Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, if you could only pick 3 WWE talents, male or female to leave WWE and sign with AEW (disregarding contracts, and based solely on your personal 'what if') who would they be? Tag teams can count as one.

I'd say Samoe Joe, Gallows and Anderson, Hideo Itami.

Could have just said 4 talents if you wanted to pick that many :lol:

Apollo Crews, Roderick Strong & Io Shirai

Hear me out here guys...

What if MTV picks up AEW? They clearly had interest in doing a professional wrestling show before with WSX (such a fun show)

Now that some of the producers who turned WSX into the shitshow it was are gone, do you think MTV would consider it? They need something to get viewers back these days as well.

?

MTV is a cancer. They would want to produce it in some bogus fashion that isn't in-line with what the guys want. They are best off just doing PPVs for the beginning, and then maybe transitioning to a video-on-demand / online format. Television is honestly dead. Programs don't need to worry about "being on cable" anymore. All that comes with a cable deal is a bunch of sponsors and middle men telling you what they want out of your show. MLW is actually another great example of the cable format being unnecessary. Who actually watches MLW on tv? I know it's on tv, but I couldn't tell you which channel. I'm pretty sure most people watch it on youtube.

Hell...in my opinion, AEW would be best off if they could get a deal with Hulu or something. I would say Netflix, but Hulu tends to do weekly updates to shows instead of just uploading entire seasons. So, that would be a better format. But, yeah...cable tv ain't shit in 2019.

Amen

So, if you could only pick 3 WWE talents, male or female to leave WWE and sign with AEW (disregarding contracts, and based solely on your personal 'what if') who would they be? Tag teams can count as one.

Crews, Slater, Breezango. All VERY solid talents in their own right.

Assuming they get a proper push - Tyler Breeze, The Revival, Cesaro

Honorable mentions to Slater, Harper and Zayn

He's signed to Lucha Underground and we know how they can be with contracts lol I think on Jericho's podcast he said he isn't retired, he's just waiting for the perfect situation to come back for.

He's signed to Lucha Underground and we know how they can be with contracts lol I think on Jericho's podcast he said he isn't retired, he's just waiting for the perfect situation to come back for.

Bingo. He also mentioned he felt he left with some sort of heat in WWE, so this might just be that perfect situation he was talking about.

i agree with Gen on Hulu. that would probably be the best look.

Sure, if you only want people in the US to watch it.

* US and Japan

Besides, you could have it be on Hulu for the US, and then have some alternate deal for other countries. I'm pretty sure there are quite a few programs that work that way...I don't know, I just know that there are all sorts of blacked out programs based on where you are in the world...so I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

i agree with Gen on Hulu. that would probably be the best look.

Sure, if you only want people in the US to watch it.

* US and Japan

Besides, you could have it be on Hulu for the US, and then have some alternate deal for other countries. I'm pretty sure there are quite a few programs that work that way...I don't know, I just know that there are all sorts of blacked out programs based on where you are in the world...so I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

So long as it doesn't work the way the WWE Network does up here in Canada, i'd be cool with that.

Maybe continue to put shows online via FITE as well as having the TV deal? Not sure.

And yeah, I know Hulu is with Japan too, just didn't mention it since I don't think we have any members here currently living out in Japan. My bad.

If they were trying to pull from WWE. I would say Finn, Sasha, and DIY. Yep using the team loop hole to go for two. But if AEW does have all these benefits and good pay I would actually target Impact talent first. They have a lot of high quality talent that deserve better then Impact eternal issues.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived