Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has been a big part of it, but she hasn't been THE big part of it. I'd compare it to the Wyatt/Orton angle from two years ago. People wanted Harper to be in the match because he had been a big part of their feud, but ultimately they went one on one and had Harper's part of the story wrap up in the build.

Now the difference is Harper being included probably would have led to a more exciting match, whereas here it's clear the hype is more on Becky and Ronda getting their hands on each other more so than Charlotte third wheeling, but build wise I think they're in similar roles.

Nice save WWE lmao

This match accidentally getting announced on Main Event reminds me of this one time they accidentally announced an extra competitor in MITB on that This Week in WWE show that comes on Fridays/Saturdays.

Becky/Ronda one-on-one would be great but for people to say Charlotte is being shoehorned into the match is laughable; she's very much an integral part of that story.

Not really. You can still be integral without needing to third wheel in a one on one match. Counting hit the nail on the head when he compared it to Harper in the Bray/Orton feud. Another good example would be Corbin in the Lesnar/Strowman feud. While Charlotte has been A big part of the feud, she has not been THE big part of it. Becky Vs Ronda is enough of of a big match, there is no need to add Charlotte to it. Though, if Charlotte absolutely HAS to be added, I would rather it was a tag match of Ronda/someone (hopefully Shayna) Vs Charlotte and Becky.

ehhhh. Charlotte isnt involved if Beckys face didnt break. her whole thing is she was mad about almost losing to Ronda, she really has nothing of substance against Ronda. if anything Charlotte is the final goon before the boss battle, Becky. shit you can even argue Ronda is done with Charlotte after getting her revenge at TLC. obviously she isnt but it would make sense if she was. point is, it should be Becky vs Ronda at Mania because that has equal heat coming from both sides.

Archived