Official WWE Crown Jewel Discussion Thread

Jmerc

The Big Dog yeah is reportedly injured and another report is saying Bryan and Cena are refusing to travel

Wait, Cena? Really?

Wait, did Cena even had a match scheduled?

He's one of the twenty yanks in the world cup.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Cup guys can be shoddily replaced. So...I doubt that will stop WWE. But, it really should...when you have big names who are considered locker room leaders, and they're stepping away...that should tell you all you need to know. Reigns, Cena, and Bryan off the show now. Just have the balls to cancel it. Yeah...it sucks for fans too. I was looking forward to some of the matches, but it isn't worth supporting the type of people that it supports.

Probably what they'll do. Which sucks...because the title match was easily the biggest thing on that card. And again...this dude is willing to sacrifice a championship match to abstain from going over there. Speaks volumes.

Thing that sucks most, is, WWE had ample time to cancel the Saudi event and move it to another location. They've known about this controversy for a solid month. We could have had all of the matches exactly as they are meant to be (with the exception of Roman)...and all they had to do was have balls enough to find a replacement venue. And I said it once, I'll say it again...the original appeal of Saudi Arabia was the giant stadium that held 75,000 people. With that taken off the table, they should have immediately used it as an excuse to break the contract.

I wonder if Vince isn afraid that if they cancel crown jewel that will killed the Saudi deal forever.

It seems like he's risking a lot of negativity for one show.

Well...it is definitely about the money and the overall scale of the deal.

You have a perfect example of "getting in bed with the wrong people".

They made a deal that they never should have made, put all of their eggs in one basket, and now they're stuck. It was obvious when they said that they wouldn't go if Trump personally told them not to. They were looking for a government mandated leash to save them from their own misfortune. They just forgot that Trump is a shitty ally who puts himself first. So, now they're stuck. If they go, it's a PR disaster and a potential risk to their talents. If they pull out, they break a contract with shady people, and it's also a risk to their talents (and fans at live shows). You always have to worry about what kind of retaliation might be in store for WWE if they do break the contract. Which is exactly why the deal was never worth the money in the first place. In the end, it just takes a special kind of money-hungry madman to see Saudi Arabia as a business partner if the first place.

Their talent will be safe provided they don't slag the country off. Eg, Graves should probably stay home after what he said after the last one.

Really hope that they do a "screwy" finish and it leads to Deadly Games II at Survivor Series. Because it's going ahead, there's too much at stake for it not to.

World Cup guys can be shoddily replaced. So...I doubt that will stop WWE. But, it really should...when you have big names who are considered locker room leaders, and they're stepping away...that should tell you all you need to know. Reigns, Cena, and Bryan off the show now. Just have the balls to cancel it. Yeah...it sucks for fans too. I was looking forward to some of the matches, but it isn't worth supporting the type of people that it supports.

But that's still stupid as hell you want to punish the whole country because what the government is doing hell with all these shootings I'm more worried about them doing shows in America than in Saudi Arabia

Not doing an event is hardly punishing the whole country.

This is truth.

No but it's punishing the fans that want to go see it just because of the government does

Not only is it not punishing, but if their government does stupid shit, then the citizens need to hold them accountable for that.

This is truth.

No but it's punishing the fans that want to go see it just because of the government does

Not only is it not punishing, but if their government does stupid shit, then the citizens need to hold them accountable for that.

So does that mean the American people need to be a whole accountable for everything Trump does

This is truth.

So does that mean the American people need to be a whole accountable for everything Trump does

Obviously I said the citizens need to hold the government accountable for dumb stuff. And if Trump does dumb stuff Americans need to hold Trump accountable. Obviously.

Someone who was holding the Saudi government accountable for their actions has just been allegedly dismembered. Not agreeing with Austin, but not the best argument to use against him.

Even more reason to cancel the event.

But that is punishing the whole country bro

Its not punishing. Hopefully the adults of Saudi Arabia realize this is a volatile situation and that its in the best interest of the company to back away from it. To say its a punishment is to imply that WWE intend to spite the Saudi fans which of course isnt true. Their government is on bullshit 24/7, that is who the Saudi fans should be mad at. To JGPLXs point, yeah it is unsafe to hold their own government accountable and thats unfortunate but that also isnt WWEs battle to fight.

The Saudi government "punished" the fans by being sacks of shit. Period. WWE can't be held responsible for pulling an event from what is essentially a hostile territory. They have a responsibility to keep their performers safe...and also to make it known that they don't condone what the Saudi government stands for.

Archived