Official WWE Super ShowDown: Saudi Arabia Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed it too, but for all the wrong reasons. :lol:

It was just fun. They started off hot. No rest holds or slow shit and the match was quick. Obviously Goldberg knocked his self the *Censored* out, but besides him struggling to sustain his balance it was still fun lol. The botches were absolutely terrible though, Im not defending that.

Honestly, I think Goldberg bleeding was a work. He came out with a red mark already on his head. I think when he hit the post, he just rubbed it with his glove and pulled it open intentionally. It was a built-in excuse for everything that followed. That's just what I feel. Both these guys knew they were incapable of doing a good match...so they worked the excuse of Goldberg being KO'd directly into the fabric of the match. That's why that dude was ready to jump right on Twitter and apologize for knocking himself out and "letting people down". He just wanted a payday.

I do love the mindset that Goldberg is the one at fault when Taker also dropped him on his dome with Tombstone at one point.

I saw that in slow motion, and Jesus Christ.. it was scary to watch.

Honestly, I think Goldberg bleeding was a work. He came out with a red mark already on his head. I think when he hit the post, he just rubbed it with his glove and pulled it open intentionally. It was a built-in excuse for everything that followed. That's just what I feel. Both these guys knew they were incapable of doing a good match...so they worked the excuse of Goldberg being KO'd directly into the fabric of the match. That's why that dude was ready to jump right on Twitter and apologize for knocking himself out and "letting people down". He just wanted a payday.

The red mark was him headbutting the door before his entrance. Remember that Raw when he did that and didnt stop bleeding lmao

From what I read on quite a few sites, vince is pissed at Taker and Goldberg, and said they are basically retired now (which they should have been along time ago..). And that it is dawning on him that he can no longer rely on part-timers, or past stars, anymore to boost his dwindling ratings or to bring in viewers, which is also terrifying him, as reality is hitting his ass.

Well fight, from what I have read on several sites, again fox and the saudi's are starting to rethink their deal with vince, due to the dwindling ratings and other stuff that vince promised but hasnt been able to deliver on as far as ratings goes, and the saudi $$ is also whats helping keep the WWE going during this time.

I believe the reason why people blame Goldberg more is watching the match live without slow motion and someone pointing it out it hard to tell that Undertaker dropped him. Undertakers knees did hit the mat first like suppose too but Goldberg was probably slippery and fell down before he lied him down.

The one with Goldberg dropping Undertaker was much more noticeable which is why a lot more people blame Goldberg.

I'm sorry, but if that's the case, people should pay more attention. I was watching it on a dodgy stream at 240p while I was watching football at the same time and I saw it immediately that Goldberg landed on his head in the follow through after Taker landed on his knees.

Sure, Taker getting dropped was so much more noticeable, but to completely miss that Goldberg-moment, ehh..

Oh well, it happens, I guess.

Man both of them *censored*ed up in the match. Wasn't just Taker, wasn't just Goldberg.

Anyway

WWE Hall Of Famer Bill Goldberg suffered a concussion during his First Time Ever showdown with The Undertaker at Fridays WWE Super ShowDown live WWE Network special from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Meltzer confirmed the news during the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio on Sunday.

Bill Goldberg had a concussion, said Meltzer. Theres definitely more, but I dont know everything that went down there.

The news should come as no surprise to fans, as Goldberg himself spoke about knocking himself out in a social media post immediately after the lackluster contest.

Regarding the situation surrounding Goldbergs injury and the match with Undertaker, Meltzer added, But theres definitely a back-story on that Bill Goldberg thing. I dont know what it is yet, but something must have happened over there.

We will keep you posted as more information on Goldbergs status becomes available.

Not defending Taker, but yes his knees hit first. If you watch in slow mo, Goldberg didn't fully tuck his head and he might have slipped a bit given how sweaty both men were from the heat.

The Jackhammer on the other side, Taker failed to lift his legs and thus an old Goldberg wasn't able to keep him lifted up

goldberg was concussed as *Censored*, and I'm pretty sure that's how the tombstone got *censored*ed up, he couldn't do his part properly.

Can we all appreciate takers dope ass entrance

Nothing we haven't seen, tbh. Just reminded me of the other entrance they did with all the caskets. I'm sorry. Dude is old as *Censored* and not the least bit intimidating. When you get to be 30+ and you think "I could probably level this dude"...he kinda loses all hype after that.

I have all the respect in the world for the Taker character, and for Mark Calaway the *censored*ing man (and he is a *censored*ing MAN). But...no, I was not intimidated. Every dog has his day. I really wish Taker had retired 2,3,4,5 years ago...I still think the Punk angle was the best sendoff he could have had, and he should have lost then.

Undertakers has so many chances to have a memorable sendoff.

The End of an Era at WM28, the storyline with Punk at WM29, the end of the Streak at WM30, the post-Roman Reigns match exit at WM33.

But whats it going to be now? Him losing to some guy at a Saudi show because thats all they get him for now? Dude, didnt even show up at WrestleMania this year?

Archived