Shelly Martinez Accuses Deceased WWE Star Of Sexual Assault

.Nëro

Not to defend Umaga if he DID indeed do anything, but reading her story, did she say he even raped her? I mean I guess it implies that he was going to, but it just says he was on top of her and she pushed him off. Not saying thats right either, but still.

Once you force yourself onto someone sexually, whether or not there was insertion doesnt really matter at that point. The word almost doesnt really count with rape, whether he did it or tried to do it, he is a rapist, unless she is lying for ******headlines********

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to defend Umaga if he DID indeed do anything, but reading her story, did she say he even raped her? I mean I guess it implies that he was going to, but it just says he was on top of her and she pushed him off. Not saying thats right either, but still.

Once you force yourself onto someone sexually, whether or not there was insertion doesnt really matter at that point. The word almost doesnt really count with rape, whether he did it or tried to do it, he is a rapist, unless she is lying for ******headlines********

Its sexual assault. Not rape. Theres a big difference. And there is an even bigger difference if dude just got off when she said no or struggled, but she was uncomfortable. If he just tried to make a move and she rejected him and he *censored*ed off I dont think its a issue tbh... definitely not a rape or whatever if thats the case.

Waiting to hear more

Its sexual assault. Not rape. Theres a big difference. And there is an even bigger difference if dude just got off when she said no or struggled, but she was uncomfortable. If he just tried to make a move and she rejected him and he *censored*ed off I dont think its a issue tbh... definitely not a rape or whatever if thats the case.

Waiting to hear more

You are arguing semantics. She stated that she said she wanted nothing to do with any of those guys, Umaga included, so he was already made aware that he would not get her consent but according to her, he was still being aggressive and went as far as getting on top of her. Thats a big deal. Him getting off or being forced off of her before it went any further doesnt make it any better. Again, if you almost rape somebody, you dont get points for not actually doing it.

She clearly said it wasn't a rape but rather a sexual assault with what she said so I don't know why People are making a rape case out of it.

Besides she talks about how bad such things were handled back in the day behind the Scenes and how the women were supposed to "smarten up" and go "with the flow" of being sexually assaulted or raped without saying a word to anyone after because they wouldn't stand a chance against so many male wrestlers supporting this type of behaviour.

Alone the point in which she says that after he went for her the other 10 guys immediately left the room Shows that they knew what is going to happen.

They left the room so they can say afterwards that they "didn't saw and didn't know" anything supporting the assault because between them it was "ok" to behave like this and getting away with it.

Umaga just happen to be one of many and the other wrestler that called her out for talking to Melina about it one of them aswell.

Why in the absolute hell are The Usos brought up in this report? That is so *censored*ing dirty. They have nothing to do with it even bringing them up in relation to a rape may lead to something those two will never get away from in their careers.

*Censored* that site for adding that at the end. Was that you, Nero? The lack of quotations is not helping. I hope to god that is not the reporters doing.

It's the site.

Here is a link to the article

I hate, hate, HATE that. Leave Jimmy and Jey the *Censored* alone.

Waiting to hear more

I'm sorry, but that is bullshit. Attempted rape is just as bad as doing it.

Why in the absolute hell are The Usos brought up in this report? That is so *censored*ing dirty. They have nothing to do with it even bringing them up in relation to a rape may lead to something those two will never get away from in their careers.

*Censored* that site for adding that at the end. Was that you, Nero? The lack of quotations is not helping. I hope to god that is not the reporters doing.

Nope i did not add or edit this report in anyway, I copied it from the site and posted it here

Nero

Waiting to hear more

Actually sexual assault is an umbrella term that includes rate

Not saying I don't believe her...but Shelly definitely comes off as a huge flake to me. Everything I've ever seen of her makes me feel like she is probably the type to act overly promiscuous, and then be like "excuse me, I didn't ask for your advances". She's also a HUGE stoner. Which, again...there's nothing wrong with. But, would it really be out of the question for her to blaze up and then be like "oh shit...what's going on?"...

Anyway, Umaga is dead...and he died from a cocaine overdose. So...it's not like he was a shining angel. None of this would be out of the question in either direction. Again...this is one of those situations where it feels like two wrongs not making a right. I could see a flirty, promiscuous Shelly essentially teasing a room full of the guys, Umaga taking the bait (while coked out of his gourd)...and then Shelly freaking out and shoving him off her. Probably 100% what happened. Cocaine definitely drives certain...tendencies...

Her being stoned could explain feeling like the guys left her alone also. Paranoia is not to be underestimated.

I guess I just feel like...if Umaga was truly going for a full-on rape...he wouldn't have stopped. He stopped because she rejected him, which means he obviously thought she wanted him to begin with. Doesn't make it okay...but that's why I see the situation probably unfolding like I mentioned above, not Umaga full-on being like "give me 10 minutes with Shelly and I'm gonna take what I want". It could have gone down like that...but I have my doubts.

