Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the new event later this month Fyter Fest I believe, it will be steamed live?

Last year it was free on YouTube/Twitch when Kenny held the event with NJPW. I hope it is this year too, but I think I did year it will be available through B/R Live. Either way, yeah it will be streamed live lol

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3I3CYybkbFEWhzT_AzQrZDC3udiJni_H

Here's a playlist of matches from last year's event for anyone that wants to check it out. Kenny put a heck of a card together.

*Censored* Dave Meltzer tbh.

Why the hate for him?

Yes. Yes you can.

As soon as you find something better than the best thing ever you have to somehown signal that.

Seriously. You're using your own rating system to criticize the one from someone else.

None of the other ratings that Meltzer gave were invalidated by going beyond the 4 and then the 5 Star point. Contrary to many other match ratings when Dave Meltzer gives a match 4 Stars it's still a fantastic match and anything above is usually one of the best matches he has ever seen.

The only reason why he ever went to 6 and then to 7 stars was to accurately express his feelings towards the match. He talked about it. Alot. He initially didn't know what to rate it, because he considered it the very best match he has ever reviewed, with only Misawa vs. Kawada coming close. Ergo he went beyond the 5 Star range. The Star rating is nothing official. Nothing sacred. Just his way to express his opinion on the match with a bunch of numbers. If you want his actual opinion on the match just listen to him reviewing it and you will never hear how many stars he gave the match, if that makes you sleep better at night.

Also odd timing with this post... today is the 25th anniversary of that match. Gonna watch it for the first time today since it was brought it up.

MJF should be the first champion.

Nah. Not at all.

Jericho is 100% the right choice.

MJF is a rising star. That much can't be denied. But, he's not the guy that you want a new audience to be tuning into for the first time. I forget who said it...(I think it might have actually been Jericho when he was talking to Dean)...but, you want those guys who casual fans know...so they can be flipping channels and see a guy that they are familiar with, and say "What's this?" Chris Jericho is that guy. If you're flipping channels and you see Chris Jericho walking down the ramp with the AEW title on his shoulder, you're going to say "Hey now...this looks pretty legit."

MJF should be the first champion.

Nah. Not at all.

Jericho is 100% the right choice.

MJF is a rising star. That much can't be denied. But, he's not the guy that you want a new audience to be tuning into for the first time. I forget who said it...(I think it might have actually been Jericho when he was talking to Dean)...but, you want those guys who casual fans know...so they can be flipping channels and see a guy that they are familiar with, and say "What's this?" Chris Jericho is that guy. If you're flipping channels and you see Chris Jericho walking down the ramp with the AEW title on his shoulder, you're going to say "Hey now...this looks pretty legit."

Didn't work in 10 years for TNA.

Well MJF aint in the match so of course it wont happen, but I'd have liked him as the inaugural champ in another world. It's all hyperbole.

Hangman is my actual choice.

Kinda missing the point with this statement...

People literally only tuned to TNA because they would see people they knew. It definitely brought them views, but they still ended up flopping because of lack of exposure and some poor business decisions. You can't sit here and deny that people tuned to TNA when they had guys like RVD, Booker T, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Christian, etc. That was definitely their hottest period. Like...how could you argue that it wasn't? The product might have been better before and after that period, but the actual buzz surrounding the brand was hottest then.

People literally only tuned to TNA because they would see people they knew. It definitely brought them views, but they still ended up flopping because of lack of exposure and some poor business decisions. You can't sit here and deny that people didn't tune to TNA when they had guys like RVD, Booker T, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Christian, etc. That was definitely their hottest period.

And when they added Hulk Hogan to that cast, NXT Season 1 beat them in ratings

People literally only tuned to TNA because they would see people they knew. It definitely brought them views, but they still ended up flopping because of lack of exposure and some poor business decisions. You can't sit here and deny that people didn't tune to TNA when they had guys like RVD, Booker T, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Christian, etc. That was definitely their hottest period.

And when they added Hulk Hogan to that cast, NXT Season 1 beat them in ratings

So *censored*ing what?

That's completely missing what I'm saying. It's about introducing people to a NEW product. TNA was not new at that point...it had become familiar to everyone as a brand that was bringing in old timers and failing to evolve. I'm talking about preliminary introductions to something...you can take the belt off Jericho and give it to a newer guy shortly after...but you want Chris for that introductory buzz.

TNA kept using that excuse for a long time.

It's really not necessary to put the title on Jericho first, although I wouldn't be against it.

Only if you're specifically targeting the WWEJericho fanbase

Only if you're specifically targeting the WWEJericho fanbase

If you're a pro wrestling fan and you don't know/like/appreciate Chris Jericho...there's something wrong with you. There is no such thing as "The WWEJericho fanbase". That's stupid. Jericho isn't even a "WWE guy"...no one thinks of him like that. He was ECW, WCW, Japan, he spent a lot of time in WWE, but he was never one to fly their banner as his own...and now he keeps doing that. Chris Jericho is pro wrestling. Period.

Ya'll keep sleeping on Hangman smh.

Not sleeping on him, but more or less seeing how good MJF is gonna be. In a short time he went from some dude i saw on Wrestlepro shows to someone who despite being really good and on the indies, legitimately gets heat everywhere he goes. The dude got two of the biggest heel pops on any of the maina weekend shows this year. Hes money.

Forgot to say Im not digging Spears new look either. I cant blame him for wanting to try something new, but I dont like the Mohawk thing or the tats. He actually looked different in NXT.

The tat us actually well done, it just makes him look like generic wrestler with 2006 name number 542 lol

I think Spears' new look is counterintuitive. He always called himself the perfect ten, which could be taken to mean perfect as a total package...both in-ring, and visually. And you just don't think of people with mohawks, tattoos, and colored contact lenses to be "perfect". I'm not saying there's anything wrong with any of that. I've had mohawks before...and I still have tattoos. I'm just saying...I feel like there's a complete disconnect from what he says and how he looks. Of course, he's in a new company and he's trying new things. I can't remember...did they announce him with the perfect 10 gimmick, or did he even try to use it at DoN? If not, I guess it doesn't really matter...but, if he's still going for the perfect 10 gimmick, I think that might be what's throwing me off personally.

Yeah, he's still doing the gimmick. He's been going as "PERFECT10N" Shawn Spears, but I guess they didn't know that since they straight up called him the Perfect 10 lol

Apparently he hasn't been signed yet. Surprising considering how close he and Cody are, but perhaps he wants to do more on the indies first or focus on the wrestling school he's opening up with Breeze.

Yeah...looks like bunch of guys haven't signed yet. Which, I'm 100% cool with. I do think Spears is one of the few who should. But, I'm happy that a bunch of the others haven't. At least, that's the way it looks if you browse the official roster page on AEW.com.

I heard Jim Cornette's rant commentary about DoN, and he wasn't entirely wrong in some areas. For one thing...the guy with no legs. I get the idea of giving him a lucky break. But, I also agree with Cornette that he shouldn't be there (shoot me, idc)...it's true. And it isn't even like they're making some big statement towards WWE about allowing him to be there, because WWE has done similar things with Zach Gowen, Hornswoggle...and even James Ellsworth to an extent. James wasn't handicapped...but, he might as well have been. Lol.

Anyway, the battle royal was a fun one-off for a lot of those guys...but, some of them need to leave it there. Pretty much the ones that Cornette called out by name. I would be more than happy to never see Marko Stunt, Sunny Daze, or Dustin Thomas in AEW after DoN. Oh...and don't get me started on Brandon Cutler...but, who knows...maybe he'll develop into somebody in due time. Right now, he's literally a dude off the street.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived