Roman Reigns announces he has Leukemia

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Roman Reigns' leukemia diagnosis was made within the last six days - after last week's Raw and before the weekend house shows. Only a small number of people knew about Reigns' announcement beforehand and WWE's statement was that the situation was "going to be addressed on Raw." Bryan Alvarez speculated that perhaps most people were told he had an injury announcement but nobody really knew that it was leukemia so it came as an absolute shock to pretty much everyone.

-- Wade Keller of Pro Wrestling Torch reported that "everyone just stopped what they were doing" backstage and none of the wrestlers were even told or tipped off to gather around to listen to what Reigns had to say.

this makes sense given everyone's reactions, as you could tell nobody saw this coming or was given any sort of heads up. My guess is like Paige, Edge, Bryan, he was given a mic and told he could say what he wanted in his own way.

Yeah, I definitely remember hearing "Reigns is injured" a few days ago...which made the cancer shit that much wilder. That's really what made it such a "wait...what?" moment. Having heard that he was "injured" via dirtsheets...and then just having the complete curve-ball of it being something as serious as leukemia.

Really puts how easily he seemed to bleed from the mouth into some perspective.

Well, not really, got diagnosed in the last 6 days though.

He's had it for 11 years I think. It could be a reason for why he bled from the mouth easily.

Really puts how easily he seemed to bleed from the mouth into some perspective.

Well, not really, got diagnosed in the last 6 days though.

He's had it for 11 years I think. It could be a reason for why he bled from the mouth easily.

I don't know how leukemia works, but I thought that once it's in remission, your blood and the coagulative functions that comes along with it should work as normal.

So you'd think bleeding from the mouth wouldn't be a cause of budding leukemia.

I am absolutly gutted about this as a person who when Roman first started on the main roster said he would not go anywhere and he will be the first fired to actually enjoying watching him on raw and rooting for him to get the big one and just when he got it this happens :(

Get well Soon Big Dog ! You can and you will fight this !

Nero

I'm not sure we should be doing predictions on when he'll be back when he has blood cancer for the second time. He could come back or he could be dead by the time the next Wrestlemania is up.

That's a scary thought, I really hope he recovers and beats this.

Archived