Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The roster is looking pretty solid right now. I wonder if theyll aim for some WWE names when contracts expire. I can think of like 5 that are must-haves for me.

The roster is looking pretty solid right now. I wonder if theyll aim for some WWE names when contracts expire. I can think of like 5 that are must-haves for me.

So according to Uncle Dave, Omega is kinda holding NJPW hostage since they want to still work with ROH and Omega and the Bucks want AEW to work with NJPW. Think if NJPW decides to work with AEW Omega signs back with NJPW. Also if Omega leaves Ibishi might go back to being freelance, said things are changing by the minute.

NJPW had no idea that Omega was leaving till that interview came out.

Yeah, they obviously haven't announced every single person who they're going to be utilizing. They announced the big names because they need to show people that they have big names. The rest will follow. I'm definitely interested in the Chinese kids. I have no idea who they are.

i get why they announced the big names, im just saying i hope its not mostly the big names vs big names, at least not the whole time. im excited to see how they go about building new stars like the Chinese guys.

also, seeing MJF made me realize i would be okay with this just being MLW with bigger venues and more expensive production.

I actually worry that this could harm companies like MLW. Which is ironic, given that these are the same guys who go around saying that WWE is a menace to the wrestling world. If they start signing names like Pentagon, Teddy Hart, and Pillman Jr, then MLW won't last very long.

Also, I'd like to see Suzuki leave NJPW and join AEW. He's a good example of a guy who I always see wasted in NJPW. Like...every time I see him, he gets pinned in some bullshit way and then throws some chairs around and leaves. He should be booked much better than that.

oh yeah damn thats true. this really isnt an indy promotion and theyre signing people real deal exclusive contracts. i guess i dont fear TOO much for MLW. they look like a big deal even if they arent, and i think the more they present themselves that way the better off theyll be. shit i say they do the same thing and start locking some guys down.

Hear me out here guys...

What if MTV picks up AEW? They clearly had interest in doing a professional wrestling show before with WSX (such a fun show)

Now that some of the producers who turned WSX into the shitshow it was are gone, do you think MTV would consider it? They need something to get viewers back these days as well.

i wouldnt be opposed to it because that would make it easier to access but i dont see it happening. at best they would have a shot at MTV2 (which would still be pretty good because their lineup is abysmal) but no way they get the main channel.

MTV is a cancer. They would want to produce it in some bogus fashion that isn't in-line with what the guys want. They are best off just doing PPVs for the beginning, and then maybe transitioning to a video-on-demand / online format. Television is honestly dead. Programs don't need to worry about "being on cable" anymore. All that comes with a cable deal is a bunch of sponsors and middle men telling you what they want out of your show. MLW is actually another great example of the cable format being unnecessary. Who actually watches MLW on tv? I know it's on tv, but I couldn't tell you which channel. I'm pretty sure most people watch it on youtube.

Hell...in my opinion, AEW would be best off if they could get a deal with Hulu or something. I would say Netflix, but Hulu tends to do weekly updates to shows instead of just uploading entire seasons. So, that would be a better format. But, yeah...cable tv ain't shit in 2019.

Any word on when Double Or Nothing will take place? Hopefully they get a good tv deal or at least streaming service with decent presentation. One of the worst things about typically trying to watch ROHs stuff for me is that their audio tends to be shite.

Read title. ?

And yeah, the health care benefits will be for full-time performers.

---

Regardless, still a huge plus!

I dont think WWE provide health care, do they?

Not officially, but there has been very solid evidence that Vince takes care of his guys (and girls) when they need it, even so far as paying for alumni's rehab.

i would like to see some new faces though. more people i havent seen or heard of. im not crazy about the roster simply because i see all these guys all the time.

If you watch a bunch of indy wrestling, or have the time to do so, then I see why you might feel that. However, this looks like it's trying to be the end-all-be-all for non-WWE wrestlers, snagging as many big names as possible, which is awesome for someone like me who has neither the time (nor, frankly, the willpower) to watch however many other promotions to see all the talent I may enjoy.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived