Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,334 posts
  • Gamertag: triset908
  • SEN (PS3): triset908
  • Steam ID: triset908
  • Twitter: trisetmaster908

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:30 AM

Car battery died, had to call my friend to come jump me off. Didnt work, called tow truck guy, said on the way, car cranked up, friend said turn it off I see sparks and it's making a grinding noise, guy got here and towed it to an auto repair, wont be open till Monday, $100 to move it less than 2 miles. Ugh! Had to pay my friend gas money to take me home

Edited by TheTRIsetMaster908, 16 February 2019 - 04:31 AM.

#122 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 88,068 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:04 PM

Got...maybe three hours of sleep today. Gonna be a looooong one. 

#123 MikeM

MikeM

Big Daddy

• Members
  • 7,652 posts
  • Gamertag: DaShowstoppa24
  • SEN (PS3): (PSN) BigDaddyMM24

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:20 PM

This illness thing I came down with on Monday decided to turn into a full blown cold on Friday, so now I'm looking at another day off work tomorrow most likely (As my boss has said in no uncertain terms "not to come back until I'm completely better")  - then I'm off on Friday till 4th March anyway. Plus the house move is ramping up, my little daughter effectively has already moved out (she's at my Mum in law's likely until we move on 23rd). So I won't see her for the best part of a week either.

And now the Sky website is playing silly buggers so I can't arrange a switch for the first week at the new place (apparently it's two weeks notice anyway)

So yeah, first world problems granted - but  :censored:  sake.

#124 Counting Lights

Counting Lights

Life Finds A Way

• Members
  • 17,897 posts
  • Gamertag: None
  • SEN (PS3): GreendaleDragonS
  • Twitter: @TheeJakubDulak

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:56 AM

Had to put down my cat of 19 years today. She was really weak, dealing with heart disease, wasn't eating or drinking and couldn't even walk. It was heartbreaking and I broke down for a moment, but it's good knowing she's not struggling anymore.

#125 TheTRIsetMaster908

TheTRIsetMaster908

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:19 AM

Some basterd last night knocked on my door, ran off before I got to the door and left 3 dogs at my porch. See I LOVE dogs and I cant take care of 3 more, and 1 is a big Male and the other 2 are Female puppies and I think they are labs, idk what the Male is. The Male had a shock collar on him and I cut it off. I'm trying to see if they were stolen if not find a good home for them. They are VERY beautiful dogs. Especially the labs. Wish I could take them, but I have a Chihuahua and a miniature pincher. I can handle small dogs, not big ones

#126 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,053 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:27 AM

Doesn't your state have adoption centers or shelters? 

#127 TheTRIsetMaster908

TheTRIsetMaster908

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:09 AM

I've got 2 to a shelter now, getting the bigger one tomorrow, was first trying to see if they were stolen

Edited by TheTRIsetMaster908, 20 February 2019 - 01:09 AM.

#128 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

Park Ranger William!

• Members
  • 4,498 posts
  • SEN (PS3): N3GAT1VE_CR33P
  • Steam ID: NegativeCreep
  • Twitter: @N3gativeCr33p

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:59 PM

More snow is falling this morning... seems like it will never end.

#129 WNX

WNX

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,263 posts
  • Gamertag: WebbanationX
  • SEN (PS3): WebbanationX

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

Well my cat isn't dead (RIP Counting Lights kitty) but one of the two I have just got neutered and he's been doing that scooting sheeit leaving blood trails all over the floor. Wound seems to be doing better today, cone of shaming him works for changing his whole demeanor so it helped with the scooting and the licking both

This is all amidst a mouse outbreak in the place. I've caught 5 in about 5-6 days. Well it's more like 3 and a half. They tired the first one to where I could trap it and take it out but he ran off wounded so my boys prolly *censored*ed him up good. Second one they gave me Intel on and I caught it myself, initially alive but the bitch bit me so I murdered his ass. Third one was killed by the already neutered cat the morning of the other's surgery. And last night I caught the one running in my room in a glue trap and checked one of the snappers under the stove and got the 5th.

I'm still doing most of the work it seems and it sucks I dont have many places to put the cats so I cant effectively lay traps cause they get into everything. Last place I was in I put a glue trap in a cabinet and Frisky (already neutered one) got to it and woke me up slapping it against a chair to get it off with Figaro staring at him like "Wtf is wrong with you?"

Post surgery, Frisk is being a dick to Figgy, hissing every time he sees him, which causes them both to run when i scold him for it, which leads to me losing my hunter as Frisk goes to hide for like 2 hours before the process repeats.

Stack that on top of the worse sleep I've had in this place since I moved in. I'm not pleased

#130 Counting Lights

Counting Lights

Life Finds A Way

• Members
  • 17,897 posts
  • Gamertag: None
  • SEN (PS3): GreendaleDragonS
  • Twitter: @TheeJakubDulak

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

Bi-annual reviews the other day. Didn't get a raise and one of the "examples" they listed for why happened during my second day of work, 7 months ago. The other complaints came from when I was scheduled to work sections they knew played to my weaknesses and I told them during the early "what do you want/don't want to work" meeting I sucked at. Talked with some co-workers, apparently the feedback I got was almost the exact same as several others who still got raise. Always heard the boss played favorites, guess it bit me in the ass this time around.

