You guys ever think about ending it

Ollie The Magic Bum

I've toyed around with the idea a handful of times, but I've only genuinely considered it once, during a very low, drunken moment in my life about a year ago.

I'm in a better place now, mentally (probably the best I've felt in my adult life, actually). I don't think it's something that's going to come back, unless my life takes an unforeseen turn for the worse.

^ Same here, lost my younger cousin due to suicide like two years ago. Still sucks to this day cause he wasnt showing signs of depression or other emotions similar last time we saw each other which was a year or two beforehand, I still feel like I shouldve asked more questions about school,etc and let him know Im here for advice about anything no matter what like I tell others in my life. Never crossed my mind nor familys mind that he would go out like that since he was so outgoing and full of joy I swear. Not one sign of deep sadness or anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd never ever. I feel like even if you feel down and out, you should never give up. It's far too selfish to just think about yourself alone, you have family and friends who care about you. And it hurts me to think that some people would rather be dead than alive even if you have to go through life with some difficulties. Everyone just needs to stay positive.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm going to get real here guys. Open the spoiler at your own risk.

The past few months, I've reached my lowest point. With so many factors seemingly against me, such as college, personal life, family, and my own self doubt, my depression reached its worst about a month ago when I decided to try to end it. I wrote a note, then headed off to jump off a bridge. I didn't go through with it. I walked back home, questioning myself on what had just happened. I went to my therapist and it was determined that I have Clinical Depression. Still waiting on getting a medical examination to get medication, but I still think about ending my life daily.

Man, its good to know you managed to keep yourself here and not go through with it. I hope youll be able to gradually recover in this situation, bud.

^ Same here, lost my younger cousin due to suicide like two years ago. Still sucks to this day cause he wasnt showing signs of depression or other emotions similar last time we saw each other which was a year or two beforehand, I still feel like I shouldve asked more questions about school,etc and let him know Im here for advice about anything no matter what like I tell others in my life. Never crossed my mind nor familys mind that he would go out like that since he was so outgoing and full of joy I swear. Not one sign of deep sadness or anything.

Yeah, I really feel like some people who go through shit are able to cover it up well. So its just tricky because you wonder if you should have asked more, but at the time; it was tough to tell they were suffering.

Sorry to hear that, thing is even had anyone seen the signs and asked, the act of "everything's fine" becomes such a part of them that you'd still not have probably made a break through. Asking "what if" is a natural part of grief - but the real bitch about mental health is that it needs the sufferer to break through themselves as well - and as we know, fighting it is bloody hard work.

Archived