Anyone here speak a little bit of japanese?

CROSS-Out

Trying to convert a catch phrase into japanese but I'm struggling to find out if I translated it correctly or not.

I want to say "I am the number one of the new era". Now, my translation effort has left me with "ore wa shin jidai no ichiban" (in romaji of course) but I'm struggling to find whether I translated it accurately or not.

I know I wanted to use ore wa though to make the user of the catch phrase sound arrogant.

I typed that into a translation engine and it gave me "the most important of me".

There's actually a thing where people translate something from English to another language, take that, put it back in, and translate it back to English...and it comes out completely ridiculous. Seen people do it on youtube.

I know "ore wa ichiban" is correct at least thanks to Shinsuke Nakamuras theme music. I just need to be sure of whether shin jidai no is correct, if i've got the sentence layout correct, and whether I need to add da at the end.

I actually had a chance to learn japanese properly in high school, a teacher who spent a significent amount of time in Japan teaching english offered me lessons but unfortunately I was in a very bad place in my life at the time and declined. One of the biggest mistakes i've made.

Depending on how long you wanna wait on this, there are 3 people in particular from middle school who are Japanese born. I don't speak with them often but the one I seem to comment on posts from on FB the most would probably be down to get it as close as she could, I just don't know how fast

I'm in no rush and would be happy to accept the help! Like I said, I'm fairly certain my current translation is somewhat close but its difficult to find a way to confirm I got it down-pat considering google translate can't handle japanese worth shite.

So I got a hit back, dunno if you still needed it. She told me "watashi wa konogidai de ichiban desu". Don't know yet how accurate what you initially said was. It took 5 days to get to me, it might take 5 more to explain XD

I believe I can use ore wa to be a more arrogant way to say watashi wa, which would suit my need, and da and desu mean more or less the same thing. So apparently I at least got pretty close!

I don't speak enough japanese to hold a conversation or anything, but i've picked up bits and pieces over the years that let me put it together. Still kicking myself for not taking the chance to learn from someone who really knew the language when I had the chance.

• 3 weeks later...

I know "ore wa ichiban" is correct at least thanks to Shinsuke Nakamuras theme music. I just need to be sure of whether shin jidai no is correct, if i've got the sentence layout correct, and whether I need to add da at the end.

I actually had a chance to learn japanese properly in high school, a teacher who spent a significent amount of time in Japan teaching english offered me lessons but unfortunately I was in a very bad place in my life at the time and declined. One of the biggest mistakes i've made.

I wouldn't take too many notes from Nakamura's theme song as its lyrics are apparently broken Japanese on purpose to piss off people who understand Japanese.

Archived