#131 ANTI-

ANTI-

Legend

• Members
  • 6,926 posts
  • Twitter: anti_caws

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:12 PM

I'm 31 years old, I'm very tired, and I'm letting everyone down. I joke around alot....I've been on the forums and laughed and cried and got super angry or super excited with all of you for years and years. I don't know what the perception of me is....I'm surprised if anyone thinks of me at all, and more surprised if anyone actually likes me...in this community and in life. I've suffered from depression ever since I was a child, so my outlook on the world around me has always been a little different than I ever wanted it to be. Had my first encounter with suicidal thoughts around age 13, and even then, it wasn't until my late 20's that it really got to a point where I was like "Holy shit, I see why this shit kills people.." It's bad...really bad...I can hardly focus on anything aside from when I'm at work...I get bouts of paranoia and worry all the time...I can't maintain any sort of relationships, even with my family, and I haven't in years, because all I can do after most work days (and after going to the gym and being around people, in general), is just go home and go to my room and stay there and be completely alone for as long as possible. That's why caw making is a good thing for someone like me.....it's the one thing I am kind of good at and can just sit in my room alone and do to escape the reality of what my life is. I'm at an age where I can't really escape anymore, and so I am thinking of riding off into the sunset, caw-wise, in the next year or two. I need to work on myself but I don't know how to, and it feels like it's just too late, and I just don't have the energy. I can't even afford the health insurance necessary to try to treat some of this shit, and yet I make too much for welfare to help out. It's a hell of a purgatory of mental illness I'm in.

I live with my dad. He's getting up there in age, and retiring in another like 2 or 3 years. My mother lives in Tampa, Florida. It's tough living with my father and watching him age and his health gradually going bad and feeling like there's nothing I can do to help him or stop these things, because he doesn't want to take care of himself. Things like doing our laundry and having to run all his stuff separately and with a bunch of vinegar because all his pants reek of urine. I think he's developed a drug habit on top of all this. Glamorous stuff. I feel so responsible for everything....like maybe if they had adopted another child, that child would've had a normal life and my parents would never feel like they wasted their years of parenting and who knows....maybe they'd even still be together today. Nevertheless, I pay alot of the bills around the house. I feel so trapped, like I know they want what's best for me and they worry about me alot. As an only [adopted] child, there's so much pressure on me to be somebody, to be everything for everybody. I want to one day be a kind of person they can be proud of, and not just say they're proud of without really, truly meaning it. But I don't know what it takes to get there or if I have anything it takes anymore.

Ever since my mother moved out to the Tampa, Florida area, she's been a hospice nurse. One day, few years ago, she texts me asking if I knew a wrestler who was named Samoa Joe. I said "Yeah, of course". He hadn't signed with WWE yet. Turns out she was taking care of his father for about a week. His mother asked my mother if she had any children who watched wrestling and that was that. My mom got an autographed poster to give to me too, but I never got it. lol. Anyway, I hope he knows just how effing proud his parents were of him. They were so proud to talk about him and how great he was and all his accomplishments. But, most importantly to the subject matter, patients aren't always the nicest. Especially Florida being the South, my mom has run-ins with a lot of mean and racist people who shout all kinds of things at her, and the job is tough enough as is. They were very nice and kind to my mother, and so, not like he needs my help, but if Joe and I are ever in a bar or something together and anyone tries to start shit with him, I'm taking the first swing. lol. I'll never forget that, and I strive everyday to somehow one day make my parents as proud of me as his parents were of him. I think his father would unfortunately pass away about a month or two later, just before Joe ended up debuting in NXT. But yeah, when you're a 31 year old dishwasher with a GED who didn't officially come out about his depression to his parents until he was 30 and the depression was very severe, it's a bit of an uphill battle, to say the least. Feels like just about the only positive thing they can say about me is I'm not a criminal or drug addict. And that's a one-time journey into my life and times..

Edited by ANTI-, 21 February 2019 - 11:33 PM.

#132 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,053 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:10 AM

But if you're not happy where you are, why not work to do better? 

#133 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 88,068 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:36 AM

ANTI, You're doing fine brother. Message me on this forum, or message me and request an email-correspondence. I've got energy to lend. Send as much or as little info as you want. I'm here, brother. If you need me, I will be here. I'm just a dude, but my word is my bond. You aren't letting anyone down. If you care to the degree that you claim to care, then you are are trying your damnedest...and it's impossible to let people down when you are trying that *censored*ing hard. 

Edited by Generations, 22 February 2019 - 03:44 AM.

#134 King RyderFan

King RyderFan

Live and let live!

