Official WWE Fastlane Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there's a match that doesn't belong on the main card, it's Asuka/Mandy -- and it pains me to say that because I like Asuka so much. But Mandy Rose is just not a legitimate competitor for Asuka at all.

Nobody is ready for Asuka. Therefore pre-show for life.

The match deserves a spot on the main card, because it's a championship match. The challenger not being legitimate is no reason for it not to be. Especially considering Asuka used to not take her opponents on NXT seriously either.

So what it's a championship match? They have title matches on the pre-show all the time so I don't see why that matters. This is a undercard caliber feud -- the build has been minimum and Mandy's push hasn't been strong enough to make this match feel like it's worthy of the main card. I don't get why you're bringing Asuka's kayfabe attitude into this? In terms of booking and screen time, Rey/Almas is the bigger, more substantive feud.

If there's a match that doesn't belong on the main card, it's Asuka/Mandy -- and it pains me to say that because I like Asuka so much. But Mandy Rose is just not a legitimate competitor for Asuka at all.

The match deserves a spot on the main card, because it's a championship match. The challenger not being legitimate is no reason for it not to be. Especially considering Asuka used to not take her opponents on NXT seriously either.

So what it's a championship match? They have title matches on the pre-show all the time so I don't see why that matters. This is a undercard caliber feud -- the build has been minimum and Mandy's push hasn't been strong enough to make this match feel like it's worthy of the main card. I don't get why you're bringing Asuka's kayfabe attitude into this? In terms of booking and screen time, Rey/Almas is the bigger, more substantive feud.

It should matter, if we're (and the wrestlers) are supposed to care about the championships at all. WWE has killed the US and the IC titles over the years by making them essentially pre-show titles. That is not a good thing. Now, with the RAW Women's Championship potentially headlining Wrestlemania, it's important to not let the SmackDown title completely be out of focus.

And I'm in total agreement with that. It's a bad thing. Championships should matter but that's not the reality we live in unfortunately. WWE's booking has made this match insignificant -- that bothers me, too. But if I'm going to compare it to Rey/Almas based solely on how things have been booked, Rey/Almas is the more deserving match.

It should matter, if we're (and the wrestlers) are supposed to care about the championships at all. WWE has killed the US and the IC titles over the years by making them essentially pre-show titles. That is not a good thing. Now, with the RAW Women's Championship potentially headlining Wrestlemania, it's important to not let the SmackDown title completely be out of focus.

In a perfect world what you are saying is right, but as it stands Asuka vs. Mandy is far underdeveloped compared to Rey vs. Andrade and shouldnt take precedence because of it. Its just plain old reality.

Archived