CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

Continental Alliance Wrestling 2K19 (Announcement & Updates in 1st post)

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#221 judas priest superstar

judas priest superstar

New Talent

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Gamertag: shadowshot LJ
  • SEN (PS3): homeless_jazz86

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:06 AM

I'm loving these Starlight Pro characters, would love to see some more of them, like some of the older ones you mentioned in Sayuri's bio. It's legitimately interesting.

#222 AMOLAD79

AMOLAD79

New Talent

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:28 PM

I'm loving these Starlight Pro characters, would love to see some more of them, like some of the older ones you mentioned in Sayuri's bio. It's legitimately interesting.

That is a hell of a nickname you got there. And Judas Priest is one hell of a band.

#223 Rekka_No_Ryo

Rekka_No_Ryo

Wayward Son

• Members
  • 10,058 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:52 PM

if im not mistaken Judas, alot of them were in 17/18 if memory serves me correctly that he uploaded.

Edited by Rekka_No_Ryo, 05 June 2019 - 06:53 PM.

#224 Oz70NYC

Oz70NYC

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,090 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Oz70NYC

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:29 PM

The ones in Sayuri's bio would be characters from the past, Starlight Pro's earlier years. Late 90s,-early 2000s. If I ever pulled the trigger on my retro project, they'd be featured. But I've had the idea in my head 3 years now and never start it cuz I don't have the time to commit to making a whole other roster.

#225 judas priest superstar

judas priest superstar

New Talent

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Gamertag: shadowshot LJ
  • SEN (PS3): homeless_jazz86

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:56 PM

The ones in Sayuri's bio would be characters from the past, Starlight Pro's earlier years. Late 90s,-early 2000s. If I ever pulled the trigger on my retro project, they'd be featured. But I've had the idea in my head 3 years now and never start it cuz I don't have the time to commit to making a whole other roster.

I see. I mean, is there a way where you can make just those three characters instead and not make a full roster? Just saying, worth a shot.

#226 Rekka_No_Ryo

Rekka_No_Ryo

Wayward Son

• Members
  • 10,058 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:40 AM

he could pick and choose as far as the retro goes who he wants to make, I mean.

#227 Slindenboss

Slindenboss
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Slindendudemaste
  • Twitter: @slindrnjr

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:25 AM

When do think it may be possible to uploaded the tag teams again just curious

#228 Oz70NYC

Oz70NYC

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:14 PM

When do think it may be possible to uploaded the tag teams again just curious

Typically I leave new updates up for 2 weeks (depending on demand. If they're popular I'll leave them up longer.) So the 16th will be when I pull the Starlight girls down and do re-upload requests until the next update is ready.

#229 Slindenboss

Slindenboss
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Slindendudemaste
  • Twitter: @slindrnjr

Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:17 AM

That works and makes total sense on demand and popular

#230 Rekka_No_Ryo

Rekka_No_Ryo

Wayward Son

• Members
  • 10,058 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:26 PM

So Oz, I have a question, out of your CAWS from all of your rosters, who would you say are the creme de la creme. The ones who always do well in game.

#231 Oz70NYC

Oz70NYC

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:25 AM

So Oz, I have a question, out of your CAWS from all of your rosters, who would you say are the creme de la creme. The ones who always do well in game.

As far as males go, Sean Trueth, Timoa Mamula and Liedhamer. As for Females, Ashley Diamond and Helena Troy tend to win more then the others.

#232 Rekka_No_Ryo

Rekka_No_Ryo

Wayward Son

• Members
  • 10,058 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:15 AM

cool ! why do you think that is ?

#233 Oz70NYC

Oz70NYC

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:46 PM

Move-sets. As many know, I'm meticulous about how I craft my move-sets. I'm a STRONG...as has been well documented over the years...that an original character's move-set is as important to them as their attire, because the move-set presents the character's personality every bit as what they're wearing. If you have a character that looks light and nimble...there's no reason why that character should have 3 variations of a powerbomb. It looks unnatural, and makes the character look completely unrealistic. The character can look absolutely amazing, but the moment I see them do a move that looks nothing what that character should naturally be able to do...I write that character off as garbage.

But it goes deeper then that. Over the many, many, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany years I've been doing this CAW creation thing...I've picked apart the game engine and how the moves are done. As in, how the AI will use moves. How it flows in combat. So I give my characters what I like to call "Combo Moves", that being moves that easily chain into the other. One simple example is ground moves. There are a LOT of ground moves that end with the opponent face down, more then when the opponent is laying on their back. So what I do for say Sean Trueth is give him a ground upper move that lands the opponent face down, and a ground side move that STARTS with the opponent face down (Multiple Kick I believe), and ends with the opponent on their back. He now has a ground combo move that flows one into the next that the AI can do with ease.

Move-sets are probably the longest part of the creation process for me, because I want my characters to annihilate other people's characters in the most realistic way possible. Another factor into how my characters tend to do so well against other people's characters is the very premise I mentioned earlier about how people put together unrealistic move-sets. While you can have Powerbombs and other such big moves in your medium grapple, they still fall into the "power" move range...so they have a wider counter window then say...a snap suplex. You can tell which moves fall into this when playing the game yourself. If the move has 2 points where it can be countered (the green marker, and then an orange marker)...that's a move that should be relegated to heavy grapple. You put such a move in your medium grapple...advanced AI (Hard, Very Hard and Legend) is going to counter it.

I could make an entire thread just on my philosophy of building strong AI move-sets, but to sum things up...the characters mentioned tend to win a lot because I gave them the most ironclad, efficient & effective move-sets for their personas. 

#234 Rekka_No_Ryo

Rekka_No_Ryo

Wayward Son

• Members
  • 10,058 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:01 PM

why dont you make a thread about movesets well how you do them and advice you can give to other CAW makers in regards to this aspect. As im sure those that struggle would appreciate it.

Edited by Rekka_No_Ryo, 10 June 2019 - 11:01 PM.

#235 ksdixon

ksdixon

Opener

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 05:30 AM

I know I would.

Man... I get so annoyed with this series' AI.

- Why is is that changing a signiature or finisher can change how aggressive or effective a created wrestler fights? It's changing one bloody move.

- Or moving the same moves around in the move slots (O and up, O and left etc.) can change how aggressive or effective a created wrestler fights? They're the same moves just rearranged.

- Why do CAWs that are dominant in Exhibition turn into complete jobbers in Universe Mode, or the other way around?

Sara Williams has been an absolute nightmare this year. Any time I've given her moves that fit her character she's fought like shit. Despite that same moveset rocking in the last 2 games.

Leon's managed to get her fighting well, but it's at the cost of her personality-through-moveset. So I never keep his edits as I fail to see the logic of having a good fighter if she no longer fights like "Sara" etc.

I think/hope I've got her working at the moment, but it's been a year long struggle, and she has a new moveset which misses some of her established moves. But, ya know, I don't want to edit her further in case I *Censored* up her AI again. :(

Edited by ksdixon, 14 June 2019 - 05:31 AM.

#236 RobRebel89

RobRebel89

New Talent

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Gamertag: RobRebel_89
  • SEN (PS3): RobRebel_89

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:31 PM

I'm gonna side with Rekka and Karl on this one. Your knowledge and wisdom in the art of move-set building would greatly be appreciated. I've picked your brain plenty, but having a centralize place where you pass on that insight would be great for the folk who've never deep dived into it.