• Members
  • 21,065 posts
  • Gamertag: Fight another fight for another day
  • SEN (PS3): Everything is changed but they should remain
  • Steam ID: I'm fighting until my fists stop feeling, my heart stops beating
  • Twitter: @Rated_CHZRFan

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

Listen ANTI,

I've seen you round the 2K section in the past, and as someone whose parents are starting to age, I can relate to you a little. You hope everything you do will get them back to their old selves, but it doesn't, and what are able to do never feels like enough. But what you are doing IS helping them, and never let anyone tell you otherwise. I am sure both your parents appreciate everything you do. Like Generations, if you need anywhere to vent, my PM inbox is always open to you should you need to vent somewhere. :)

#135 legendkilla5150

legendkilla5150
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • SEN (PS3): RisingSun400
  • Twitter: @LiLdEmOnDoG_

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:09 PM

I have detention for 1 hour and 15 minutes and it's my birthday 🖕🖕 smfh

#136 WNX

WNX

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,263 posts
  • Gamertag: WebbanationX
  • SEN (PS3): WebbanationX

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:38 PM

Don't do sheeit that leads to detention on your birthday. Problem solved. Happy Birthday, baddie

Anti, I don't have the words this time man and the few I do have are repeats. Like the boys said though, reach out if you need to. We're a community and we look out for each other. Hopefully we can ease your mind if only a little

You know what I will say this though. This doesn't work for everybody cuz it's easier said than done kind of like M3J's comment about striving to do better. In theory it's easy, that's all it should take but it's really not that easy for everyone to just hop up and be like "I'ma do better!" and then actually follow through

Have you ever sat down and talked to your dad, like really talk to him. Lay it on him deep and hard, pause. Everything you told us just now about watching him slip away because he's unwilling to take care of himself, about your concerns surrounding your parents perception of you, and everything else under the moon he's willing to listen to. It might end up changing both your perspectives as well as change your lives *shrugs* wishful thinking maybe, but nobody should have to have that weight on their shoulders, the fear that your parents might not see you as good enough or as a "waste of parenting" I think is how you put it. Talk to your mom too. Get all sides' opinions and thoughts. Mine is that there's a reason you're still here and if your dad let himself go that much, you're the reason why HE'S still here. Let him know you're fighting from him because sometimes it's the simple sheeit right in front of your face that you're blinded to

Edited by WNX, 22 February 2019 - 05:56 PM.

#137 Generations

Generations

El Ídolo

• Members
  • 88,068 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:47 PM

I don't know why this post brightened my day so much. But, for some reason, it has.

Maybe it's the childlike innocence of flipping off detention. Maybe it's still caring about birthdays. Maybe it's the arbitrary time of 1 hour and 15 minutes, rather than just an hour. Not sure...:lol:

#138 Monkey D. Jiggy

Monkey D. Jiggy

Kurosaki Ichigo

• Members
  • 24,243 posts
  • Twitter: @Jackel_Ramzilla

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:44 PM

ANTI, for what it's worth, I think you deserve praise for taking care of your father and in general being so appreciative and concerned with your parents. I get the vibe of a sense of guilt, but like Gen said, it shows that you care. Based on one post, you seem like good people and things might've not went the way you'd have liked thus far, but I'd imagine simply being a good person could also make your parents happier than you might realize.

#139 legendkilla5150

legendkilla5150
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • SEN (PS3): RisingSun400
  • Twitter: @LiLdEmOnDoG_

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:59 AM

Well the thing is detention was cancelled last week and at that time I had only 1 hour of detention but I got 15 minutes more because I was late to class because I had to go to the *censored*ing restroom and my science teacher doesn't let people go so I was late for listening to my body. I would have skipped if I just had only 15 minutes for sure though.

#140 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,053 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:25 AM

Don't do sheeit that leads to detention on your birthday. Problem solved. Happy Birthday, baddie

Anti, I don't have the words this time man and the few I do have are repeats. Like the boys said though, reach out if you need to. We're a community and we look out for each other. Hopefully we can ease your mind if only a little

You know what I will say this though. This doesn't work for everybody cuz it's easier said than done kind of like M3J's comment about striving to do better. In theory it's easy, that's all it should take but it's really not that easy for everyone to just hop up and be like "I'ma do better!" and then actually follow through

Have you ever sat down and talked to your dad, like really talk to him. Lay it on him deep and hard, pause. Everything you told us just now about watching him slip away because he's unwilling to take care of himself, about your concerns surrounding your parents perception of you, and everything else under the moon he's willing to listen to. It might end up changing both your perspectives as well as change your lives *shrugs* wishful thinking maybe, but nobody should have to have that weight on their shoulders, the fear that your parents might not see you as good enough or as a "waste of parenting" I think is how you put it. Talk to your mom too. Get all sides' opinions and thoughts. Mine is that there's a reason you're still here and if your dad let himself go that much, you're the reason why HE'S still here. Let him know you're fighting from him because sometimes it's the simple sheeit right in front of your face that you're blinded to

I phrased it as a question because there could be reasons why he can't do better, and I didn't want him to think it was his fault or that I was blaming him.

As mentioned Anti, you're doing as much as you can, and that's all anyone can ask of you. I'm merely wondering if you can apply to other jobs or get your degree or something to help you get better paying jobs.