Sony Announce PlayStation Classic

Twisted...

Should've just put them into the PSN store.

Shame Sony hate backwards compatibility

You can already play these games on PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and PS Vita

If it's anything like the SNES Classic (in regards to size), then it shouldn't be too difficult to add, lol.

It literally has nothing to do with difficulty... more like, taking up additional space in the room where space is limited.

Example: a three story media shelf where I already have a PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360 wired up.

If it's anything like the SNES Classic (in regards to size), then it shouldn't be too difficult to add, lol.

It literally has nothing to do with difficulty... more like, taking up additional space in the room where space is limited.

Example: a three story media shelf where I already have a PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360 wired up.

That's fair enough. I went slightly overboard with my setup, and have 18 consoles hooked up :lol:

Now I have no room to add a Nintendo Switch or PS4, if I ever decide to get one.

I have the box room, too, haha.

I'm waiting for the N64 classic GoldenEye 1080 Mario Kart Super Mario 64

Yep that's the one I'm waiting for.

Playstation Classic is pretty awesome but it depends on the 20 titles included. I have all the Crash, Spryo, Final Fantasy games on my old PS3. So we shall see. Shame it doesn't have the sticks because then I might of hoped for Ape Escape being included.

If the disc-loader was functional, I would be on-board. But these emulators are not for me. I got super excited for a fraction of a second, when I thought it was a fully functioning PS1 that also had an internal hard drive in it. That's what it should have been, tbh. This is just a conversation piece, tbh. Surely you can hack it and put whatever you want on there...but I really wanted a reason to collect PS1 discs again.

If you have a PS3, you should already be able to play all those games without buying this new console

I'll say this much... if one of the Silent Hill games were to appear on that PS Classic, I'm all in.

Space or no space, I'll find a way for a classic game like that.

It's already on PS3/Vita tho (the second game was on PS2, which you can also play on PS3)

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0101-NPEF00038_00-GSILENTHIL000001

Archived