What is everyone's thoughts on 19 sofar ?

Rekka_No_Ryo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the core in-ring gameplay of the series, but after the last two overall packages disappointing on top of the dlc nonsense last year, and the legend roster reveal debacle yesterday, it has me waiting to see if I can nab it for cheap later on. No way the deluxe edition is worth the $72 I'd pay with Best Buy GCU. hell....last year it wasn't. I'll be playing Fire Pro until then.

If they had added Hacksaw though...

I was excited for it. Now I'm over it. As it stands it's a £15 or less purchase. Probably a 2nd hand buy. Might just skip it, would be the 1st one in the series since just bring it (though that was only because I was still on psone)

The new features don't interest me. I always hated showcase mode and this year it's centered around one of my least favourite wrestlers. And I don't think a towers type mode lends itself well to the modern wwe style games. I do prefer the current more simulation style gameplay but from a competitive point of you it basically boils down to who is better at hitting R2.

It's really just hit a dull note on everything for me. The CE is based on Flair which is a hard pass for me. The RAW Women's Champion is a pre order bonus, they've brought back that awful showcase mode and this is seemingly going to be the year of loot crates... They couldn't even do a Roster reveal well.

There's been nothing to suggest there will be any improvements to universe or career and 2k18 was not in a state for these modes to be left as is.

I guess I'm just disappointed again because I want to want this game... Oh well, money that I'd have spent on the CE can go on the RDR2 CE instead... Or assassin's creed, Spyro, soul calibur etc...

Pretty much the exact same thoughts as the post above.

I only really play Universe Mode, so unless there is some significant changes there I will pass this year as the mode is dated and needs to be refreshed with actual story lines, or a GM mode type of concept. Universe has been around for quite a while and we still cant even assign a manager to a wrestler and mix-ups with tag-teams with the wrong partners has been happening since at least 2K14.

Ill wait and see what else is announced before I decide. But if things go the way I feel they are going to,I might buy 2K15 for a couple of dollars just to play through the showcase modes, as I didnt have a PS4 when that came out.

Excited. The core gameplay isn't probably too different (thus why they haven't showed too much gameplay) but the core gameplay of the last 3 titles is top notch so as long as it doesn't have extreme glitches that's OK.

I wish Albert, the 3 Faces of Foley, JBL, and RVD were still in but I do like the additions to the Roster and hopefully the DLC has some nice names like Ricochet.

I can't wait to see all the new moves and additions to CAW Mode.

I'm looking forward to everyone's CAWs but, past that, I don't plan on picking up this one. Maybe I'll do an every other year thing because nothing I've seen has made me go "damn, my game is outdated as hell" so far

I'm kinda disappointed with the lack of info so far but I'm still looking forward to the game. I've bought every game on release since SmackDown vs RAW 2007 and have enjoyed them all, albeit some more than others. I'm guessing this year's game will more or less play the same as 2K18 which I'm completely okay with. That is if they've fixed most of the bugs and there aren't any new major ones. I wasn't really hyped for this year's game though, but then they released that trailer and now I'm very hyped.

I also plan on creating a certain group of original CAWs that I'm excited about.

Eh, not hyped at all. I don't understand why anyone would be. They've released *Censored* all information on the game, and the stuff we do know is lame as hell. Big head mode? Zombies? How about telling us about the improved gameplay? I'm guessing they're not doing that because it isn't improved. It'll likely be another same old wrestling game with slight updates. To me, that makes it not worth buying. I hope I am wrong, though, because I do want a good wrestling game to play.

Eh, not hyped at all. I don't understand why anyone would be. They've released *Censored* all information on the game, and the stuff we do know is lame as hell. Big head mode? Zombies? How about telling us about the improved gameplay? I'm guessing they're not doing that because it isn't improved. It'll likely be another same old wrestling game with slight updates. To me, that makes it not worth buying. I hope I am wrong, though, because I do want a good wrestling game to play.

if for you better game more wrestler up todate , and all the adtion is not worth buying it then bdont buy it

looks of the Gameplay trailer they updated the game play in a cage matches

looks of the Gameplay trailer they updated the game play in a cage matches

Which is good, but is that enough to warrant a purchase? I think it's crazy how so many people are willing to pre-order these games without knowing anything about them. I will wait a week or so after it comes out, so I can hear about all the bugs and whatnot first. I'm hoping it's a big improvement, though.

well the number of people willing to do that sort of thing than canceling if they are unhappy or to protest is larger than the protesters and whatnot, which is part of the games problems. Though being on this forum for as long as I have been, I honestly think some people have unreal expectations and would find a reason to complain.

Yes, thats true Shifty. But in the end more people buy the game than those who cancel orders or whatnot in protest, ect. Also a good wrestling game I honestly think can not be made in a year. Even with a bigger budget, it honestly just means a higher probability of it being SNAFUed. More cogs in the wheel, the higher probability of that factor.

I do not get why people want to know every little detail of the game before it comes out, what is wrong with a little mystery?

Not everyone feels comfortable risking $90 on "mystery" given they expect you to get their deluxe edition since your creative gaming experience is pretty much hindered without it.

A bit exaggerating. All you miss if you do not get it is a bunch of duplicates and Piper. They are not hiding create a moveset or create an arena behind it. I just do not get this trend of having to know what colour boots Rick Rude is wearing before the game even launches. Maybe it is because in my day all we got was a roster reveal and some 24/7 mode gameplay.

I do not get why people want to know every little detail of the game before it comes out, what is wrong with a little mystery?

Not everyone feels comfortable risking $90 on "mystery" given they expect you to get their deluxe edition since your creative gaming experience is pretty much hindered without it.

A bit exaggerating. All you miss if you do not get it is a bunch of duplicates and Piper. They are not hiding create a moveset or create an arena behind it. I just do not get this trend of having to know what colour boots Rick Rude is wearing before the game even launches. Maybe it is because in my day all we got was a roster reveal and some 24/7 mode gameplay.

That's not exaggerating at all, considering how much is inaccessible on community creations without all of that extra stuff included in the dlc.

Archived