WWE Studios Teaming With Netflix To Present Original Films

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.

More moves being made outside of the ring by WWE.

World Wrestling Entertainment's film studio WWE Studios Inc. is set to partner with Netflix according to PWInsider. WWE is working with the streaming service to present original films with the plan being to release them on Netflix. The report notes that Netflix and WWE are targeting family audiences and the first project that they'll be working on together is entitled 'The Main Event' which begins filming this summer.

'The Main Event' is about a ten year-old kid who has a dream of becoming a professional wrestler but those dreams are shut down by his peers. The young kid then discovers a cereal that gives him super-strength and he soon becomes a wrestler known as "The Spaghetti Kid". The report also notes that John Cena is scripted into the film making a cameo appearance and the current version of the script has roles slated for The Miz and Bray Wyatt.

The screenwriter for the film, Larry Postel has three other projects in the works as well as 'Flip Turn' is in filming, 'Driver Les' is in filming and 'The Lift' is in pre-production. The latest film that WWE Studios was a part of is 'Fighting With My Family' which releases globally in the United States on Valentine's Day and 'The Buddy Games' starring former 4-time WWE World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus is in post-production.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/report-wwe-studios-partnering-netflix-present-original-films-first-project-begins-summer?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Oh goody, now WWEs absolutely horrid abomination films can reach an even bigger audience in their desperate attempt to break into a market they've repeatedly failed at. Looking forward To The Chaperone 2: Electric Woo.

I'll give it a chance.I actually liked the Chaperone, and some others like See No Evil so who knows. This could only help. Just wish it was on Hulu instead of Netflix but oh well.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So, the Big Show 'Show' is one of those weird "portraying the family of a real person, with actors who aren't his family" type shows? That format has always been strange to me. Anyway, I guess it will be like the Big Show equivalent of 'King of Queens' or 'The Bernie Mac Show'...should be fun enough.

• 7 months later...

Archived