Can we make not begging for created content in the WWE games a rule please?

King RyderFan

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/480467-ryeestheconartist/

After reading Ryee's CAW topic at the above link, can we make it so constantly begging for created content, not just CAWs, but movesets, entrances, arenas, belts, etc. in the games is a warnable if not bannable offense? As said in that topic, it is borderline harassment. While I have never done creating to the extent of some people, (mostly because I am not that talented) I can only imagine how bad some people get it. These people upload great content for us to enjoy off their backs, no paycheck or anything. They do not deserve to be harassed by some ungrateful person who does not even bother to say "thank you". Personally, I think randomly PMing someone asking them to do any creation for you should be a straight warn at the minimum. Random PMs advertising your work are banned so why not the other way? If the mods could make it a rule if it isn't already I am sure our great content creators would really appreciate it.

I mean, I just caught up on the situation on Reddit and I'm not sure Caws should allow someone to promote these caws considering it's illegal to sell them the way he is doing so...

pretty much any post on their is condemning him for breaking the law, but from what I can see, members here are supporting him

That's not good IMO, he's breaking the law. he agreed to the terms of service when starting the game and if he promotes that shit on here, then that's bad for the site

Wait what? can someone break down the situation for me?

Do i get that right that some pay money so that someone makes caws in the wwe games?

That would be on so many levels be wrong, not only from those who are willing to pay, also those who would take the money imo.

Caw making should be done out of fun and not some obligation or for money.

Personally i never liked this "begging" constantly for someone to make this or that Caw, moveset or so...unless this person is open for requests.

There are a lot who have certain plans to create stuff and if they dont want to make this or that then its pointless to beg or harrass the people for it.

What has just happened to the caw scene? When have people become so weird that they would actually pay money for a created character in a video game or when have they became so messed up to charge people?

There is all kinds of mess going on in the caw community...wow.

Wait what? can someone break down the situation for me?

Do i get that right that some pay money so that someone makes caws in the wwe games?

That would be on so many levels be wrong, not only from those who are willing to pay, also those who would take the money imo.

Caw making should be done out of fun and not some obligation or for money.

Personally i never liked this "begging" constantly for someone to make this or that Caw, moveset or so...unless this person is open for requests.

There are a lot who have certain plans to create stuff and if they dont want to make this or that then its pointless to beg or harrass the people for it.

What has just happened to the caw scene? When have people become so weird that they would actually pay money for a created character in a video game or when have they became so messed up to charge people?

There is all kinds of mess going on in the caw community...wow.

From what I read on Reddit, he would take a payment of $50-$100 and then would make like, a secret code to upload the caw for like, 5 mins, and then delete it once the other guy DLed the caw

any caw listed as "exclusive" on his Insta page is this. where people message him and then he'll sell you it for $50. theres not many that aren't listed as "exclusive".

dude was called out for it on Reddit and that's when he got mad. people kept saying pretty much "stop selling these caws, it's illegal, make them free" and that's when he kicked off and bitched, saying people are harrassing him and stuff

...in other words, no one was actually harassing him, he got his panties in a twist when he was caught out illegally selling created wrestlers.

I've actually been in contact with 2K about it, and right now the Devs of the game itself are looking into his account and they have described it as "abusive behaviour" (this is their words). its REALLY obvious what he's been doing, so I'm not sure his account will last much longer

If I get in trouble on here for doing this, then fine I guess, but the dude is selling caws illegally, so 2K should stop it which it seems they will

These people upload great content for us to enjoy off their backs, no paycheck or anything.
...heh.
Dude was making hundreds and his since gone into damage control, deleting most of his social media posts about making money off the game. He's playing a victim game, prob to try and get support to continue selling. No one on Reddit is accepting it, and I dont want it to be accepted here either. If anything, HE should be banned

Wait, I'm totally missing something. I didn't realize anyone was SELLING creations on this site or linking to it on another. This is NOT acceptable. We don't allow selling of ANY kind on these forums. I'll look into this and take necessary steps.

Edit: Also to OP, it is against the rules if they spam request.

---------------------

Can someone link me to the reddit post so I can get a better understanding?

Wait, I'm totally missing something. I didn't realize anyone was SELLING creations on this site or linking to it on another. This is NOT acceptable. We don't allow selling of ANY kind on these forums. I'll look into this and take necessary steps.

Edit: Also to OP, it is against the rules if they spam request.

---------------------

Can someone link me to the reddit post so I can get a better understanding?

