WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking since that one AOP member is away due to injury, and since I really want EC3 & Drake to reunite so bad, the healthy AOP member would make one heck of a bodyguard. Let's do it.

The US title meant something just a while ago, when both Rusev and Shinsuke had it.

I don't know why they do these bullshit cooldown reigns with performers that no one cares about. You can't help but view it as an intentional sabotage to bring the prestige of the belt down a notch. No disrespect to a hard worker like R-Truth. But, in no sense is he benefiting the US title right now.

The US title meant something just a while ago, when both Rusev and Shinsuke had it.

I don't know why they do these bullshit cooldown reigns with performers that no one cares about. You can't help but view it as an intentional sabotage to bring the prestige of the belt down a notch. No disrespect to a hard worker like R-Truth. But, in no sense is he benefiting the US title right now.

Couldn't agree more. Back in WCW, the US Title meant "this guy is a star on the rise." It was used a way to fully establish a guy into a credible star. It was a way to provide a platform for a potential World Champion. With all due respect to R-Truth, he shouldn't be in possesion of that title. Guys like Almas, Ali, or Joe should be holding it.

Basically, the midcard belts are there for the guys who put in a ton of work...but, can't be squeezed into the main picture for one reason or another. It's supposed to be for top-talents who you want to keep from walking away, so, you say "here's a mid-card belt, we know you're valuable...we just can't use you right now."

And again...Truth is not useless as a talent. But, he could walk away from WWE tomorrow, and he wouldn't be a huge loss. So, yeah...guys like Samoa Joe, Almas, Shinsuke, Rusev, etc. are the ones you want with an IC or US belt...because, if they walked away, it would be a fairly large problem.

Personally, I also suspect that the Truth situation has to do with it being February as well...since WWE is shameless about their cheap plugs of black history month and their empty pushes that go along with it.

I love em but...nah lol

Personally for me, maybe the Jeri-KO feud. Though I blame the KO-AJ feud shitting the bed afterwards for the US title booking since then.

R-Truth could benefit the U.S. title of they actually booked him to show up

Actually considering how they're doing Asuka... Nvm

I can't believe how they're treating Asuka. It's ridiculous.

Regarding Truth, I wish they would let him defend it against someone like Almas. Then, Almas could defend it against Rey or Ali.

R-Truth could benefit the U.S. title of they actually booked him to show up

Actually considering how they're doing Asuka... Nvm

I'm not even a huge fan of Asuka or anything, but I still hate how they're booking her.

SHE'S THE CHAMP FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

Yeah. That last loss to Mandy was a huge fumble. Not because she lost, but because of some bullshit distraction and the pin didn't seem believable at all. As you said Paper, if you're gonna do a screwy finish then do it in the other dozen ways that make sense and look believable.

Far be it for me to tell you what to do Bushy, but might be worth getting food on the way? You can survive 3 hours in there without food right?

Yeah I can definitely do that lol. Im just a sucker for arena food honestly :lol:

Sometimes I do run late though. I live an hour away from the city.

Hahaha.

For real, though...Braun was worth watching on his own.

He's just been intentionally sabotaged like many others. Too many times when he should have won the Universal title and didn't...that's why people don't give a shit anymore. Not to mention, being sent out there and slaughtered on the mic for whatever the *Censored* reason that was. I feel like WWE loves to do that with their potential rising stars. You'd think protecting them from pitfalls would be a priority...but, they love to put people like Braun or Asuka in bloody water and watch them squirm. Shit is annoying af. There's a difference between being "tested" and being set up to fail. I think Vince needs to learn that shit.

honestly...outside of Reigns, only things that have been worth watching were his matches with Big Show and maybe some of the segments with Elias. Braun genuinely could leave tomorrow and it wouldnt make a bit of difference except maybe giving other people time. it sucks to say because i wanted to see good things for him a couple years ago but now he isnt needed anymore and i dont care. same with Corbin. i just want them to go away.

I just don't understand why Braun didn't win the title after Roman had to relinquish it. How could they think that was a good choice, when they knew people were already bored of Lesnar in the worst way? There was a number of times that Braun could've/should've won it before then, but that's gotta be the time that really hurt him the worst.

Archived