Dump your opinions about Lacey Evans in here

Monkey D. Jiggy

"She has elements in her character and personality that is black, almost stereotypically black. But that doesn't make her black"..

Uhm, okay, if you say so.

2j3glxc.jpg

Yea, thats not a black werewolf character...

/25tj58z.jpg

She clearly doesn't have a single physical feature that you can attribute to a Caucasian or any other race except for African American's.

Ya'll need to cut it out. Her ethnicity isn't even the main point, fact is what Lacey did was wrong, she showed a moment of racial insensitivity, and didn't have to put dirt paint on her daughter face to darken her complexion because of a character. I've shown various examples of Caucasians and other similar toned people who accomplished Clawdeen Wolf's look with no black or brown paint on her face. Like I said initially, I hope Lacey isn't racist, I don't even think she is, but she showed a moment of ignorance, insensitivity, and showed a lack of compassion and sense, not even considering how such a thing would be taken and perceived. Knowing the photo would go viral as soon as it was posted on social media.

I'm no longer going to repeat myself, I think I've done enough in this thread to make my point. This is my final input on the matter.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. That's not a black character. It's in the spoiler box from my previous post as to why I think that is. I don't think you've read all of it. Or any of it. That's why you're "repeating yourself", you're not really responding to what I said. Maybe like 2 percent of it. If anything, I'm the one who has to repeat themselves here.

She clearly doesn't have a single physical feature that you can attribute to a Caucasian or any other race except for African American's.

Her hair.

Ya'll need to cut it out.

Cut what out? It's a debate. I said something, you didn't agree, you replied, I didn't agree, I replied. You're talking like I'm trying to bug you on purpose. Obviously, this isn't a popular side to take, so I'm not here for fun. I don't see anything from the other side that's convincing enough though.

Also, her ethnicity is objectively a big point in the argument. It basically makes or breaks the discussion. If she's not black, then Lacey Evans literally can't be racially insensitive because she wasn't painting her kid to look like a black character. And if Clawdeen is not black, then it's not a fact that Lacey was in the wrong. And all that you said about how Lacey should've acted, goes out of the window, because she reasonably can't be expected to assume that she was doing blackface. It would be like getting upset if someone paints their kid brown to look like Arthur.

So it's crucial really.

Anyway, he's not going to respond, so anyone else who has something to say? You know, without the attitude?

I still can't get over 'I'm European so I don't know what black face is'

I'm also European, I'm just not dense as *Censored*.

You won't be after March 19th :shifty:

I hope you are joking.

And just in case you arent. We are still going to be European. The geography of our island does not change.

I hope you are joking.

And just in case you arent. We are still going to be European. The geography of our island does not change.

Well I take it by now you have assumed I do not possess the intelligence of a used tea bag. :P

Why is he introduced as Barack Obama? Why does the title say Barack Obama alias Bruce Darnell. He was just supposed to be some weird looking black guy? I don't get it. You find it funny, says a lot.

I mean... legion is black

I suppose it would be less funny if the German guy was in A Jewish Costume. And no this is not the "Hitler Card" I mean this in the sense that nations all have moments where they were less then their best to a certain kind of people. Some of those people were their very own, just with different skin color, or faith. Some Nations are farther from those times then others...But other nations don't have that widened amount of time, or that innocence , Some are still struggling to make things right.

Some Nations feel they have the luxury to shrug off racial Humor. We in the united states do not and we know this. Our History is a contrast , A painful Hypocrisy that saw most Immigrants seen as sub human , and others owned as we proclaimed ourselves the beacon of Equality and Freedom. We tread lightly because it's to easy to repeat history and we know we have so far to go. The path is slippery indeed, But I'd rather fall forward then backwards in this case.

I didn't read all comments but it seems her daughter wanted to dress up like her favorite monster high character clawdeen and she made the make up to match it.

So what? Are People THAT sensitive that one is not allowed to Dress on anything that is of Color then White characters at all?

Should we Scratch then all black werewolf actors from series and movies and make them all White so People won't attempt to Dress like them in a costume Party if they like these characters in a series or movie?

I seriously think that People are overdoing it these days which is seriously bad.

