Current Champion Going out for Major Neck Surgery and ruled out for Months

.Nëro

Now hold on everybody. The kind of surgery that Tommaso is having is the same one that Rhyno had, and he's still going. Ciampa is only 33. He'll be fine.

Depends how it goes. Complications are always possible, and every situation is different. It is what it is. No reason to worry excessively, nor be overly optimistic. Just expect it to be a surgery with a lengthy recovery period, and hope for the best.

Now hold on everybody. The kind of surgery that Tommaso is having is the same one that Rhyno had, and he's still going. Ciampa is only 33. He'll be fine.

Depends how it goes. Complications are always possible, and every situation is different. It is what it is. No reason to worry excessively, nor be overly optimistic. Just expect it to be a surgery with a lengthy recovery period, and hope for the best.

It usually takes 4-6 weeks to recover from it, but since WWE is drastically different from any other industry, it would take him 6-12 weeks, plus rehab. I think it's the same surgery that Rhyno, Edge, Lita, Benoit and Test had. Rhyno is still going strong. With Ciampa's work ethic and determination, I'm sure he'll be okay.

Just because two people have the same surgery, doesn't mean they have the same injury of the same magnitude. You also mentioned Edge. He retired abruptly after getting this close to becoming a paraplegic.

Like with cancer, being determined isn't as much of a factor as people like to tell themselves. He's hurt and his recovery is dependent primarily on how much his injury and the surgery will allow him a window of opportunity to recover, if it even does so. A factor that goes against Ciampa is that any form of contact sports are usually advised against after an anterior cervical fusion surgery. He also kept working through the injury, which can hurt your chances of a full recovery to a significant degree. You can have all the determination in the world, but if you're *censored*ed, you're *censored*ed. And that's a real possibility for Ciampa right now.

So with all due respect, saying you're sure he'll be fine is underestimating in how much trouble Ciampa is in right now.

You don't have to apologise for having a differing opinion, Motown.

I know. I just wanted to avoid any conflict. Just trying to keep civility intact.

Regarding Ciampa, I remember Gregory Helms talked about having his neck fused, and he said the rehab was more grueling than the surgery. Thankfully, he came back, and didn't lose a step. Ciampa is in great physical condition, and he's only 33 years old. As long as his surgery and rehab goes as planned, I'm sure his can return just as good as he was before this all happened.

I feel really bad about this, both from the sake of a fan and most of all for Ciampa. Ciampa is arguably the best NXT champion they've had thus far, as well as the run itself. But damn, DIY was getting back together as a heel stable, and the guys were just making their impact on the main roster. I think Tommasso Ciampa is special, and we've been robbed, at least as of now of seeing this star of right now blossom before our very eyes. I wish him a speedy recovery and gets the chance to pick up exactly where he left off.

I feel really bad about this, both from the sake of a fan and most of all for Ciampa. Ciampa is arguably the best NXT champion they've had thus far, as well as the run itself. But damn, DIY was getting back together as a heel stable, and the guys were just making their impact on the main roster. I think Tommasso Ciampa is special, and we've been robbed, at least as of now of seeing this star of right now blossom before our very eyes. I wish him a speedy recovery and gets the chance to pick up exactly where he left off.

Agreed 100%.

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I can also post this here too and get more eyes on it lol

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/1112716777392431104?s=19

An update. :(

Feared that was going to be the situation; Ciampa's career being on burrowed time if he comes back. He also said if. So it's already a potential career-ender. Just all-around bad news.

• 1 month later...

Archived