Mean Gene Tribute

PasseGaming

I know Hogan isn't particularly on everyone's good side these days an I completely understand that, but it was a really nice tribute by the WWE and Hogan to one of the best. It was surprisingly classy and heart-felt. A good way to make your return by honoring a good friend.

I'm gonna take a wild guess that this is a RAW spoiler?

I wouldn't say it's a spoiler, it was advertised. I don't typically watch wrestling these days and I bumped into it on facebook a few days ago.

As for the rest of you. That's fine and well how you feel about him. I don't agree with it but that's not really important. I'm just happy that he made it about "Mean" Gene and not himself.

I don't think people not making other People's death about themselves is praiseworthy

That's a completely fair observation. Normally one wouldn't... Then again, this is wrestling and they've done it before.

Either way, I was just remarking that it was a really nice tribute and I'm glad it was Hogan giving it. For some, like myself, the two played a large role in our childhoods. Very distinct memories of the fantastic promos that only Gene could get out of the wrestlers. Regardless of their skill with the mic. It was his gift. An those two had some of the best material with one another.

I don't think people not making other People's death about themselves is praiseworthy

So if someone is an known for being an egotistical prick and surprisingly remains humble for once, they should not receive credit for it?
God no.

Unless you praise other people for normal behaviour aswell.

Good on Hogan coming out and doing a touching tribute to a guy who he considered to be a good friend. Cool... but are people going to actually use this as an excuse to look past his bullshit? Come on, lol.

Who says we have to? I didn't see anything that suggested Hogan would be around long-term. It was a one-time gig. He might be back for WM, and he might be in 2K20...but, it's not like WWE said "Hogan is back on a weekly basis, give him a big round of applause".

I do wonder, though...did Hogan get paid for that appearance. On a deeper level of moral philosophy, I wouldn't want to be paid if I was appearing to pay tribute to my deceased friend. If he accepted a payday, that could speak of his priorities right there, tbh.

Good on Hogan coming out and doing a touching tribute to a guy who he considered to be a good friend. Cool... but are people going to actually use this as an excuse to look past his bullshit? Come on, lol.

No but theres no point in beating a dead horse for like the 2 or 3 times he shows up. Just let him do his segment and then we move on

Is anyone doing that or? Should everyone end their comment with "still a racist tho"?

With someone as famous as Hogan...it's almost like forgiving a family member. We all grew up with Hogan. You don't need to sacrifice your own moral code in order to say "yeah...I can let this go". In the back of your mind, you'll always say "I can't believe he's that kind of person"...but it doesn't need to be a discussion that you have every time you see the man. Like, if your brother did something super shitty...time passed, and you make amends. You'll always think about that thing, but you aren't going to hold it over that person when you see them. It's just a thing that's there. Hogan is Hogan. He didn't kill anyone or rape anyone, or do anything that directly brought forth any sort of tragedy...he just acted like an asshole. You can give him credit where credit is due, and still think he's an asshole in the back of your mind. That's fine.

I think most have moved past it. There was a lot of people cheering him, and most of them were of different color. I guess it's one of those "Forgive, but never forget" situations.

Could be, or it could be that they were cheering because of Mean Gene as he was paying tribute to him.

I think most have moved past it. There was a lot of people cheering him, and most of them were of different color. I guess it's one of those "Forgive, but never forget" situations.

Could be, or it could be that they were cheering because of Mean Gene as he was paying tribute to him.

That could be it too. I think people were able to put that aside for a moment in honor of Mean Gene. Some moments can change the way you feel about a person. It's letting bygones be bygones.

I don't know why people are making this about Hogan. He wasn't trying to put the spotlight on himself, he was just paying tribute to Gene Okerlund. Sure he said racist shit, and nobody's obligated to forget about/ forgive him for that. But this segment was for Mean Gene, not Hogan. Why do people have to bring Hogan's personal misgivings up, like " man, *Censored* Hogan, he's a *censored*ing bitch ass mother*censored*ing piece of *censored*ing shit, and I *censored*ing hope he *censored*ing rots in hell..." like geez, chill out. All he did was come out and say that he loved Mean Gene, can't you take that for what it is? Nobody's calling Hogan an angel, or anything, just saying he did a decent job paying respects to Mean Gene.

Archived