Went myself as a Mummy when I was a kid, should had arabs be offended because I'm not arabic? :P

Are you not aware of the history of blackface? The only reason why I'm confused about this is because of the werewolf being brown, and the kid being a kid, otherwise blackface is unacceptable and racist.

And wtf at the last paragraph? Creep replied to this, but just how daft are you?

I don't know what creep replied to me since I have him blocked.

Also don't know who blackface is but I clearly know that the Girl looks like clawdeen from the Monster high Cartoon.

I can also say that I'm sick and tired of all these People Jumping on everyone and everything immediately saying that everything is racism.

A Actor Plays a certain Comic character and is immediately "whitewashing" because they decided to give the role to a White Person instead of an asian or a black. Then we have the blacks that immediately jump on everything because they find everything anyone does offensive.

Thankfully not all of them and definately not my Friends here in Germany because they are more openminded it seems.

Had to deal with rasicm myself because of my ethnicity as also discrimination at work, at the movies and whereelse because of my sexual orientation and in my childhood because I came from a poor Family and had to start working with 11 next to school.

Yet I don't scream racism or discrimination at the first sight of something or someone that could look like it, nor do I immediately blame others without having a clue how they meant something.

As About the egyptian thing I apologize if anyone felt offended that I wrote the wrong culture on matter of 100s of years ago.

To summarize what he said about the last sentence, the whole concept of mummies came from Egypt, not from Arabian countries. And you really have to be ignorant to not know this fact, because holy shit.

And the fact that you said you don't know who (unless you meant what) blackface is says everything we need to know about your ignorance.

You can say that, you have a right to, but it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong and ignorant. Just say you're a racist, even if you aren't white.

I know that the whole concept came from egypt, Jesus Christ! You are like those People that immediately will grab a gun and run behind someone only because they used the wrong type of cereal for breakfast and wasn't perfect enough in your eyes because of that.

Alone the fact that you guys are blaming a 5 years old Girl for rasism only because she dressed up as her favorite Cartoon character cosplaying and her mother approved shows how tied up and how ready you are to immediately get offended by anything around you.

Calling me ignorant for not knowing something that happen in america is full of ignorance itself for thinking that everyone in this world has to know everything about the USA historical or not.

So to summarize all that I "apologize" for being born and raised in europe and for not watching the said movies to know who or what blackface is.

Just out of curiosity, are you calling the black tribes in africa "whiteface" when they paint their whole face White to symbolize something or is it just "paint" in that case?

Asking because I'm pretty sure that for lacey and her daugther it was just paint to symbolize a Cartoon character and nothing else.

Should lacey indeed had posted racistic slurs of some short to Support your "blackface" opinion because of this then I'll take it all back and Support your opinion because I'm against rasism myself.

As long as she didn't however it is still only a 5 years old having fun with her favorite character in my eyes and it has nothing to do with ignorance but rather with the fact that some of you are hypersensitive and aggro on everything that might look racistic overexaggerating.

Then why in the *Censored* would you say Arab? And that's a stupid analogy.

Point out where anyone blamed the girl for being racist. Point out where anyone even suggested the girl could be racist. Her mom is the one being criticized for being tone deaf, and then following it up with a stupid response. Do you not understand why blackface is frowned upon?

I never mentioned America, I was talking about blackface, which can occur anywhere. You're still ignorant because even if you didn't know it, you could still research it instead of saying people are easily offended. Again, learn the history of blackface and why it's considered offensive. You don't need to watch movies, there's a magical thing known as the internet. Jeez.

And why do the black tribes in Africa paint their faces white? Are they trying to imitate white men? What's the purpose of doing that?

My opinion is that this thread be dumped in the trash. The name calling, flame baiting, and ignorance in this thread just reached a new level for this website. Good lord.

No. Lets not pussy out. People need to learn some harsh truths.

And Im sorry King Nova, but if you actually have nothing to say then dont say it. Popping in just to shit on this website is spam and unnecessary.

Doesn't look like most people are willing to learn, though.

