Guest Fight Me.

Random, but I love Tuna Meltz. I actually got a WOR subscription after mania because I was tired of those shitty youtube clips.

But yeah..hes the best. His news, credibility and opinions are top notch. Only thing I dont like about him is hes not a very good speaker lol

So umm...okay....yeah....I mean....yeah :lol:

And BA always being mad is funny asf.

Welcome to the suffering of reading/listening to the original and see the butchered quotations in most reports :lol:

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it's all opinions. Nobody's opinions is inferior or superior over others.

Meltzer may be an insider and knows what he's talking about but what he thinks about matches doesn't mean anything.

He finds something 3 or 5 stars, that's fine. We all may agree or not. To each his/her own

Oh you need to ask Glennsoe about that because I didn't call anything a joke. I simply don't care about opinions much in general and that's why I don't read reviews for games, movies or wrestling

That's kinda risky :lol:

Meltzer's match ratings have always been iffy and shouldn't be taken seriously..

That is dumb.

Of course no one should HAVE to take them seriously, but what is the problem with enjoying his opinions on things? What difference are Meltzer's match ratings to Fight Me's posts on here? Or Jeb's or Bushy's? Just because YOU think they are iffy doesn't mean others can't take them to heart.

Nobody's opinion should be taken that serious

This is also dumb. I hope you don't ever get into any sort of political office.

I agree entirely with the statement about Meltzer's ratings not being taken seriously. It doesn't mean that the guy himself is full of shit, or doesn't know what he's talking about, or that his opinions on the quality of a match are not worth anything. It just means that he's broken his own rating system so many times that he's not reliable as a constant.

I had a big argument about it in the past.

If you establish a five star rating system...then, once you break the 5 star rating system, nothing is longer relevant to anything else. You retroactively destroy the correlation between matches you've already rated, and there's no basis for comparison.

I'm guilty of doing it myself when I rate beer on Untappd. I like most beer...so I started out rating things pretty high...and now it isn't uncommon for me to rate a lot of stuff at 4.75 or 5 just because of the standard I've already set. Even a "meh" beer, I'll rate at around a 3, just because it's beer and I like beer. The difference here, is that I can't physically change the rating system of Untappd, so I'm stuck at 5 for a max. Do I try some beer and say "man...this is much better than that other beer that I thought was worth 5 back in the day?" Yeah...I do that all the time, but, there needs to be a cutoff.

If anything, the only proper solution is to go back and change the rating that you gave to the other thing...but that's a ton of work when you rated hundreds or even thousands, or even tens or hundreds of thousands of things. I would vastly prefer if Meltzer compiled every single 5 star match he ever rated, and went back to adjust his claims. That would make his ratings worth a hell of a lot more in my book. It's fine to give things 6 or 7 stars now (just so he remembers)...but his end goal should be adjusting everything to fall in line. He should do that shit before he retires/dies/whatever.

Because we are literally on this site to debate opinions. If you say they don't matter then why even bother coming here?

I said nevermind to stop myself from carrying on. Not sure what the cheap shot what supposed to be.

It never was a 5-Star system though

Uh...yes, it was. All along, the term "5 star match" was used as the standard bearer. That meant the highest possible mark. He just broke it because he kept thinking that matches were topping the scale he already set.

It never was a 5-Star system though

Uh...yes, it was. All along, the term "5 star match" was used as the standard bearer. That meant the highest possible mark. He just broke it because he kept thinking that matches were topping the scale he already set.

Until Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid the highest he ever gave was 4 Stars. He never set a limit. The "5 Star" System established itself in the minds of some people over time. It never had a set maximum or minimum. And if he thinks one match is better than anything else he has ever seen... What is he supposed to do?

Meltzer's match ratings have always been iffy and shouldn't be taken seriously..

Why should his opinion not be taken seriously?

What stupid saying is that?

Not to start something but it common knowledge that some of "his" match ratings are from others either in attendants at the shows or something someone has written to him.

Anyways, a match rating is subjective and therefore shouldn't be taken "seriously"

I like Meltzer, he's like third on my list of credible rapporters.

Again, sorry if I stepped on any toes..

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived