Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody remember when Jericho said he would Never wrestle anywhere outside WWE Ever again?

Never rarely means shit in wrestling. Remember when we would never see Bret Hart or Ultimate Warrior in a WWE ring ever again?

Does anybody remember when Jericho said he would Never wrestle anywhere outside WWE Ever again?

-

Times change, the wrestling world has changed in the last 5 years. Finally, WWE isnt the only option to pick if wrestlers want to make good money and names for themselves.

I really hope AEW can become as big as WWE in the future.

-

Times change, the wrestling world has changed in the last 5 years. Finally, WWE isnt the only option to pick if wrestlers want to make good money and names for themselves.

It wont, at best it becomes a well placed second company and wwe gets their act together to stay number 1.

-

It wont, at best it becomes a well placed second company and wwe gets their act together to stay number 1.

SHUDDAP ! Don't try and destroy dreams here.

That's what TNA Was for and they failed badly. I I feel your either WWE Or nothing. In the mainstream world of wrestling

Only due to poor creative and booking. You could argue TNA had a more exciting roster at one point. Had if the people making the calls were better then who knows?

You have plenty of options for niche and wacky (not assuming AEW isn't going to be wacky at times) but no real alternative aside from NJPW.

-

SHUDDAP ! Don't try and destroy dreams here.

Time changes opinions and perceptions. I think Jericho knows he has nothing more to contribute to WWE, and wants to use his name to help AEW reach an even larger platform.

Some may say Vanity, Some may say Money, it doesn't matter to me, Jericho working with AEW only makes me love him more, he's done so much for the wrestling world recently , and yes, he is getting paid as he does it, but still he is pushing into new territory and bringing about changes in wonderful ways. A Mount Rushmore of wrestling without Jericho to me would be one lacking.

I want AEW To big but I don't want it to be Mainstream,I want it to be a little niche

I really don't understand why some people want AEW to be just another indy promotion. You have plenty of those to choose from, while these guys want to actually create competition in the wrestling world, and it seems a lot of people with good minds for wrestling have faith they'll pull it off. Why would you want them to not reach that level?

AEW definitely has an uphill battle to fight, but I'm not going to make any predictions as to how things will go. Fans are getting tired of WWEs complacency and inability to use critical thinking, so perhaps a new company with a serious budget behind it could very well storm the gates, who truly knows..

That said, anyone saying it won't happen because it didn't with TNA seriously needs to stop and think about that for a second. TNA has never had the budget WWE has, and more importantly, for years upon years, TNA had this horrible habit of shooting themselves in the foot even worse than the WWE does the moment they start to pick up momentum.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if The Elite can avoid turning AEW into one big vanity project.

I want AEW To big but I don't want it to be Mainstream,I want it to be a little niche

I really don't understand why some people want AEW to be just another indy promotion. You have plenty of those to choose from, while these guys want to actually create competition in the wrestling world, and it seems a lot of people with good minds for wrestling have faith they'll pull it off. Why would you want them to not reach that level?

Exactly. I don't understand that logic, as you said, there are more than enough little niche companies, and they're called the indies.

Like why df would you not want them to reach a point where they are actual competition, which would change the landscape of pro wrestling? And thats exactly what they're aiming to do, let em' live.

Couple of interesting tweets from the WrestleVotes account:

"Texted a source regarding Omega & WWE’s offer to him. Got back 'If they don’t land him, it’s not their fault for lack of effort. They’ve done what they can'

Translation: WWE wants Omega. I’m assuming the offer is strong, especially financially. Decision is all his at this point"

"The Young Bucks were offered “AJ Styles type money” & a place for Being The Elite on the WWE Network. And that was turned down.

NOW IMAGINE what the offer was to Omega. Remarkable that it was seemingly turned down as well."

https://twitter.com/wrestlevotes/status/1081576010053808132

My theory -- or I guess hope, which is shared with some -- is that Omega shows up for a one-time appearance in the Royal Rumble then proceeds to do the AEW show signing a non-exclusive deal which leaves the door open to WWE. However, the things he's said about WWE don't make me confident he'll ultimately land there unless something changes within the company which he finds appealing. Besides, NJPW still want him with them and the prospect of continuing to build that brand internationally is what's been keeping him in Japan.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived