2K20 Soundtrack Will Be Provided By....

nystyle

Ryan Satin thought he was special enough to get an extra inside scoop from one of his representatives and now hes trying to tell everyone that nothing has been finalized yet because they didnt confirm or deny it. And people are still gonna come and try to tell me Eminem isnt the absolute, legitimate GOAT rapper.

Name a better rapper. All-around. More socially and culturally relevant, more consistently great and ahead-of-the-game lyrically almost every single time, bigger commercial success/household name, flawless record in beefs, longer tenure both in the game and on top of it, had a more successful movie starring themselves, more range in the subject matters of his songs.... I mean.....do I go on? Im sure theres more. He spits better throwaway bars in random features on other artists songs than most people can on their whole albums. As a person of color, it took me a long time to say it, and it still is gonna take the masses maybe his entire lifetime to admit this, but the greatest rapper in history to date just so happens to be the white boy. lol ???

I mean...there are tons of better rappers all around than Eminem. I'm not about to sit here and list them all to amuse you.

And the "white boy" comments are cringe.

Name them. There are none. Just a bunch of peoplesaying the same things. J Cole is amazing but hes only been hot a couple years. Big L is pound for pound one of the best there will have ever been but then his studio albums werent much to write home about. Jay-Z is A#1 in hip hop to everyone but nobody is gonna sit here and realistically rank him among top lyricists. Seriously, name anyone who has had more success than Eminem and for as long as he has.

If youre a person of color, then you know how hard a pill it has always been to swallow to admit that Eminem far exceeded most of your top rappers. He had to be 10x as good for people to give him the props they give even mediocre rappers. He always used to say things like that, himself.

Im just saying theres lots of people with great lyricism who get signed and put out some great stuff and still not even touch how famous or successful Eminem was, even at whatever the lowest point of his career was after signing with Aftermath. And theres a lot of guys who can spit fire in a freestyle on a radio show or battle or whatever but still put out a forgettable album. I dont say things just to say them...I used to watch countless documentaries and read books and write essays and shit on hip hop and its history when I was in school. And I can still look anyone in the face and say Eminem is the best, most successful and most complete rapper there has been so far. And the man still writes his own stuff where a lot of people on top of the game today do not.

I am very excited if they actually got him associated with this game. Not that there was anything wrong with Diddy, but..

Was Eminem "Survival" part of the 2K18 or 2K19 soundtracks? I believe it was, but now I cant remember.

2K19's soundtrack.

Never was a fan of Eminem but cool I guess. Id rather the superstars themselves each pick a song like it was with 2K19.

I loved how they did 2K19's soundtrack, way better than one specific person curating it.

I loved how they did 2K19's soundtrack, way better than one specific person curating it.

100% agreed

I'll also agree with others who have said Eminem isn't the GOAT... he's good, but not that good. Don't @ me, it's a personal opinion.

100% agreed

I'll also agree with others who have said Eminem isn't the GOAT... he's good, but not that good. Don't @ me, it's a personal opinion.

This is the internet. You cannot have a personal opinion!

100% agreed

This is the internet. You cannot have a personal opinion!

And you definitely can't discuss opinions or challenge them

Is this the time to admit that I'm a huge KRS-ONE fan ??

KRS is definitely an all-time favorite! Glad to see people still giving him his much deserved props. Dont hear that much anymore, sadly.

Im open to any and all opinions and discussions as far as who the best rapper is...not because Im trying to be a dick; I am genuinely curious. People will instantly admit he is the greatest white rapper of all time, but not one of the greatest rappers in general. Someone mentioned the song Til I Collapse. I believe he runs down a whole list of people he thinks are better than him, and he is correct on a lot of them, even someone like Kurupt, but almost none of them came close to his success...maybe Andre 3000.

He had no excuses or advantages, really...he was a blonde haired, blue eyed white guy from the Midwest...post-Vanilla Ice and Snow.....didnt die young, never got shot or stabbed...never did prison time for anything major...never went on constantly about being some kinda thug or drug dealer before he got signed... he was just nasty with a pen, paper and his story... hes been one of the nastiest rappers in the game since atleast 1995-ish and one of the most famous since like 1997. The only one who can match the strength and quality of his lyricism as well as popularity is 2Pac who unfortunately had a short career. The only one matching his longevity atop the game is Jay-Z. He is the only one who has been all those qualities wrapped in one. Im just asking for other opinions. To clarify, Em isnt even my favorite rapper..I have had several over the years who come and go...but i think he is realistically the #1, so I give him his due.

Em is not number one in anything except probably record sales. Even if he was a number one lyricist at some point, it was a long time ago. Hes surrounded by people who are better lyricists than him and have been for a while. Also Pac was a great rapper with arguably the biggest impact on culture in history, but no, Biggie was always a better lyricist than him, as is Jay Z.

There is a big ass example of Eminem being smelly right on WWE 2K19.

I must be allergic to losing because I just go achoo and achieve?

Disgusting.

Em is not number one in anything except probably record sales. Even if he was a number one lyricist at some point, it was a long time ago. Hes surrounded by people who are better lyricists than him and have been for a while. Also Pac was a great rapper with arguably the biggest impact on culture in history, but no, Biggie was always a better lyricist than him, as is Jay Z.

Jay Z is more cerebral, when hes actually putting in the effort. I love that about him. Sometimes theres shit he says that you dont even understand until years later and its some of the wisest material Ive ever heard in rap, but I wouldnt put him at the top. I would consider HIM a guy who is more record sales than actual skills. Biggie is one of the greats and has gotten beyond his due for a long time, but with his style, would he have kept up with the times and remained on top to this day, unlike many others from his time period? I dunno. Busta fell off, Wu Tang fell off, Nas came back for a little bit but never as great as he was around the beginning, Rakim fell off, DMX, 50 Cent, Cassidy, Lloyd Banks, LL Cool J, not sure what OutKast has been up to. State Prop fell off, Diplomats fell off, Tribe, Lauryn Hill. Bone Thugs fell off and I loved their shit so much..

I think Eminem is better than most of the current hot acts because he was always there and he is still here, and most of them will run out of original shit to say in the next 5 years and itll be like Hey what happened to those guys? Lol. I think Pac could have definitely survived the times but we will never know. Know who HAS survived the times? Eminem. 90s? He was one of the top rappers. 2000s? He was one of the top rappers even when his stuff started to get a little weak. 2010s? He bounced back and remained one of the top rappers. No matter what rappers, what fads, whatever the industry threw at him, he was always one of the best and without changing anything about himself to fit what was going on. If Kendrick or J Cole were still relevant and putting out attention-commanding albums 20 years from now, people would be calling them the king, so where is Eminems respect?

Archived