Do you think the elite will sign with wwe in 2019?

miguelnuva

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say this...

With WWE having this "we're listening to the fans" spiel now...It might be possible that they are looking to work with AEW. I think we'll have to wait and see what exactly AEW is. If it's just the Elite's way of doing whatever they want, then they would essentially just be free agents. And WWE has had free agents come in for one-off matches in the past. So...yeah, if that's what AEW is, then I'm not writing off the possibility of people like Omega and the Bucks having matches in WWE for one reason or another. If they truly wanted to "change the wresting business"...then that is how I would imagine they would do it...by making themselves available to other organizations...while simultaneously saying "this is our brand...you don't own us".

I will say this...

With WWE having this "we're listening to the fans" spiel now...It might be possible that they are looking to work with AEW. I think we'll have to wait and see what exactly AEW is. If it's just the Elite's way of doing whatever they want, then they would essentially just be free agents. And WWE has had free agents come in for one-off matches in the past. So...yeah, if that's what AEW is, then I'm not writing off the possibility of people like Omega and the Bucks having matches in WWE for one reason or another. If they truly wanted to "change the wresting business"...then that is how I would imagine they would do it...by making themselves available to other organizations...while simultaneously saying "this is our brand...you don't own us".

took the thought right out of my head

Time to make The Club and The Revival tag champs to keep em happy lol

Remember Anderson saying somewhere that despite his place on TV he gets paid a ton of money and sees his family alot so really doesn't give a shit.

Do people want Cody to main event in WWE? Omega sure, but I never got that feeling from Cody.

Yes. His whole summer feuding with Omega and being the "leader" of the Bullet Club was fantastic.

Are the Elite going to book the company fare or similar to how Nash and Hall booked WCW because I could see it being tempting to make the Bucks tag champs and Cody world champ.

That's usually how young companies are booked because you don't have to worry about your champions walking out on you

Cody and/or the Young Bucks starting out the promotion as champions isn't particularly a bad thing. It only looks bad because they're the owners, but let's not pretend like they wouldn't be at the top or at least heavily featured in just about any other wrestling promotion in the World - especially the US.

Lets say if a paper company made one product that sold consistently well for many years and was the thing that makes that company the most money. You would expect that company to promote that product and push it more than others. Same deal with the Bucks/Omega/Cody. Those guys are the sole reason people are interested in this company. If booking themselves to be the first champions/heavily featured in the main event means it gets them more money, then it's what the people want to see. It's nothing like Nash and WCW. Nobody wanted to see Nash in WCW.

Lets say if a paper company made one product that sold consistently well for many years and was the thing that makes that company the most money. You would expect that company to promote that product and push it more than others. Same deal with the Bucks/Omega/Cody. Those guys are the sole reason people are interested in this company. If booking themselves to be the first champions/heavily featured in the main event means it gets them more money, then it's what the people want to see. It's nothing like Nash and WCW. Nobody wanted to see Nash in WCW.

Referring to NJPW? That's a huge stretch, tbh.

They certainly had a boom period, and put a lot of eyes on the NJPW brand. That can't be denied.

But, "sole reason" does not become close to the truth. And, if I'm being honest...I can't be the only one who grew kind of sick of them being the main focus of NJPW. There are certainly plenty of other talents in the company worth a second look...but, it became the Bullet Club show...then The Elite show. I honestly look forward more to seeing what NJPW looks like when The Elite are gone than I do about whatever AEW ends up being.

In the end, it's a good thing. More companies mean more options for the viewer. We can have the Elite, and maybe have an entirely new NJPW as well...and that's fine. Just don't go saying that Kenny and the Bucks were the sole reason why people watched NJPW. That's shenanigans, tbh.

Referring to NJPW? That's a huge stretch, tbh.

They certainly had a boom period, and put a lot of eyes on the NJPW brand. That can't be denied.

But, "sole reason" does not become close to the truth. And, if I'm being honest...I can't be the only one who grew kind of sick of them being the main focus of NJPW. There are certainly plenty of other talents in the company worth a second look...but, it became the Bullet Club show...then The Elite show. I honestly look forward more to seeing what NJPW looks like when The Elite are gone than I do about whatever AEW ends up being.

nobody Was talking about NJPW

WWE talents jumping when they haven't proved they can actually sustain it or maintain interest is pretty dumb. One show is different to a full company

WWE talents jumping when they haven't proved they can actually sustain it or maintain interest is pretty dumb. One show is different to a full company

But they did just enough to prove its worth a shot. All In minus the Okada match ran swimmingly with Cody and the Bucks fully 100% running everything on their own. Now they got a legitimate financial backer and are also bringing in agents with booking experience to help run the show.

But they did just enough to prove its worth a shot. All In minus the Okada match ran swimmingly with Cody and the Bucks fully 100% running everything on their own. Now they got a legitimate financial backer and are also bringing in agents with booking experience to help run the show.

What happened with Okada/Scurll? Did it just go over on time?

Okada/Scurll only went a few minutes over time. Every match/segment on the show went over time, culmulating in a total of 18(?)minutes over time for the whole show. Okada and Scurll going for far longer is a misquote from The Bucks. They also told Okada & Scurll to finish their match the way they wanted no matter what.

People are acting like even with a billionaire backer that this is some big deal... its just not. Locally, a major tech investor started a company called NWL (national wrestling league) they even had their own wing at arrowhead stadium in KC. They stopped running within a year. Another big Indy that has all these major names come in is a place called World Class Revolution. They have a tv deal and everything, and yet they dont draw that well.

People are acting like even with a billionaire backer that this is some big deal... its just not. Locally, a major tech investor started a company called NWL (national wrestling league) they even had their own wing at arrowhead stadium in KC. They stopped running within a year. Another big Indy that has all these major names come in is a place called World Class Revolution. They have a tv deal and everything, and yet they dont draw that well.

I'm not sure why you're so arrogant that you get to determine if it's a big deal or not. To fans of the Elite this is a big deal. None of those things you listed had even remotely the amount of buzz that this and All In has/had.

Come up with weird examples and comparisons all you want, doesn't change the fact that AEW is different to anything you mentioned.

I looked up NWL and had no idea who any of the talent was. WCR has a lot of talent but i still never heard of the promotion. Cody and the Bucks have an established name in the wrestling world. People have been waiting all year for the promotion to be announced.

Archived