law said last time i read it. if that law still stands like that, then WWE is breaking the labour law. are they not?

Youd have to look State to state, but most states do allow non competes for up to 90 days

When God made his debut in wwe

*Joey Styles Voice*

HE MOCKED GOD

But remember this is only the shit we have seen on WWE TV. The shit he probably made wrestlers do backstage has to be so much worse. Vince is possibly the biggest piece of trash int he business.

Vince might be light work compared to the actual pieces of trash in it. Remember we have backstabbers, rapists, pedophiles, murderers in the game.

Then again, Vince is keeping some of them in the company, so that might make him worse.

Archived