Ghostbusters Afterlife (2020)

Generations

I'm intrigued. And not a little excited.

Although to be honest, I think the videogame (so far, mine keeps crashing after the Librarian) is a worthy "Ghostbusters III" I hope this has Dan Akroyd, Ernie Hudson and Bill Murray in it (we miss you Egon)

I thought that's even why they did the game to begin with. It was supposed to be like the third movie. Wtf is this even?

I never got to see the remake. Not looking forward to that either. If Dan is attached, I'm game. Otherwise it's a dice roll

One little tiny nitpick, if this is supposed to follow on from the original Ghostbuster movies, then that really should be Ecto 1A and not Ecto 1.

One little tiny nitpick, if this is supposed to follow on from the original Ghostbuster movies, then that really should be Ecto 1A and not Ecto 1.

Part of the plate is obscured, so it still could be...even though the plate is obviously yellow, not white.

True, Ecto 1A had the white plates front and back didn't it? I don't think it's tall enough for all the stuff on top of 1A either, of course that could have been stripped down as part of the rebuild.

I do think it's gonna be Ray Stantz tinkering with the proton pack though, with Harold gone, he's the only one. Peter Venkman never showed any sort of technical aptitude before, neither did Winston. I can't imagine a proton pack and neutrino thrower is the sort of thing that anyone could pick up and put together. Ray would be the only one other than Egon that could do it.

Looks kinda cool. I'd hope we'd get the original crew back though.

Three of them, at least. I doubt they could do a convincing job of getting Harold Ramis in there, and I'd suspect also that he wasn't working on it when he passed away.

Guest Shades of Cool

Looks kinda cool. I'd hope we'd get the original crew back though.

Three of them, at least. I doubt they could do a convincing job of getting Harold Ramis in there, and I'd suspect also that he wasn't working on it when he passed away.

Well, that's what I meant.

I do think it's gonna be Ray Stantz tinkering with the proton pack though, with Harold gone, he's the only one. Peter Venkman never showed any sort of technical aptitude before, neither did Winston. I can't imagine a proton pack and neutrino thrower is the sort of thing that anyone could pick up and put together. Ray would be the only one other than Egon that could do it.

He might've had a kid and taught her everything she knows. Or pull an extreme Ghostbusters kind of deal

• 3 weeks later...

He might've had a kid and taught her everything she knows. Or pull an extreme Ghostbusters kind of deal

I never watched Extreme Ghostbusters, it always looked kind of silly from what little I saw of it.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

New trailer and official title:

As expected, I'm hearing a lot of bitching and negativity from people. But, I'm honestly intrigued by the new trailer. I like the concept of Spengler's grandkids being the main characters...and I'm expecting a Spengler ghost, and cameos of the original living Ghostbusters as well...should be a nice tribute to Harold Ramis if done right.

I mean it doesnt look bad and Im seeing a lot of positive reactions from fans, but it feels like theres a large number who got something totally different from Ghostbusters than I did. To me, it was just some sort of silly comedy like Caddy Shack or Groundhog Day. I guess its a lot more sacred to some people cause the trailer plays on this dewy-eyed nostalgia similar to a Force Awakens. Where like props from the movie are held as these sacred symbols. It definitely appears to be calculated. Its damage control cause the last one was a piece of shit. Its doing what Force Awakens had to do in response to the prequels. Its just sort of more fitting for Star Wars cause thats like a multi-generational familial saga at its core and Ghostbusters is a movie where Dan Akyroyd gets his dick sucked by a ghost.

I not saying its not a big franchise. Im just saying like Id think its strange if they did like a reboot of Caddy Shack or something and the trailer had no jokes with dramatic music cues set to Rodney Dangerfields stereo golf bag and gophers. Because I always personally read Ghostbusters as more of a comedy than anything else. It wasnt like Star Wars or something where there were toys, cartoons, and comic books sustaining 20 years after the movie was released, those were all in the moment. It was just a movie youd catch of Comedy Central on Saturdays between Mad TV reruns. People ten years older than me likely have a completely different reading on it. Thats all Im getting at. Not that Im seeing it for what it truly is or anything, just that without all those other tie-ins being present one wouldnt likely think the next step after Ghostbusters 2 would be something that seems to be aiming at something Spielbergian.

Of course Ghostbusters is a big franchise, and much more than a "generational comedy". There have been tons of different cartoons and comic books, toy lines, video games. Yeah...it's a big thing. Not sure what rock you've been living under since the 80's...

It was big in there 80s early 90s but now I wouldn't say it big

But Ghostbusters is featured on movies that made us a spin-off series of the toys that made us

Of course Ghostbusters is a big franchise, and much more than a "generational comedy". There have been tons of different cartoons and comic books, toy lines, video games. Yeah...it's a big thing. Not sure what rock you've been living under since the 80's...

It was big in there 80s early 90s but now I wouldn't say it big

But Ghostbusters is featured on movies that made us a spin-off series of the toys that made us

yes, it is. GB has always popular. its just that it was never saturated with 'too much of it' like Star Wars is now.

On one hand it looks really good from the trailer and all the right people are making the right noises about it. However I still have the horrible nagging feeling that this could turn out like Thunderbirds did all those years ago - just being a Spy Kids type disappointment.

Still I am excited for April.

No New York too much of a serious tone.

Ah yes...because Ghostbusters HAS to be about New York. :lol:

I stand by my previous assessment.

This is a good trailer. Most trailers spoil the entire movie, and it sucks. I really do think this trailer shows the bare minimum, while keeping the best surprises for people who actually see the film. I can feel that shit in my bones.

Main question for me is that is clearly Ecto 1. So was Ecto 1 stored somewhere during GB2 and the video game, and Ecto 1a / 1b an entirely different vehicle?

Or are they effectively retconning GB2 and the videogame - which is a shame as they were supposed to be canon.

Archived