Official WrestleMania 35 Discussion Thread

Jmerc

As much as i agree on the Becky/Ronda buildup, Charlotte has been the main antagonist of the whole feud. Shes been a huge part of the feud ever since Survivor Series so while i prefer the singles match, i wouldnt mind the Triple Threat.

If WWE was smart they could just make it a Triple Threat elimination match but they dont do that.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are really some fans that didn't see Charlotte getting added to this a mile away. Charlotte was the original rumored wrestlemania opponent for Rousey and you don't do a beat down like what happened at Survior Series and then the interference at TLC with no payoff.

As better as Becky vs Rousey is adding Charlotte is natural.

It would make sense due to TLC, but some just want Becky to have her shine by herself without Charlotte butting in again especially since shes the one thats been on Rondas neck the most while Charlotte got lucky cause of the incident with Nia.

It makes sense due to Survior series as well.

Backstage News on Current WrestleMania 35 Plans For The RAW Women's Championship

On last night's RAW, Becky Lynch appeared unannounced to exchange some words with Ronda Rousey and confirm that she wants to face her at WrestleMania 35.

As we noted a couple of weeks ago, the plan for the RAW Women's Championship at "The Showcase of the Immortals" is to have a Triple Threat Match, with champion Ronda Rousey defending against Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair.

On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer confirmed that that is still the plan as of last night's WWE RAW and like anything in the wrestling business, the match could always be changed.

As for now, there is a storyline in place to add Charlotte to the Rousey vs. Lynch match. Charlotte will probably point to the fact that Becky just "illegally" replaced Lana at Sunday's Royal Rumble match to steal her moment. Lynch would last eliminate Charlotte from the Rumble to guarantee herself a Women's Championship match at WrestleMania 35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

"Charlotte will probably point to the fact that Becky just "illegally" replaced Lana at Sunday's Royal Rumble match to steal her moment."

.. That would make absolutely no sense as she got the green light from Finlay. So I wouldn't call it illegal. Nia's entry into the men's rumble would be classed as illegal.

Backstage News on Current WrestleMania 35 Plans For The RAW Women's Championship

On last night's RAW, Becky Lynch appeared unannounced to exchange some words with Ronda Rousey and confirm that she wants to face her at WrestleMania 35.

As we noted a couple of weeks ago, the plan for the RAW Women's Championship at "The Showcase of the Immortals" is to have a Triple Threat Match, with champion Ronda Rousey defending against Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair.

On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer confirmed that that is still the plan as of last night's WWE RAW and like anything in the wrestling business, the match could always be changed.

As for now, there is a storyline in place to add Charlotte to the Rousey vs. Lynch match. Charlotte will probably point to the fact that Becky just "illegally" replaced Lana at Sunday's Royal Rumble match to steal her moment. Lynch would last eliminate Charlotte from the Rumble to guarantee herself a Women's Championship match at WrestleMania 35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

"Charlotte will probably point to the fact that Becky just "illegally" replaced Lana at Sunday's Royal Rumble match to steal her moment."

.. That would make absolutely no sense as she got the green light from Finlay. So I wouldn't call it illegal. Nia's entry into the men's rumble would be classed as illegal.

That's why the win will still stand. But Charlotte will still have a point, because Becky got to enter after Number 30 and didn't have to fight like Charlotte to make it to the final two.

Some of you all moan about crappy story telling, but don't want Charlotte in that match. Her not being in match would suck and wouldn't make any sense.

how would her not being in the Mania match not make any sense? we can ignore the fact that Charlotte wouldnt even be mentioned if Becky didnt get injured and Charlotte still would feel shoehorned. Charlotte beats Ronda down at SS, Ronda comes out the next night and says shes okay and shes a fighter blah blah you remember. TLC comes and Ronda shoves her off a ladder, stripping away her chance at grabbing the title. Ronda and Charlotte are done right there imo. you tried to kill me for no reason, i push you off a ladder and leave you without a title. square. after that Ronda is seemingly not even thinking about Charlotte, but damn sure cant go a night without people chanting Becky at her. now Becky wins the Rumble which gives her the opportunity to hop brands and face Ronda because they have actual unfinished business. they have to jump through logical hoops to get Charlotte involved in that match. if you have a way to add her without it feeling forced and shoehorned in (because shes still on Smackdown) then im all ears.

im not against the triple threat, i just dont want it at Mania. thats something i would rather they get that match out the way at EC or do it some time after Mania, but Becky vs Ronda one on one to main event Mania is the money match. adding Charlotte just feels like them giving her yet another accolade/big match because shes Charlotte.