The main two Reddit posts are here:

https://old.reddit.com/r/WWEGames/comments/aab8si/looks_like_ryeedee_is_done_with_uploading_caws_to/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WWEGames/comments/a9lqoe/ryeedees_insane_wade_barrett_ps4/

but dude already admitted to selling them on caws itself here

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/480467-ryeestheconartist/?p=11101083

"And now all the people here, in twitter, in reddit, in Instagram and around the world think that I put a price for every single caw that Ive created while you ignored all caws that Ive uploaded for public on cc days, weeks and months ago. "

gee he sure is admitting he sells caws.

later posts after that post has a few members admitting they have bought caws off him, such as

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/480467-ryeestheconartist/?p=11101121

"I paid for that Willie Mack and had no problem doing it."

...also one of the posts in the last page 22 literally has a paypal link on it

Since the thread has been shut down, I'm going to allow him to stay first off. Reminder to anyone, we don't allow selling whatsoever here.

The thing I'm not really understanding is the selling aspect. From my understanding it violates TOS rules and copywrite rules? Regardless this isn't something I'd want to see in the community as it would drive people to only sell. Why not make a quick buck for all creations then? Ya know? It's bound to not end well.

Since the thread has been shut down, I'm going to allow him to stay first off. Reminder to anyone, we don't allow selling whatsoever here.

The thing I'm not really understanding is the selling aspect. From my understanding it violates TOS rules and copywrite rules? Regardless this isn't something I'd want to see in the community as it would drive people to only sell. Why not make a quick buck for all creations then? Ya know? It's bound to not end well.

None of us are lawyers, but pretty much every post is saying that he's agreed to the terms by agreeing at the start of the game, which is how he's playing the game in the first place (we all agreed to this)

since he's using copyrighted material, which includes logos as well as the face scans of the wrestlers - him selling these wrestlers he makes isn't legal because he's making money from the logos and the faces. if he was only selling created wrestlers of personal requests, say if I was to send him my face, thats fine - but clealry his most recent Wade Barrett, tagged as "exclusive" *cough* paid *cough*, he does NOT own the right to Wade's image rights, or any of Wade's logos, meaning he cannot legally sell these caws. hes making money off of what wade (And the other wrestlers) own. if 2k's investigation into him comes out, he's prob gonna have to give all this money he's made to the wrestlers themselves. EG, say he sold 5 wade barrets for $50, I'd assume ehe had to then give $250 dollars to barrett, and then some damage fees as well prob

the only reason the games can even have the feature to upload stuff is because 2K dont make money from it .there's no microtranactions, you aint gontta pay to upload stuff. if people continue to sell caws, 2K are gonna have to remove the upload/download function because then people are using it to profit

so yes, this ryde guy by admitting he's selling caws, is admitting to breaking copywrite and image rights laws, he does no own wade barrett's face lol

then again, the in game logos very likely belong to 2K anyway, so I'm not sure he can legally sell ANY caw

My two cents: The world's a different place than it was 10 years ago. Everyone and their mother has a GoFundMe, IndieGoGo, Buy me a Coffee, etc. And I'm perfectly fine with people posting said campaigns on my forums. However, we (CAWs) share no responsibility in undelivered items, be that a CAW, a comic book or a stretch master 5000.

I'm also fine with people posting their tip jars and being compensated for their hard work creating whatever content.

I won't accept threads that are solely just a catalogue of "this could be yours... For a fee", however.

None of us are lawyers, but pretty much every post is saying that he's agreed to the terms by agreeing at the start of the game, which is how he's playing the game in the first place (we all agreed to this)

since he's using copyrighted material, which includes logos as well as the face scans of the wrestlers - him selling these wrestlers he makes isn't legal because he's making money from the logos and the faces. if he was only selling created wrestlers of personal requests, say if I was to send him my face, thats fine - but clealry his most recent Wade Barrett, tagged as "exclusive" *cough* paid *cough*, he does NOT own the right to Wade's image rights, or any of Wade's logos, meaning he cannot legally sell these caws. hes making money off of what wade (And the other wrestlers) own. if 2k's investigation into him comes out, he's prob gonna have to give all this money he's made to the wrestlers themselves. EG, say he sold 5 wade barrets for $50, I'd assume ehe had to then give $250 dollars to barrett, and then some damage fees as well prob

the only reason the games can even have the feature to upload stuff is because 2K dont make money from it .there's no microtranactions, you aint gontta pay to upload stuff. if people continue to sell caws, 2K are gonna have to remove the upload/download function because then people are using it to profit

so yes, this ryde guy by admitting he's selling caws, is admitting to breaking copywrite and image rights laws, he does no own wade barrett's face lol

then again, the in game logos very likely belong to 2K anyway, so I'm not sure he can legally sell ANY caw

Aye. Adding to that...By featuring/advertising the selling thing here, with the people in charge knowing about it (I know, technically Tom Rice is still the owner) this site could easily be flagged as well. Wether that is correct or not wouldn't matter. Just the fact that CAWS.ws would be noted as one of the "CAW-selling"-sites would probably affect things like Google.

