Official WrestleMania 35 Discussion Thread

Jmerc

kyf9PJ8.png?1

Date: 7 April 2019

Venue: MetLife Stadium
Host: Alexa Bliss

Winner Take All - RAW & SmackDown Women's Championship Match

Triple Threat Match

Becky Lynch vs. RAW Women's Champion Ronda Rousey © vs. SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair ©

nme5OoJ.jpg

Universal Championship Match

Singles Match

Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar ©

zXwYcDo.jpg

WWE Championship Match

Single Match

"The New" Daniel Bryan © vs. Kofi Kingston

lMJiziT.jpg

Grudge Match

No Holds Barred Match (Triple H's In-Ring Career on the Line)

Triple H vs. Batista

nZTW8BU.jpg

United States Championship Match

Singles Match

Samoa Joe © vs. Rey Mysterio (w/ Dominic)

KXc8RyK.jpg

Grudge Match

Falls Count Anywhere Match

The Miz vs. Shane McMahon

J0492D9.jpg

Grudge Match

Singles Match

Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles

ivpItwy.jpg

Kurt Angle's Farewell Match

Singles Match

Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin

3b2PapS.jpg

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Match

Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Match

Nia Jax & Tamina vs. The Boss 'n' Hug Connection © vs. The IIconics vs. Divas of Doom

w6LwYOa.jpg

Grudge Match

Singles Match

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre

Y8nPyHD.jpg

Intercontinental Championship Match

Singles Match

Bobby Lashley © vs. “The Demon” Finn Bálor
yVWeRaO.jpg

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match

Fatal 4 Way Tag Team Match

Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. The Usos © vs. The Bar vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev

k9K1ftY.jpg

RAW Tag Team Championship Match

Tag Team Match

The Revival © vs. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder

EmuIn8h.png

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match

Kickoff Match

Buddy Murphy © vs. Tony Nese

PLecrdB.jpg

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Men's Battle Royal

Participants: Braun Strowman, Colin Jost (SNL), Michael Che (SNL), Andrade, Apollo Crews, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Jinder Mahal, No Way Jose, Bobby Roode, Chad Gable, Kalisto, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater, Rhyno, Viktor, Konnor, Ali, Shelton Benjamin, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Otis, Tucker, EC3 and more TBA

6UmLeyo.jpg

WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal

Women's Battle Royal

Participants: Asuka, Carmella, Naomi, Lana, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Mickie James, Zelina Vega and more TBA

J1LAKKS.jpg

Headlining Musical Act: 'The Living Truth' Elias

5n5coRh.png

Host of Wrestlemania: Alexa Bliss

Special Correspondents: SNL's Colin Jost and Michael Che

BGvEj6g.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha my man! Just posted about this too lol

Anyway, glad to see Becky vs. Ronda happening, finally. Hopefully Becky pulls off the win.

And with that being said, I expect Rollins to choose the WWE championship, and defect to Smackdown to negate the (hopeful) loss of The Man when she wins

In before Nia injures Becky on the go home show again. :hqhq:

I feel there would be a riot if that were to happen. Probably best to keep Becky far from Nia until afterwards. Like an oh yeah, I didnt forget about either after shes (Becky) done with Ronda

i just saw the idea (not a rumour, just people talking on twitter) floating around that Mania ends with the WWE 4HW all holding titles and honestly i can 100% see that happening. only problem is Asuka losing twice in a row to Charlotte (if thats the match). the only way i would be okay with that is if Charlotte wins in a dirty manner.

i would love if they built someone else up man im sorry but i really am not trying to see Alexa in anything too important for Mania. i still want a Smackdown title shot for Sonya eventually, or they could do a match with Naomi at Mania. Asukas match with her after TLC was pretty good and theres a story there somewhere.

I'm so hyped for Becky vs Ronda, ESPECIALLY with it being 1 on 1. MAIN EVENT LADIES.

Was still hoping Seth would choose D-Bryan, but oh well. Hope he beats Brock and then Lesnar can *censored* off for good.

After her performance at the Rumble, I'm actually super down for Sasha to get traded to SmackDown and get the Asuka match. I think that could be really good, especially if Sasha plays the heel.

Backstage News on Current WrestleMania 35 Plans For The RAW Women's Championship

On last night's RAW, Becky Lynch appeared unannounced to exchange some words with Ronda Rousey and confirm that she wants to face her at WrestleMania 35.

As we noted a couple of weeks ago, the plan for the RAW Women's Championship at "The Showcase of the Immortals" is to have a Triple Threat Match, with champion Ronda Rousey defending against Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair.

On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer confirmed that that is still the plan as of last night's WWE RAW and like anything in the wrestling business, the match could always be changed.

As for now, there is a storyline in place to add Charlotte to the Rousey vs. Lynch match. Charlotte will probably point to the fact that Becky just "illegally" replaced Lana at Sunday's Royal Rumble match to steal her moment. Lynch would last eliminate Charlotte from the Rumble to guarantee herself a Women's Championship match at WrestleMania 35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Backstage News on Current WrestleMania 35 Plans For The RAW Women's Championship

On last night's RAW, Becky Lynch appeared unannounced to exchange some words with Ronda Rousey and confirm that she wants to face her at WrestleMania 35.

As we noted a couple of weeks ago, the plan for the RAW Women's Championship at "The Showcase of the Immortals" is to have a Triple Threat Match, with champion Ronda Rousey defending against Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair.

On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer confirmed that that is still the plan as of last night's WWE RAW and like anything in the wrestling business, the match could always be changed.

As for now, there is a storyline in place to add Charlotte to the Rousey vs. Lynch match. Charlotte will probably point to the fact that Becky just "illegally" replaced Lana at Sunday's Royal Rumble match to steal her moment. Lynch would last eliminate Charlotte from the Rumble to guarantee herself a Women's Championship match at WrestleMania 35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

God forbid Becky outshine Charlotte. Give me a break man, just let her have her moment.

Becky is the most over superstar in the company, can't they just accept it and embrace it rather than force feeding us Charlotte again? No one wants her in that match, they want The Man and the Baddest Woman on the Planet.

Hell if they want Charlotte in the Main Event, Asuka has a perfectly nice title.

Charlotte is part of the story now, and I like I said, adding Charlotte makes it a more convincing *MAIN* event, can't deny that all three deserve it. It'll just make the pop when Becky wins even better. As long as Becky make Ronda tap though.

i honestly feel like Charlotte would cheapen the match from being main-event worthy. she would ruin what feels like genuine heat between Becky and Ronda. on top of the fact that she doesnt need this spot, she really doesnt belong.

on a lesser scale it would feel like them adding Dean to the Universal title match, which is no slight to Dean of course but it would just take a significant amount of heat away from the match.

i honestly feel like Charlotte would cheapen the match from being main-event worthy. she would ruin what feels like genuine heat between Becky and Ronda. on top of the fact that she doesnt need this spot, she really doesnt belong.

on a lesser scale it would feel like them adding Dean to the Universal title match, which is no slight to Dean of course but it would just take a significant amount of heat away from the match.

Agree completely. The story we want to see payoff is the year long build between Ronda and Becky. One V One, put up, or shut up.

Archived