Not sure what the problem is tbh. Adding Charlotte infinitely ups the match quality. Ronda can do her cool shit whilst the other two carry the overall match. Becky can still get her limelight that will likely close out Wrestlemania.

It feels like a pretty good time to put on Ronda vs Becky vs Chatlotte as the first women to main event, or put it better, to close out Wrestlemania.

Seems like a perfect combo of superstars, charaters and stories.

Hell, it would be the perfect time.

Some of you all moan about crappy story telling, but don't want Charlotte in that match. Her not being in match would suck and wouldn't make any sense.

how would her not being in the Mania match not make any sense? we can ignore the fact that Charlotte wouldnt even be mentioned if Becky didnt get injured and Charlotte still would feel shoehorned. Charlotte beats Ronda down at SS, Ronda comes out the next night and says shes okay and shes a fighter blah blah you remember. TLC comes and Ronda shoves her off a ladder, stripping away her chance at grabbing the title. Ronda and Charlotte are done right there imo. you tried to kill me for no reason, i push you off a ladder and leave you without a title. square. after that Ronda is seemingly not even thinking about Charlotte, but damn sure cant go a night without people chanting Becky at her. now Becky wins the Rumble which gives her the opportunity to hop brands and face Ronda because they have actual unfinished business. they have to jump through logical hoops to get Charlotte involved in that match. if you have a way to add her without it feeling forced and shoehorned in (because shes still on Smackdown) then im all ears.

im not against the triple threat, i just dont want it at Mania. thats something i would rather they get that match out the way at EC or do it some time after Mania, but Becky vs Ronda one on one to main event Mania is the money match. adding Charlotte just feels like them giving her yet another accolade/big match because shes Charlotte.

You act like you haven't been watching WWE if you think what happen at TLC was a natural end to Ronda and Charlotte.

This story's natural end has been screaming Triple Threat, now rather that's a better or worse ending to the feud or not this is the way it should head.

we still dont know why Charlotte attacked Ronda. they werent beefing whatsoever before the match. Charlotte did what she did at SS for whatever reason, Ronda shrugs it off the next night and says shell get Charlotte back eventually and then she got her back at TLC by ruining her chance at the most coveted prize for a woman. how arent they even? Charlotte started it and Ronda finished it. what else needs to happen between them?

we still dont know why Charlotte attacked Ronda. they werent beefing whatsoever before the match. Charlotte did what she did at SS for whatever reason, Ronda shrugs it off the next night and says shell get Charlotte back eventually and then she got her back at TLC by ruining her chance at the most coveted prize for a woman. how arent they even? Charlotte started it and Ronda finished it. what else needs to happen between them?

1. Charlotte is a Heel this is never even till she ends up on top.

2. The way Ronda got beat simply costing Charlotte the title shouldn't be enough, it's never over till an actual match takes place.

No one is wwe is ever even till they have a fight.

People can blame Nia for being careless but her breaking Becky's face has made this one of the first natural triple threats in a long time wish it was elimination though.

2. The way Ronda got beat simply costing Charlotte the title shouldn't be enough, it's never over till an actual match takes place.

No one is wwe is ever even till they have a fight. Other than her being the most over and the RR I'd argue Becky has less reason to be in this match other than she got hurt and missed a champion vs champion match.

1. Faces end up on top way more often than heels do.

2. I disagree for reasons i already stated.

and your last point is WILD to me.

No one is wwe is ever even till they have a fight. Other than her being the most over and the RR I'd argue Becky has less reason to be in this match other than she got hurt and missed a champion vs champion match.

1. Faces end up on top way more often than heels do.

2. I disagree for reasons i already stated.

and your last point is WILD to me.

Yeah faces end up on top after a match.

I am so sick of this repetitive shit about Charlotte being in the match. If she's not, cool. If she is, also cool. It makes sense both ways and personally I'm happy that we're in a situation where either match could happen and either match will deliver. Charlotte being added DOES make total sense story wise. Honestly I think I'd rather see the one-on-one but Christ some of you act like a Triple Threat will completely ruin the match, Wrestlemania and professional wrestling as we know it. The example made of Dean being added to the Seth/Brock match is a laughably bad comparison. And don't ask me to explain why cos it's obvious.

Archived