Dump your opinions about Lacey Evans in here

Monkey D. Jiggy

I don't really believe that that costume was supposed to be blackface. The character was a werewolf, and she had a brown skin tone. She's not a human being, therefore I don't think she should be considered be an " african american ". Even if she is supposed to be black, I doubt Lacey Evans knew that when her daughter asked to dress up as her for Halloween. She probably just looked at a picture of the character and made the costume to resemble that character.

You tell me if this is just a werewolf.

EQHat4L.png

Can't believe I had to pull this up. :lol:

:lol:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really believe that that costume was supposed to be blackface. The character was a werewolf, and she had a brown skin tone. She's not a human being, therefore I don't think she should be considered be an " african american ". Even if she is supposed to be black, I doubt Lacey Evans knew that when her daughter asked to dress up as her for Halloween. She probably just looked at a picture of the character and made the costume to resemble that character.

EQHat4L.png

You've done those of us with common sense a service.

really proud of some of you.

ok. i know Lacey meant no harm, as is the case with most modern day instances of blackface, doesnt make it okay. on top of that, its hard to make a case in defense of her because:

1. she only painted the kids face. like she literally lived up to the basic definition of blackface. the hands had no paint nor did her chest, just the face.

2. what the *Censored*? take away the subject of racial insensitivity and you still have an aesthetically inaccurate costume. bro, her natural skin tone would have looked a million times closer to the character, instead of the general purpose forest brown paint she used. look at the ears. Lacey went out and bought some regular brown ass paint, she deserves every bit of slander for that alone because you have to be really *censored*ing airheaded to make a decision like this. the kid looks like an idiot even if blackface wasnt a thing. yall know damn well you woulda roasted the shit out the kid when yall went trick-or-treating. thats the worst thing about this. blackface isnt meant to be an accurate depiction of black people, its meant to be an insensitive caricature of black people so again, Lacey lived up to it whether she meant to or not. i think we have had enough seasons of Teen Wolf, among other things to know that werewolves are fictional beings that dont have to be that particular color. in fact, i looked up the characters, there is a werewolf there who looks almost white. no way Lacey didnt know this character was black.

just dont do it. it takes much more effort to do it than it does to not do it, why is that not the perfect reason to not do blackface? also the same people who see this as **SJWs** (what a shitty ass term) overreacting are the same people who think the movie White Chicks is the same thing or say shit like if white people cant wear blackface then black people cant be clowns, or get mad at Gilette commercials for saying men should tell other men to stop being dickheads. you know, idiots.

this world is too soft, EJ you should feel bad for making completely rational and logical points in regards to how moronic, tone dear and poor taste this whole thing is

in fact you should stop trying to make the world a better place and just sit with your ignorance and 1950s attitude and laugh at SJW's.

Ya'll ever realise that the people who use the term 'SJWs' are like 1000% worse than SJW's themselves? At least they have the balls to give a damn about beneficial cultural change instead being the type of person to instantly scoff at the whole idea.

this world is too soft, EJ you should feel bad for making completely rational and logical points in regards to how moronic, tone dear and poor taste this whole thing is

in fact you should stop trying to make the world a better place and just sit with your ignorance and 1950s attitude and laugh at SJW's.

Ya'll ever realise that the people who use the term 'SJWs' are like 1000% worse than SJW's themselves? At least they have the balls to give a damn about beneficial cultural change instead being the type of person to instantly scoff at the whole idea.

For every Youtube comment about "SJW ruining everything" there are zero point zero zero one comments from someone that fiits the definition of what these people consider a "SJW".

EQHat4L.png

Well, there's the fangs, the ears, the fur around her ankles and wrists that are the same color as her skin to the point I'm wondering whether that's fur as well.

Yeah, you could easily say this is an example of an anthropomorphic werewolf.

Thought it was an innocent mistake until I saw the cartoon picture of the character... Yikes. Definitely intentional black face. A shame; I was a big Lacey Evans fan.

You can still like the role of an actor, even if the actor himself is a shithead. Same thing applies to wrestling aswell

Thought it was an innocent mistake until I saw the cartoon picture of the character... Yikes. Definitely intentional black face. A shame; I was a big Lacey Evans fan.