Gen, my issue with you here is you're telling Paulie, a black person, that his opinion on racism and this issue is 'objectively wrong'. You're literally telling someone who I imagine has had to deal with racism and race-related issues his entire life that he is objectively wrong cos his opinion (his much more informed opinion FYI) is objectively wrong. Get the *Censored* out of here. Can't believe I'm gonna go and use these ridiculous examples, but yes some people might think dressing up as a Simpsons character is fine, and some others will think it's racist (or at least unacceptable). There is an argument for both. But to say that people are objectively wrong for not sharing the same opinion as you is dumb, and to say it to someone who without a doubt is more knowledgeable about the realities racism is downright *censored*ing ridiculous and actually quite offensive. I'm not saying you're a racist, but how arrogant can you be? Instead of having to be right all the time, maybe you should listen to what other people are trying to say to you, especially people of colour in this instance (I really hate that term btw). You saying that 'they've succeeded in making you not care about blackface' tells me that you don't actually give a shit about racism or blackface and any related issue; what you really care about is being right and inflating your own ego. It's not 'I care about this because racism is wrong', it's 'I care about this cos I like looking smart'. But saying you don't care as soon as your opinion is challenged (and by those with more knowledge on the topic) makes you look like a *censored*ing tool.

Exactly this.

Why is he introduced as Barack Obama? Why does the title say Barack Obama alias Bruce Darnell. He was just supposed to be some weird looking black guy? I don't get it. You find it funny, says a lot.

I mean... legion is black

And......Whats your point?

I know that the whole concept came from egypt, Jesus Christ! You are like those People that immediately will grab a gun and run behind someone only because they used the wrong type of cereal for breakfast and wasn't perfect enough in your eyes because of that.

Alone the fact that you guys are blaming a 5 years old Girl for rasism only because she dressed up as her favorite Cartoon character cosplaying and her mother approved shows how tied up and how ready you are to immediately get offended by anything around you.

Calling me ignorant for not knowing something that happen in america is full of ignorance itself for thinking that everyone in this world has to know everything about the USA historical or not.

So to summarize all that I "apologize" for being born and raised in europe and for not watching the said movies to know who or what blackface is.

Just out of curiosity, are you calling the black tribes in africa "whiteface" when they paint their whole face White to symbolize something or is it just "paint" in that case?

Asking because I'm pretty sure that for lacey and her daugther it was just paint to symbolize a Cartoon character and nothing else.

Should lacey indeed had posted racistic slurs of some short to Support your "blackface" opinion because of this then I'll take it all back and Support your opinion because I'm against rasism myself.

As long as she didn't however it is still only a 5 years old having fun with her favorite character in my eyes and it has nothing to do with ignorance but rather with the fact that some of you are hypersensitive and aggro on everything that might look racistic overexaggerating.

Then why in the *Censored* would you say Arab? And that's a stupid analogy.

Point out where anyone blamed the girl for being racist. Point out where anyone even suggested the girl could be racist. Her mom is the one being criticized for being tone deaf, and then following it up with a stupid response. Do you not understand why blackface is frowned upon?

I never mentioned America, I was talking about blackface, which can occur anywhere. You're still ignorant because even if you didn't know it, you could still research it instead of saying people are easily offended. Again, learn the history of blackface and why it's considered offensive. You don't need to watch movies, there's a magical thing known as the internet. Jeez.

And why do the black tribes in Africa paint their faces white? Are they trying to imitate white men? What's the purpose of doing that?

You obviously didn't care to read my other Posts anymore because it was easier to respond to that one.

Already wrote that I missunderstood the whole "Blackface" thing because at first I thought you were talking about a Person or character that was named like that instead of the whole painting your face black for whatever reason. That's why I was saying from the start that she portrays clawdeen and not blackface to even start with.

Funny you blaming me for not immediately recognizing something but then you are even asking WHY some or most african tribes are painting their faces White (or a other Color for that matter)? :P

It's mostly symbolic for status within the tribe, age differences, ceremonial, war, hunt among other things. :)

Fact is, there are Brown wolfs in nature and many People portraying such characters in Brown Color in Cartoons, movies, series, games. It has nothing to do with rasicm nor with trying to be offensive to anyone.

That's why I said that People are overexxagerating when it comes to this.

Sometimes a wolf is just a wolf you know? There is no reason to make something else out of it. Only because we can see offensivness in everything around us it doesn't mean that we have to or that it is a healthy way of living to do so.

