10 things WWE.com want to see in 2019

Jmerc

Disapprove because Ali hasn't won a title before? There is no logic there. If they build him up throughout the year and pull the trigger, why should it matter if he doesn't hold a midcard belt? This is not 1991, people don't need to go through the midcard title picture route to get to the main event. If his build is handled well then it shouldn't matter, he'll be at that main event level regardless.

Nah dude. Ali HAS to go back down to 205 Live & win the cruiserweight championship before he can win the WWE Championship. HOW DARE YOU you go against the construct.

I'd take everything, except for Mustafa Ali becoming Champ, I *censored*ing hate that guy.

Why?

Honestly, to me he's just like a Seth Rollins-lite with a few more flashy moves. And I think he should alter his finish before he seriously hurts someone. Havent watched many of his matches since his SD! debut but he could've cut D-Bry's reign short by breaking his face when his knee collided with it after doing his finisher.

Man he's hit that move a shit ton of times and that just so happened to be his first incident with the 054 potentially injurying someone. I don't recall him hurting anyone else with that move.

I do agree with him being a Seth Rollins-life...but that's mainly due to the attire more than anything else, personally.

That finisher argument is bullshit. He knows what hes doing.

Also he is a little Seth Rollins lite, but he is pretty young and still has lots of time to figure out who he is.

And lets be glad that they are not treating someone called Mustafa Ali like hes a terrorist or something. He is a good role model for people of Arabic descent.

Bryan is the first person in Ali's whole career to get the 054 botched on. And Bryan told Ali backstage that he barely grazed him. So calm down before Ali has to use like an X-Factor as his finisher lmao

Bryan is the first person in Ali's whole career to get the 054 botched on. And Bryan told Ali backstage that he barely grazed him. So calm down before Ali has to use like an X-Factor as his finisher lmao

Excuse me, sir. But we're in 2019. It's called the Bella Buster now.

I clearly said I haven't seen his matches outside of his SD! debut. So thats what my opinion on his finish is based on. I also said my opinion on him can change down the line the first time I spoke on this.

And gtfoh, why should I be glad they aren't treating him like a terrorist? I'm not a fan, simple. I don't have to be "glad" they arent treating him like something else just for the sake of it. Secondly, WWE hasn't done that with literally ANY of their ethnic talents since Muhammad Hassan, so how is that a valid argument?

I clearly said I haven't seen his matches outside of his SD! debut. So thats what my opinion on his finish is based on. I also said my opinion on him can change down the line the first time I spoke on this.

And gtfoh, why should I be glad they aren't treating him like a terrorist? I'm not a fan, simple. I don't have to be "glad" they arent treating him like something else just for the sake of it. Secondly, WWE hasn't done that with literally ANY of their ethnic talents since Muhammad Hassan, so how is that a valid argument?

That was not aimed at you, hence why you were not quoted. I was just expressing that I felt it's fortunate that they are not treating like a stereotypical Arab. It was not argument against any point you or anyone else made, so calm down with the 'gtfo'. No I wont gtfo I made a very valid statement.

Even if its for the end of the year? Is that way too soon? If so, why?

I love Ali. Big fan of the guy. Have been pretty much since he first came to WWE. He was always "my guy" so to speak (in terms of the 205 roster, and who people liked...I always liked him more than anyone else). Which is more to the point why I don't want to see him become WWE champion before winning any other belts.

You're talking about a guy who hasn't even won the Cruiserweight title yet. He has a lot of options to work his way through before he just randomly becomes WWE champion. The US and IC titles exist for good reason. Hell...even a tag title would be beneficial to him. But the WWE title within the year? Nah...not yet. He needs to compile some accomplishments first. Whether those are smaller championships like the IC or US, or tournaments like King of the Ring, or winning the Andre Battle Royal, or...whatever. But, no...not even by the end of 2019 do I see Ali as a suitable WWE champion. It wouldn't be beneficial to him. That's not what his character is. I'd say the end of 2019 would be a good time for Joe to finally be WWE champion. Maybe Ali could win it by 2020.

Joe should have been Champion almost two *censored*ing years ago. Any time is a good time for Joe to take the strap off of someone lmao.

As for Ali winning a major title in his first year, I think it would be too much for him. I feel like the majority of 2019 needs to be used to establish the gritty underdog persona he has going. A think a feud against Orton would be perfect to get him over...or just any heel vet who's already well-recognized.

Archived