You can still like the role of an actor, even if the actor himself is a shithead. Same thing applies to wrestling aswell

I can, but I don't.

It's hard to be supportive of a character that is portrayed by a human that I do not respect. Unfortunately, I can't park my morality at the side for the sake of my entertainment.

I can, but I don't.

It's hard to be supportive of a character that is portrayed by a human that I do not respect. Unfortunately, I can't park my morality at the side for the sake of my entertainment.

Understandable

You know what I find odd? This is the only place I can see discussing this whole instagram post, bar one brief mention in a reddit post and a topic on a site called The Coli. Pretty weird, thought something like this would have gotten way more traction. Makes me wonder if this was a fake post we've all fallen for.

You know what I find odd? This is the only place I can see discussing this whole instagram post, bar one brief mention in a reddit post and a topic on a site called The Coli. Pretty weird, thought something like this would have gotten way more traction. Makes me wonder if this was a fake post we've all fallen for.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMProJVjoh7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ku23ymhux3im

And people are definitely discussing this on Twitter lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMProJVjoh7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ku23ymhux3im

And people are definitely discussing this on Twitter lol

Oh. Me being an idiot. :lol: And I try to avoid Twitter, the scum of every fandom resides there.

She is blocking people on her social media that bring up what she did.

Some other controversy.

https://twitter.com/ThePaul133/status/1093252528375062530?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1093252528375062530&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdisqus.com%2Fembed%2Fcomments%2F%3Fbase%3Ddefault%26f%3Dchannel-outsideinterference%26t_u%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fdisqus.com%252Fhome%252Fdiscussion%252Fchannel-outsideinterference%252Flosers_over_at_road_to_wrestlemania%252F%26t_s%3Dlosers_over_at_road_to_wrestlemania%26t_e%3DLosers%2520over%2520at%2520Road%2520to%2520Wrestlemania%2520%26t_d%3DLosers%2520over%2520at%2520Road%2520to%2520Wrestlemania%2520%25C2%25B7%2520Outside%2520Interference%2520%25C2%25B7%2520Disqus%26t_t%3DLosers%2520over%2520at%2520Road%2520to%2520Wrestlemania%2520%26s_o%3Ddesc%23version%3Dbc375ca08174aafcdafffefdfe6bc380

https://twitter.com/KillEFFY/status/1042521231625474048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1042521231625474048&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdisqus.com%2Fembed%2Fcomments%2F%3Fbase%3Ddefault%26f%3Dchannel-outsideinterference%26t_u%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fdisqus.com%252Fhome%252Fdiscussion%252Fchannel-outsideinterference%252Flosers_over_at_road_to_wrestlemania%252F%26t_s%3Dlosers_over_at_road_to_wrestlemania%26t_e%3DLosers%2520over%2520at%2520Road%2520to%2520Wrestlemania%2520%26t_d%3DLosers%2520over%2520at%2520Road%2520to%2520Wrestlemania%2520%25C2%25B7%2520Outside%2520Interference%2520%25C2%25B7%2520Disqus%26t_t%3DLosers%2520over%2520at%2520Road%2520to%2520Wrestlemania%2520%26s_o%3Ddesc%23version%3Dbc375ca08174aafcdafffefdfe6bc380

I had never heard the phrase SJW before until this thread lol i learned something today.

Im still a fan of Lacey in ring so stuff like this doesnt bother me too much. I mean AJ Styles is a homophobe, Lesnar is a homophobe, Hogans racist, etc. Theres alot of *censored*ed up people in wrestling i just try to dissasociate the character and the person

With the knowledge that the character her daughter dressed up as is black, it definitely was blackface. That being said, I still doubt that Lacey Evans knew that what she was doing was blackface. She probably either didn't know what qualified as blackface, or she didn't understand the history of blackface/ why it is racist.

As for the whole homophobia thing, I wouldn't jump to conclusions until more information comes out. The guy tweeting said that heard about what she said second-hand, so there's no guarantees she actually said that.

Archived