No. He didn't rape her. He might not have even been trying to and she assumed so. Was he? Probably. But he didn't. He might've just been pranking her or something she made no mention of him kissing her or trying to undress her

That wasn't a proper full point. Just a small chance.

Still, "forced sexual" would count a random drunk kiss. I guarantee people in this thread have kissed a random drunk girl. Means that member was acquainting them to rape

No. He didn't rape her. He might not have even been trying to and she assumed so. Was he? Probably. But he didn't. He might've just been pranking her or something she made no mention of him kissing her or trying to undress her

I want you to read your response a few more times.

Genuinely sounds like a case of miscommunication...which I think is something that people need to consider more carefully in cases where the outcome was less than full on rape. I mean...rape is rape. If they stopped, then they stopped. The only thing we have here that sounds "off"...is the "game" of who could get with Shelly first...and again, based on how she carries herself, that game was probably more of a rib on how flirty she was, and guys just betting that she's easy...not a game of who could rape her, or something like that. It sounds 100% like a case of "there's Shelly, she's always being promiscuous around groups of dudes...I bet I could get with her". Umaga fired his shot...(a cocaine-fueled shot that pushed the issue too hard). She rejected him. End of. No rape to speak of.

Not saying I don't believe her...but Shelly definitely comes off as a huge flake to me. Everything I've ever seen of her makes me feel like she is probably the type to act overly promiscuous, and then be like "excuse me, I didn't ask for your advances". She's also a HUGE stoner. Which, again...there's nothing wrong with. But, would it really be out of the question for her to blaze up and then be like "oh shit...what's going on?"...

Anyway, Umaga is dead...and he died from a cocaine overdose. So...it's not like he was a shining angel. None of this would be out of the question in either direction. Again...this is one of those situations where it feels like two wrongs not making a right. I could see a flirty, promiscuous Shelly essentially teasing a room full of the guys, Umaga taking the bait (while coked out of his gourd)...and then Shelly freaking out and shoving him off her. Probably 100% what happened. Cocaine definitely drives certain...tendencies...

Her being stoned could explain feeling like the guys left her alone also. Paranoia is not to be underestimated.

I guess I just feel like...if Umaga was truly going for a full-on rape...he wouldn't have stopped. He stopped because she rejected him, which means he obviously thought she wanted him to begin with. Doesn't make it okay...but that's why I see the situation probably unfolding like I mentioned above, not Umaga full-on being like "give me 10 minutes with Shelly and I'm gonna take what I want". It could have gone down like that...but I have my doubts.

This is what's known as a character assassination. 'She might have blazed up so much that she didn't realise she was asking for sex, and who can blame Umaga for being coked up'. *censored*ing hell.

Obviously no one can say whether this is true or not, but some of the reasons given against her are just bullshit. Like RyderFan acting as if he's impartial, yet every one of his responses have been framed around Shelly being money-hungry. Or Gen literally suggesting that she was asking for it, or the number of people trying to reduce the severity of this by using the old 'it wasn't rape it was only sexual assault' argument. Not to mention the fact that the idea of women lying about stuff like this is always brought up despite it happening in the severe minority of cases. Whether this is true or not, some members on here clearly still adhere to dangerous and outdated ideas surrounding the realities of sexual assault.

No...I'm not crying "character assassination"...because that's complete bullshit in a situation where something actually happened...so, no...I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole. But I can see both sides, and I think there was probably too much confusion on both ends. If Umaga was alive, maybe he could speak for himself...but he can't.

Also, I definitely never said "she was asking for it". Like...again, she didn't get raped. I would never suggest that she was baiting a rape or wanted to be raped...or some dumb shit like that. I just have seen the way she is, and know that both Shelly and Umaga partook in certain "medications". Some women are entirely too flirty, and they do it intentionally. I see it every day, tbh. Just the other day I watched a girl (who has a boyfriend) flirting with the kitchen staff...(literally three guys) and she was saying how she needs weiner every day, etc, etc...I just ignored her...but you could tell that she was firing those guys up. And then she closed with "I have a boyfriend" when they finally took the bait.

A misunderstanding is one thing, forgivable, but if Umaga mounted her knowing she wasnt with it like she said then I dont know how else you can look at that. I dont see how him stopping before it got any further makes it better when he shouldnt have started in the first place. Thats almost like punching someone a bunch of times but stopping before they lose consciousness and then saying you didnt beat someone up because they werent knocked out.

You've misunderstood. I'm not saying that you've said that Shelly is character-assassinating Umaga, I'm saying that you're assassinating her character by saying that maybe she was asking for this cos she's smokes weed and is apparently promiscuous.