And some people can find some forms of comedy disrespectful and insensitive.

And stop making excuses for the shit, "oh they're tan, so they dont have to paint their face." The girl in the midde is caucasian and doesnt look to have a tan at all, yet she managed to be Clawdeen without putting black or brown paint on her face. I'll show you motr examples of caucasian girls, as Clawdeen without painting their faces black or brown. Your opinions are idiotic.

And I clearly proved the character is implied and inspired as and by African American's. And her skin color wasn't the only reason given as to why shes implied how she is. Get outta here.

https://ii.chadwicks.com/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=/images/chadwicks/source/products/848465_mlt_1.tif&wid=8000=&cvt=jpeg

Oh wow, look at that..No blackface.

P3Q0544N.jpg

Does she have "a tan"? NO! Is she in blackface? NO!

3e73fa3b236c4a7200dab76e928ab184--wolf-c

Oh wow, no black or brown facepaint.

NmQjBHSTSuegg4IGeTUpjUSJqYLFThclkkqT-4Gh

I'm done.

It's not a excuse at all. All 3 Girls have a tan so they can portray the character better and more original and all 3 seem to be caucasian aswell. So what?

BTW: The top Girl on the Picture doesn't portray clawdeen she goes for a other character.

Thanks for calling my opinions idiotic, I guess everyone that doesn't agree with your "there is only black or White in this world and no Grey lines in between" attitude, is automatically wrong in your opinion.

The Problem here is not racism, it's your mindset. You want to see racism into everything so you rather looking for a reason to call something racistic no matter how many proofs there are that you are wrong.

You didn't proved anything btw cause there is no official proof that clawdeen is supposed to be african-american.

She is just a wolf! Here you have one:

https://i.postimg.cc/CLg7RyN8/Wolf.jpg

Can't wait to see your rants around here when the new mutants movie comes out cause wolfsbane is unfortunately casted as a White Girl with red hair instead of Brown skinned actress.

Find it stupid myself since she was a Brown Girl in the comics and I dislike it when they are doing such things but it is what it is.

On the opposite: In the reboot of the fantastic four the torch wasn't white anymore and the father of him and susan wasn't white either (which I also found stupid and a unneeded change).

These are examples on which we could had felt offended calling it racism only because they changed the color of a comic character but do we have to really? I think not.

Saturi, you might legitimately be the most ignorant person on this site. Are you missing the point on purpose now? Because you keep coming up with these bizarre counterarguments that make no sense. You're comparing CASTING choices in a film to something that has been seen as a racist action for years and years. One action meant to try and appeal/welcome a different nationality, while the other used to discriminate against one. The two are nothing alike so please stop acting like you're breaking ground with these posts.

Saturi, you might legitimately be the most ignorant person on this site. Are you missing the point on purpose now? Because you keep coming up with these bizarre counterarguments that make no sense. You're comparing CASTING choices in a film to something that has been seen as a racist action for years and years. One action meant to try and appeal/welcome a different nationality, while the other used to discriminate against one. The two are nothing alike so please stop acting like you're breaking ground with these posts.

I dont know much about Saturi, but alone from reading stuff in this thread...the possibility of this is very high.

Im not sure if this thread hurts wrestling fans or americans in general more...either way it doesnt look good.

What baffles me is the "people are too soft" kind of attitude people have.

I could understand this kind of attitude from people who's country doesnt have the racist history of America...but for Americans to lack the sensibility...it shows a lot.

America was literally built on the backs of Black people, you guys have enslaved and did every bad thing possible to them...hell America even treated them 50-60 years ago as lesser people.

And yet some have the audacity to claim people are "too soft"? Are you shitting me?

Are Americans really that self centered and egoisitcal that instead of owning up and being more thoughtfull, they go "buhu, its not my fault that people are too sensitive".

I dont know much about Saturi, but alone from reading stuff in this thread...the possibility of this is very high.

Im not sure if this thread hurts wrestling fans or americans in general more...either way it doesnt look good.

I could understand this kind of attitude from people who's country doesnt have the racist history of America...but for Americans to lack the sensibility...it shows a lot.

