Official WWE Crown Jewel Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Was the deal for 10 years or for 10 events? Because honestly, if their hands are really as tied as they want us to believe and the deal is only for 10 events, I rather they just get those 10 events out the way as quickly as possible. Just knock out eight house shows really fast and get the hell outta there for good.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know...Saudi Arabia should also want to cancel the event. The government claims to have nothing to do with the death of the journalist. Although that's likely just them saying things...they should just state that they're undergoing proper investigation in the case. Not that it will ever amount for anything, but it gives them the opportunity to retain deals with outside-companies and appear more cooperative.

Saying that it was an terrorist group is the same justification all the tyrannical governments in the middle east give, aswell as other contorversial people, like the US president(s) and Putin

actually they admitted the death

This World Cup thing really only has US Americans :lol:

Just like their World Series or whatever in Handeggball, Baseball etc

This show has really been an embarrassment from the start. All began going downhill when they downgraded from a stadium that would hold 70k, to one that would only hold 25k...and things have only got worse since then. Honestly, the smaller venue is even more of a reason not to have the show at all. In my understanding, a large part of the draw was in doing a giant stadium with a WM feel. And this...wouldn't even have that anymore. I hope WWE keeps experimenting with new territories and pushing the boundaries of scale for events...but they should definitely find a way out of any existing contract they have with Saudi Arabia. It was an interesting experiment, but, it's already run its course. In fact, I would estimate that the change in venue might do them a favor in pulling out of said contractual agreement. Simply saying "we agreed to do a show of 70k, not 25k" is a pretty good excuse, IMO.

Also, the idea of Lesnar in a no DQ triple threat match has me shook. Sure...he was at the GRR too...but he was locked in a cage. I'm just waiting for this dude to throw a car door at a Suadi prince. :lol:

But all triple threats are no DQ

I assumed WWE were being dumb like always. Both Kane and AJ have been DQed in triple threats before so I thought they specified no DQ

Brocks been in multiple TT, January for example.

And they should allow DQ in TT really makes little sense

Muur...what the absolute *Censored* are you on about? I'm just saying that Brock will be in Saudi Arabia, where people are known to be walking on eggshells...and the dude is a loose canon. He will be in a match with no rules, and might potentially do something that would risk his well being if he disrespected the wrong people. Shit...it was an easy concept to grasp. Brock in Saudi Arabia with no rules, and no cage to keep him away from the crowd = powder keg. That is all.

Yeah, it would have been exceedingly easy to have a proper spread of global talent for the match. WWE has a great cast of different nationalities to choose from. But, if it was all done to spite the soccer world cup, then it makes sense that WWE never even planned to do a world cup, and therefore doesn't give a shit if it's all Americans or not.

This show has really been an embarrassment from the start. All began going downhill when they downgraded from a stadium that would hold 70k, to one that would only hold 25k...and things have only got worse since then. Honestly, the smaller venue is even more of a reason not to have the show at all. In my understanding, a large part of the draw was in doing a giant stadium with a WM feel. And this...wouldn't even have that anymore. I hope WWE keeps experimenting with new territories and pushing the boundaries of scale for events...but they should definitely find a way out of any existing contract they have with Saudi Arabia. It was an interesting experiment, but, it's already run its course. In fact, I would estimate that the change in venue might do them a favor in pulling out of said contractual agreement. Simply saying "we agreed to do a show of 70k, not 25k" is a pretty good excuse, IMO.

Also, the idea of Lesnar in a no DQ triple threat match has me shook. Sure...he was at the GRR too...but he was locked in a cage. I'm just waiting for this dude to throw a car door at a Suadi prince. :lol:

Why would he do that? The only reason Lesnar is going is because of how deep the prince's pockets are.

Muur...what the absolute *Censored* are you on about? I'm just saying that Brock will be in Saudi Arabia, where people are known to be walking on eggshells...and the dude is a loose canon. He will be in a match with no rules, and might potentially do something that would risk his well being if he disrespected the wrong people. Shit...it was an easy concept to grasp. Brock in Saudi Arabia with no rules, and no cage to keep him away from the crowd = powder keg. That is all.

...I'm not sure if I'm THAT opposed to WW3 starting because Brock Lesnar decided to be Brock Lesnar. I mean, if it's going to happen, it might as well happen LIVE ON THE WWE NETWORK

The *Censored* you YOU talking about? You're acting like Brock is some kind of deranged frankenstein monster. :lol: The dude is still a professional human being. He knows how to handle himself in SA both outside and in the ring. You are believing way too much into the character of Brock Lesnar.

...I'm not sure if I'm THAT opposed to WW3 starting because Brock Lesnar decided to be Brock Lesnar. I mean, if it's going to happen, it might as well happen LIVE ON THE WWE NETWORK
would definitely bring wrestling back to mainstream

Should've been 8 people from 8 different countries, or even 32 if they wanted it to be like the actual WC

What is Lesnar gonna do? I don't get it, he'll do whatever WWE tell him to do because uh, I'm sorry to break this to you but the matches arent real so if Lensar hits someone int he penis, well he was told to

Should've been 8 people from 8 different countries, or even 32 if they wanted it to be like the actual WC

What is Lesnar gonna do? I don't get it, he'll do whatever WWE tell him to do because uh, I'm sorry to break this to you but the matches arent real so if Lensar hits someone int he penis, well he was told to

Like when he threw a car door at the fans?

it was literally an accident lmao

A one off in his entire career

Jericho literally got arrested for breaking the law in Brazil once

R-Truth once smoked inside the arena, on screen, in the UK which is illegal (and the crowd made sure to point this out)

point is, anyone on the roster could piss the Saudis off. Heck, they pissed them off by using women in an ad during the show

Exactly. Definitely not a one-off. Brock has an explosive disposition, and is prone to taking things further than they are meant to go. It really wasn't meant to be such a drawn out debate. I don't think Lesnar is going to punch a baby or take a shit on the King's lap. But the dude is still a menace at times...

it was literally an accident lmao

Way to help argue someone else's argument instead of your own

you get 2 claps

Why is this even an argument anyway though, lol. Lesnar is kinda reckless, I don't see how that's up for dispute. Although as hilarious as it is, I doubt Lesnar would do anything bad. Oh well.

Archived