I understood that fine. And I'm telling you that I'm not doing that. Shelly being a stoner is a piece of well-documented information. Me saying "maybe she was a bit stoned" is not character assassination in the least...no more so than me also saying that Umaga was probably coked out of his gourd. It's just an evaluation of a situation, based on what I know to be factually true about the parties involved.

Lets not ignore the part about the guys leaving when they saw Umaga getting aggressive and the part about those guys telling her to smarten up afterwards and her specifically remembering Umaga.

Not ignoring any of that...but, it's still a one-sided story. I'm not even trying to protect Umaga here (he's dead, so what's the point anyway?)...I just don't fully believe that it was like "let's leave Umaga here to have his way with Shelly". That might have been her perception of it...but I don't know that I believe that's actually what happened. Obviously it was some sort of a party scenario. People were probably jacked up in more ways than one. I just don't know that the word of Shelly Martinez outweighs everything I know about drugs and alcohol, and people (of both genders) judging situations poorly. You can convince yourself of a lot of things if you're high on one thing or another. If you can convince yourself that a bar full of strangers are looking at you, or laughing at you, or talking shit about you...then you can surely convince yourself that the fix is in to leave you in a vulnerable situation. I wasn't there, so I don't know. The smoking gun will be if anyone else who was there can clarify the situation.

Genuinely sounds like a case of miscommunication...which I think is something that people need to consider more carefully in cases where the outcome was less than full on rape. I mean...rape is rape. If they stopped, then they stopped. The only thing we have here that sounds "off"...is the "game" of who could get with Shelly first...and again, based on how she carries herself, that game was probably more of a rib on how flirty she was, and guys just betting that she's easy...not a game of who could rape her, or something like that. It sounds 100% like a case of "there's Shelly, she's always being promiscuous around groups of dudes...I bet I could get with her". Umaga fired his shot...(a cocaine-fueled shot that pushed the issue too hard). She rejected him. End of. No rape to speak of.

Now you're saying what I said lmao. A game is basically the same thing

What you said was absurd. You said he was pranking her...suggesting that she was a part of it, and everyone had a good laugh. A "game" among male friends to see who could sleep with a woman is not a "prank" on the woman. But it's also nowhere near "rape"...it's a shitty thing to do, but it still has boundaries. Boundaries that Umaga seemingly adhered to, when he stopped his advances after she pushed him off.

Really, it sounds like she's just angry that everyone saw her as being promiscuous enough for such a game to ever take place. They thought she was easy, so they all tried to get with her. That isn't rape. It's just not. It might be demeaning to her, but it doesn't really cross any lines.

This is what's known as a character assassination. 'She might have blazed up so much that she didn't realise she was asking for sex, and who can blame Umaga for being coked up'. *censored*ing hell.

Obviously no one can say whether this is true or not, but some of the reasons given against her are just bullshit. Like RyderFan acting as if he's impartial, yet every one of his responses have been framed around Shelly being money-hungry. Or Gen literally suggesting that she was asking for it, or the number of people trying to reduce the severity of this by using the old 'it wasn't rape it was only sexual assault' argument. Not to mention the fact that the idea of women lying about stuff like this is always brought up despite it happening in the severe minority of cases. Whether this is true or not, some members on here clearly still adhere to dangerous and outdated ideas surrounding the realities of sexual assault.

Wanna know why that is? It was the side of my original post people chose to have a problem with. Look at my original post:

I am honestly not sure how I feel about this. On one hand if this is true then *Censored* Umaga. Rape has no place in this world. On the other though, the only thing worse than rape is someone who lies about being raped in an awful attempt to gain cheap sympathy or ruin someone's reputation. In that case *Censored* Shelly for being a lying bitch and trying to drag someone's name through the mud for no reason, even worse that Umaga is no longer here to defend himself. I wanna see how this story plays out before I jump on either side.

I do not see the bias here. If people had defended Umaga and took issue with the first half of that post then I would have defended Shelly. Right now both sides have merit to me. Gen is bang on the money when he says that the smoking gun will be if people verify this story. I am waiting to see how this plays out.

What you said was absurd. You said he was pranking her...suggesting that she was a part of it, and everyone had a good laugh. A "game" among male friends to see who could sleep with a woman is not a "prank" on the woman. But it's also nowhere near "rape"...it's a shitty thing to do, but it still has boundaries. Boundaries that Umaga seemingly adhered to, when he stopped his advances after she pushed him off.

Really, it sounds like she's just angry that everyone saw her as being promiscuous enough for such a game to ever take place. They thought she was easy, so they all tried to get with her. That isn't rape. It's just not. It might be demeaning to her, but it doesn't really cross any lines.

The fact that you think what Umaga allegedly did didn't cross any boundaries is the issue. Repeating what EJ said, just because it's not actual forced penetration, and is instead 'attempted rape' or 'almost rape but stopped at the last minute', it doesn't mean its OK and the fact that it can be suggested that it is fine is crazy.

Archived