America was literally built on the backs of Black people, you guys have enslaved and did every bad thing possible to them...hell America even treated them 50-60 years ago as lesser people.

And yet some have the audacity to claim people are "too soft"? Are you shitting me?

Are Americans really that self centered and egoisitcal that instead of owning up and being more thoughtfull, they go "buhu, its not my fault that people are too sensitive".

Saturi isn't American

Saturi isn't American

You can tell by his terrible grammar.

Saturi isn't American

I meant in general that this thread either makes wrestling fans or americans look bad.

Saturis lunatic posts run without competition.

You obviously didn't get the Point out of my post.

Several People are getting upset screaming "racism" when it comes to such CASTINGS.

So maybe you don't want to aknowledge that and doesn't get my Point because of it?

Did you hear about "whitewashing"? It's a term they are using when a character in a movie was cast on a White Person while the actual character is asian or black or Brown in the Comics, books, games or wherelse.

People are getting offended by such Actions calling it racism.

It's great that you get the difference, yet not everyone does and since you didn't even got what I was saying even it was clear what the point of it was: it has nothing to do with racism or discrimination yet People that see racism on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING around them are taking it a such and saying that it is racism.

Saturi isn't American

I meant in general that this thread either makes wrestling fans or americans look bad.

Saturis lunatic posts run without competition.

It has nothing to do with softness, rather with the mindset of said persons.

Many people unfortunately are not willing to go the way and open their mind more because they are stuck on a certain "everyone wants to discriminate me because I'm that way or look that way" and take everything around them as offensive no matter if the things are offensive or not.

Most of all depressive People or People with tendency to Depression are acting like that by taking everything personal one says to them thinking that everyone and everything "hates" them.

I've seen that on several People no matter the color.

The reason why I'm bringing all this up is not because I'm a "lunatic" but because I too got to experience racism from others here in Germany and in Greece (as a child) and in the UK (as an adult) and in Italy (last year) along with discrimination (in Germany) due to my ethnicity and sexual orientation.

Yet I don't go out there and take offence on everything that remotely looks like racism or discrimination but rather checking things out to make sure it is first unlike some people on this thread.

Doesn't really have anything to do with this...but blackface is a thing in German comedy skits and I often find it funnier when a white guy is put in the role, instead of black comedians being typcasted as "Obama parody" all the time

Nah bro, see shit like that is what I'm talking about. Thats disrespectful. He didn't even make an attempt to look or sound like Barack Obama, he just painted his face and head black, or whatever he did, and went out to do his segment like that. I dont speak German and don't really get what he's saying even when hes using English words. But I don't find that funny. But thats sort of typical of Germany, they also have a long history of should I say, disliking minorities.

He's not supposed to be Obama :lol:

That's the whole point of the skit

.. I dont get it.

I think the joke is that they think every black person with an American accent must be Barack Obama and he keeps talking about how he's not Barack Obama.

I don't speak German though.

The comedian with the Color talks the way Bruce talks german (with a heavy Accent) and tries to kinda educate the interviewer the same way he does it with models in Germanys next top model.

The only Obama thing is that the interviewer is introducing "Bruce" as Obama thinking that Obama came to his show.

I think the joke is that they think every black person with an American accent must be Barack Obama and he keeps talking about how he's not Barack Obama.

The comedian with the Color talks the way Bruce talks german (with a heavy Accent) and tries to kinda educate the interviewer the same way he does it with models in Germanys next top model.

The only Obama thing is that the interviewer is introducing "Bruce" as Obama thinking that Obama came to his show.

I see. I guess it's something you don't really get at first glance unless you're from Germany and are familiar with their humor.

I see. I guess it's something you don't really get at first glance unless you're from Germany and are familiar with their humor.

You need to be rather more familiar with Bruce Darnell to get the joke. :)

Still not as funny as other sketches they did in the show though.

One of the most hilarious parodies in the show was heidi klums parody cause the comedian that Play her (Martina Hill) is awesome. :)

One of the most hilarious parodies in the show was heidi klums parody cause the comedian that Play her (Martina Hill) is awesome. :)

Hitler's Version of the office >>

Hitler's Version of the office >>

Like when he asked the italian Office for a Job? :P

Archived