New out of character interview with Undertaker

Youssef

Worse than Taker simply being religious, is that he turned religious solely because of his wife...like, he wanted nothing to do with it, and then she made him check out church...he drank the kool-aid, and now he's giving sit-down interviews with creepy pastors on youtube...

kinda funny when his character on screen is basically satan

What got me is someone apparently losing respect for Undertaker because he supports Blue Lives Matters. I realize there's criticism over the whole thing, but come on lol.

What is this thing? Never heard of it.

I feel the opposite tbh. Im more into him this year than I have been since 2014.

Same tbh.

What got me is someone apparently losing respect for Undertaker because he supports Blue Lives Matters. I realize there's criticism over the whole thing, but come on lol.

I could take this somewhere else but I agree and see what you mean. Especially as a black man....

Yeah, lol. Like, I'm black and I'm fully aware of the police brutality that goes on (not just with black people, either). I have a shit ton of good friends in law enforcement and I'm also security forces in the military, so I see shit from both sides. Not all cops are bad. That's all I'll say about that.

Yeah, lol. Like, I'm black and I'm fully aware of the police brutality that goes on (not just with black people, either). I have a shit ton of good friends in law enforcement and I'm also security forces in the military, so I see shit from both sides. Not all cops are bad. That's all I'll say about that.

Great points tbh. I've had plenty of cops who have looked out for me and actually saved me from myself. So I'll never be cynical to them. But I've also see the dark side of that for myself. Lol

What is this thing? Never heard of it.

Basically u support police

I thought it meant you support the Smurfs?

How many times does he say You Know? Lol

Seems like quite a few wrestlers like HBK say that a lot.

Also, does Taker talk about cops/Blue Lives Matter? My respect for him went a bit down after learning he's Blue Lives Matter/staunch Blue Lives Matter.

The stuff that makes your respect for him go down, is the stuff that makes folks like me respect him even more.

Buncha wimps around here crying about him being a typical dude

What a stupid logic. Nothing typical about that. Don't see what's "wimp" about that, but whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

If Blue Lives Matter was a legitimate movement for the cops instead of a retaliation against Black Lives Matter and an attempt to invalidate that movement, then I would be all for it. If you want to share your views (which I won't respond to unless you want me to), then US Political thread would be the place to do so.

but anyway, I don't see Taker becoming religious as that bad, especially compared to his hunting. Kinda *censored*ed up that people are okay with killing animals....

Boy. This thread escalated quickly.

One of my favorite parts of the interview is the simple advice he gave to the younger guys: it's not about the moves and how many you do. It's telling the story in the ring. That's what matters.

I'd really like him to repeat that, cause some fans nowadays don't seem to get it.

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting interview. Honestly, I'm not surprised that he's a hunter. Heck, that's what some people in Texas do to provide for their families. Shawn Michaels hunts to provide for his family, and he also donates some of it to local food banks.

As for him being religious and a supporter of Blue Lives Matter, I don't see anything wrong with that either. From what I heard, this is the same guy that used to go to strip clubs in the early 90s. Maybe he just wanted to clean up some parts of his life.

This interview just goes to show that ABA persona was an extension of who he is in real life.

Very interesting interview. Honestly, I'm not surprised that he's a hunter. Heck, that's what some people in Texas do to provide for their families. Shawn Michaels hunts to provide for his family, and he also donates some of it to local food banks.

As for him being religious and a supporter of Blue Lives Matter, I don't see anything wrong with that either. From what I heard, this is the same guy that used to go to strip clubs in the early 90s. Maybe he just wanted to clean up some parts of his life.

This interview just goes to show that ABA persona was an extension of who he is in real life.

I'm not surprised he supports the services like the police and such, I believe he had a nephew in Iraq / Afghanistan around the time of Wrestlemania X8 as well.

Is Blue Lives Matter not an organisation that blindly supports police officers who shoot on black people? That is what Im given to believe.

Supporting the police and supporting something like that are different. Ideally everyone should support the police as a concept.

Is Blue Lives Matter not an organisation that blindly supports police officers who shoot on black people? That is what Im given to believe.

Supporting the police and supporting something like that are different. Ideally everyone should support the police as a concept.

It is, and it was created as a counter to Black Lives Matter, who were fighting against police brutality and cops usually getting away with killing black people. At least, the main idea wasn't really to support cops as much as it was to silence Black Lives Matter or divert attention away. That's my problem with Taker supporting Blue Lives Matter, though I do have a bit of an issue with supporting cops in general as well.

I'm not surprised he supports the services like the police and such, I believe he had a nephew in Iraq / Afghanistan around the time of Wrestlemania X8 as well.

I think he did.

Oh I see, well if it's got those connotations, then it's different. I did not know the details, so that does make a difference.

Archived