Telltale Games shutting down...

Generations

Loved Walking Dead Season 1 and 2. Loved the Wolf Among Us, Enjoy 7 Days to Die, hope they still release Stranded Deep. Was REALLY looki forward to Wolf Among Us Season 1. Enjoyed Batman. Borderlands was ok, Game of Thrones and Minecraft..eh. But I still lived Telltale

I remember back when TWD Season 2 was coming out It was my 2nd game I REALLY wanted to do a LP of(1 being Arkham Asylum). Didn't have any equipment for it. When

Season 2 Spoiler

Kenny was in Episode 2, I was in tears, and watched MANY reactions of that

I'm gonna miss Telltale

Season 1 ending of the Walking Dead was the most emotional I've been playing a game. Hell I didn't even play it first, I watched Pewdiepie play it YEARS ago back when I watched him. I kept saying "Oh this game looks horrible, How the F did it win alot of awards" watched it and fell in love. Then I myself played it(got an easy Platinum, both on PS3 and PS4) And used up all my internet data to download Season 2 Ep 1 the day it came out. I've yet to beat Season 3.

And Wolf Among Us I was at the edge of my seat with these mysteries, kept getting better and better. Now I played this game when it came out.

Got both seasons of Batman but have yet to beat Season 1 :lol:

Got like 3 Episodes of Tales of Borderlands

2 Episodes of Minecraft Story Mode

Didn't bother Game of Thrones since I CAN'T stand that show, just not for me at all.

Been supporting Telltale for years and damn it's sad to see them go. Gonna miss Clem, would be cool to add her to the actual show!

Think I've played every Telltale game except for Jurassic Park. I should get around to that.

Some of those earlier ones were not great...but you could see the vision they had.

I think the worst one I played was easily Back to the Future (which I never finished)...but again, you could see what they were doing...and when you see what that vision became, it validates those earlier games. Highlights of their portfolio are obviously Walking Dead, Batman, Guardians of the Galaxy was fantastic, IMO...Wolf Among Us, etc. Tales from the Borderlands was indeed awesome...and a big shocker to me, since I never liked the actual Borderlands games or even bothered playing the first one past the opening 20 minutes or so. Game of Thrones was decent...but suffered a bit from that "early vision" syndrome.

Just a sad situation, honestly. I feel like this is one of those moments where people don't appreciate what they have until it's gone. I think people are going to play these games in the future, and say "I kinda wish I supported them back when they needed it"...(assuming there will still be a way to even acquire those games). I'm guessing someone will acquire the rights to publish those games...so as to still pull royalties from sales. Or maybe they just disappear entirely, and only exist in a physical format (which would be pretty sad to see).

They only had the rights to the licences, not the IP - so there'd be no money in getting the rights to the old ones as they've had to get he entire license and that's clearly what killed TT in the first place so the main reason to get them would be to make new ones and even then, I don't think they'd touch the existing ones other than maybe part 3 of TWD to let them finish it

They were fun games for one playthrough but your choices really didn't matter that much. If you get some moral choice before episode 4 the other choice will happen as well. I do feel kinda bad since I never actually gave their company a dime. Between Games with Gold, PS Plus, and Gamefly. I played The first two walking dead games, tales from borderlands(probably my favorite), Game of Thrones, and first Batman.

Archived