Frankly put, is this a box Caws.ws wants to open? Is this something they want to harbor as part of the community? I see this as a place of great creativity and helpful feedback. Adding money to this will not kill the community but it will stifle it, and stifling creativity on a forum whose backbone is creativity itself is troubling. Thats all I will say on the matter.

I'm not a mod but I have been here quite a long time and can of course, only give my own personal opinion and two cents on the situation.

I'm no lawyer and I don't claim to know the specifics on whether what Ryee was doing was illegal or legal or in a gray area, but as someone who comes to this place fairly often and notes that it does sometimes struggle for content as it is, I think it wouldn't be wise to take any risks if there's any doubt whatsoever.

As Warbotter put it, I'm not entirely certain this is a box we want to open. I am of course not passing any personal judgement on Ryee, he makes great work, but if there is a question whether selling caws could be considered illegal due to the usage of copyrighted images and rights to ones own face, then I wonder if we can risk even being guilty simply be association. Even if the site officially takes no responsibility, we could still take heat simply for being a place that doesn't actively stop it.

Now of course, I can't see any reason to disallow paying for custom caws that don't share the likeness of a real-world person, so long as all assets are created by the caw creator and/or client (though I would still personally never take part in that on either side) but when it comes to paying for caws of actual wrestlers or other people, well.. That could very well be Pandora's Box.

Ryee's caws were the main reason why I was tempted to get this game again for the PS4 as I already have it on the computer. I was definitely going to get 2k20 for the PS4 just to get his caws but now it seems like it might not happen. I would hate for people to charge for their work as it is something that I hate for the computer version with mods and people charging to use the programs they create and such.

I just came back and saw his thread locked so it got my attention and I read a little bit of the last page.

In my opinion what he is saying is wrong.

IF I decide to put my time in to create a caw for someone then it is my own decision, so if I say I will do this for you then it comes from the heart and I'll do it gladly for you.

Coming along then saying I need to be compensated for this and most of all for a content created with a in game editor that doesn't allow selling as also with Images ripped from wrestlier pictures (not resellable either) is not only against the law but also a huge scam.

Would I create something with a licensed Editor (Unity, 3DSmax, Torque or any other) and only with Images and models I created from Scratch OR License free stuff that clearly allow you to use them in your work, then I have the right to ask for some fee.

However, even then I have to clearly put up some rules that state that my work costs something along with the Price, delivery time among other things and post them on sites that allow you to sell your work there.

He just took advantage of the community liking his work and asked for fees in a ilegal way and that's not ok at all.

As about the begging matter: When I have clearly on the first page of my thread saying my list is full and I take no more requests, then I clearly don't want to take anymore due to the fact that I don't want the next game to come out before I finished your creations.

You want them for this game after all and not for the next one. :P

When I'm open for requests then you can freely ask and I will tell you if it's possible.

What's annoying is when People are getting respectless asking me to create their stuff first when other People are waiting for theirs for weeks or months because it's plain and simple unfair.

Most of all when I explain the Situation and said People Keep spamming my Topic with please do it or do it already among other things. Same goes with the pms I'm getting.

I just came back and saw his thread locked so it got my attention and I read a little bit of the last page.

In my opinion what he is saying is wrong.

IF I decide to put my time in to create a caw for someone then it is my own decision, so if I say I will do this for you then it comes from the heart and I'll do it gladly for you.

Coming along then saying I need to be compensated for this and most of all for a content created with a in game editor that doesn't allow selling as also with Images ripped from wrestlier pictures (not resellable either) is not only against the law but also a huge scam.

Would I create something with a licensed Editor (Unity, 3DSmax, Torque or any other) and only with Images and models I created from Scratch OR License free stuff that clearly allow you to use them in your work, then I have the right to ask for some fee.

However, even then I have to clearly put up some rules that state that my work costs something along with the Price, delivery time among other things and post them on sites that allow you to sell your work there.

He just took advantage of the community liking his work and asked for fees in a ilegal way and that's not ok at all.

One of the most passionate female CAW creators and request-takers of the game ladies and gentlemen

Archived