14 replies to this topic

#1 MadManMammoth

MadManMammoth

New Talent

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ApolloA1Sauce

Posted 05 March 2019 - 02:03 PM

Hey there, everyone! I've been making CAWs since 2k16, although I never had the motivation to finish them and create a proper universe for them to be a part of until I got my hands on 2k19. So, without further ado, here is my big project that I've been working on!

9lEMCkE.png

Founded by professional wrestler and entrepreneur Aldo Rosario, Apex Pro Wrestling is a promotion based in Albany, New York that gathers talent from all over the globe, ranging from world-class athletes to colorful personalities to up-and-coming stars to even supernatural entities. It has a weekly television program called Showdown which runs every Tuesday night.

Aldo Rosario

Spoiler

Zero Izayama
Spoiler

Ace Brillante (CC hashtags: MadManMammoth, APW)
Spoiler

Blaise Cabello (CC hashtags: MadManMammoth, APW)
Spoiler

Calavera Jr. (CC hashtags: MadManMammoth, APW)
Spoiler

Moswen
Spoiler

Akane Hozuki
Spoiler

Yukina
Spoiler

Velocitia (CC hashtags: MadManMammoth, APW, Gear Shift Crew)
Spoiler

Saffron Wei
Spoiler

Melinda Vermillion
Spoiler

Jenna McEvans (CC hashtags: MadManMammoth, APW)
Spoiler

I'll put up my CAWs on the CC if anyone asks! I'll be sure to post more of my creations down the line, but for now, 12 CAWs is quite a lot to kick off a first-time ever showcase thread.

Edited by MadManMammoth, 09 March 2019 - 04:29 PM.

#2 Jeevesosiris

Jeevesosiris

Jobber

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:35 AM

Love these, cannot wait to see more

#3 XWF1000

XWF1000

Opener

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 04:58 AM

I'd do like some of your CAWS but there are a few view points I'd have to address on your CAWS: Aldo Rosario looks like Jay White's twin with Mustafia Ali's gear. SO LAME! Calavera JR looks like that Street Fighter character but Can't remember his name on the Top of my head. The last thing is that Moswen has that EVOLVE logo in his entrance gear. other that that, they look OK but there are 4 CAWS that I WANT. They are Blaise Cabello, Calavera JR., Velocitia, & Jenna McEvans. I'd do hope they are up by Friday but crossing my fingers on that. Went they are up on CC, I'd do hope you post the Hashtag to find them. Thanks! 

#4 TheMoominBrand

TheMoominBrand

Opener

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • SEN (PS3): TheMoominBrand
  • Twitter: TheMoominBrand

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:54 PM

Top work here, really enjoyable reading the background of them, Zero being the standout for me.

#5 ECWDanSelby

ECWDanSelby

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,616 posts
  • Gamertag: ECWselby
  • SEN (PS3): ECWselby
  • Twitter: @FNBodySlams

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:45 PM

Very nice!

#6 Monarch98

Monarch98

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:23 AM

I'd do like some of your CAWS but there are a few view points I'd have to address on your CAWS: Aldo Rosario looks like Jay White's twin with Mustafia Ali's gear. SO LAME! Calavera JR looks like that Street Fighter character but Can't remember his name on the Top of my head. The last thing is that Moswen has that EVOLVE logo in his entrance gear. other that that, they look OK but there are 4 CAWS that I WANT. They are Blaise Cabello, Calavera JR., Velocitia, & Jenna McEvans. I'd do hope they are up by Friday but crossing my fingers on that. Went they are up on CC, I'd do hope you post the Hashtag to find them. Thanks! 

You're referring to Skullomania from the Street Fighter EX series.

#7 XWF1000

XWF1000

Opener

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:25 AM

You're referring to Skullomania from the Street Fighter EX series.

YEP 

#8 MadManMammoth

MadManMammoth

New Talent

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:29 PM

Yeah, I'll admit I ran into a creative block with Aldo since I pretty much couldn't think of any decent motives for him, though I wanted to post him as he's the top heel of my promotion. He'll definitely get redesigned at some point, don't worry.

As Monarch98 pointed out, Calavera Jr. is pretty much a Skullomania doppelganger because I thought the idea of having a character like him in wrestling sounded fun. I've been thinking of giving him a more Day of the Dead-inspired attire for a while now.

I didn't realize Moswen's logo was that identical to EVOLVE's. I thought it was pretty common to see centered text in front of the atom symbol on logos. Ah well.

Thanks for the comments and feedback, everyone! Blaise Cabello, Calavera Jr., Velocitia, Jenna McEvans and Zero Izayama are now up on the CC under the hashtags MadManMammoth and APW.

#9 The Scorpion

The Scorpion

Legend

• Members
  • 6,931 posts
  • SEN (PS3): scorpion62287

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:54 AM

Great stuff man love the backstories

#10 Kieranlavender2

Kieranlavender2

New Talent

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • SEN (PS3): kieranlavender2
  • Twitter: Kieranlavender3

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:43 AM

Hi I love all of these could you upload ace brilliante

#11 MadManMammoth

MadManMammoth

New Talent

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:33 PM

Great stuff man love the backstories

Thank you! Believe it or not, some of them were written on the fly, as I've never saved them on a document before.

Hi I love all of these could you upload ace brilliante

My upload slots are currently full, but I'll free up Zero's slot for him in the meantime. Ace is up on the CC right now.

#12 krutch540

krutch540

New Talent

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • SEN (PS3): peabody_dandy

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:10 PM

Got anything new coming down the line?

#13 Rekka_No_Ryo

Rekka_No_Ryo

Bad For Good

• Members
  • 11,045 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:07 AM

very nice stuff you have going on, alot of meat there.

#14 MrMorbid81

MrMorbid81

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 523 posts
  • Twitter: @MrMorbidsHoF

Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

Pretty damn cool caws overall. Yeah those backstories are pretty informative and original. Very nice. 

#15 krutch540

krutch540

New Talent

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • SEN (PS3): peabody_dandy

Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:00 PM

I'm so hoping for the return of Apex Pro Wrestling in 2k20! Especially Zero!