Fire Pro vs 2K19

ozstar

You can't go backstage or fight through the crowd in any Fire Pro Wrestling game. You can't even go to a balcony and copy Kota Ibushi's Balcony Moonsault (that got Ibushi banned from the Budokan Hall).

Fire Pro Wrestling D on the Dreamcast is the only Fire Pro Wrestling game I have played and own. (I was unable to go backstage or fight through the crowd in that game) All the Fire Pro Wrestling related videos never show the Fire Pro Wrestling wrestlers going backstage, fighting through the crowd or going to a balcony. Which obviously means that they are currently impossible in any Fire Pro Wrestling game.

Spike Chunsoft have never had the backs of the Fire Pro Wrestling fans that want to take the Fire Pro Wrestling wrestlers backstage, want to have the Fire Pro Wrestling wrestlers fight through the crowd and want to have the Fire Pro Wrestling wrestlers going to an in-game balcony and copy Kota Ibushi.

Quite frankly, the biggest mark against Fire Pro is that it simply hasn't evolved in ages though what Fire Pro does well, it does really well. It just doesn't evolve past it.

Unfortunely, if a player want fight through the crowd or fight backstage in a modern wrestling videogame they have no choice but to play the WWE series.

You seem way too obsessed with backstage fighting

Not every match should to be restricted just in-ring action and honestly I would love to see Spike Chunsoft use their unique wrestler lockup system for backstage fighting too.

Likewise not every match should be restricted to fighting backstage (ala Backstage Assualt) either.

I feel that being able to explore Fire Pro Wrestling's arenas would be a fun thing to do. Not everyone enjoys being stuck wrestling at ringside for every kind of Fire Pro Wrestling match.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm buying FPWW on PC, have fun with challenge mode for couple of weeks. After that, not so much.

I have downloaded so many wrestlers from community and it does look awesome, but surely it lacks something. Exhibition match is just the only way to play (they haven't added NJPW DLC on PC version). things that's bugging me:

- Sometimes no selling occur after big moves, and for simulation based game it's pretty weird

- Entrance could be much better, it's just too basic and generic. I wish I could control the wrestler just like Wrestling Revolution and do taunts whenever I want. or maybe just specific entrance for some wrestlers.

- lack of match type

So many things could be added to this game, and only graphic and movesets that they updated from previous series.

For me WWE 2k is too big to be compared with FPWW. The game size also says that.

People that says FPWW is better than WWE 2K, i don't know man. I like both games, but WWE games is so big and complicated.

In the perfect world, Fire Pro Wrestling as full price on its Release and WWE 2k19 for half the price it will come out.

It should be less of a VS and more of a chance to strengthen the wrestling genre in gaming.

Personally i already pre-ordered FPW since it comes out here in germany later this month.

WWE 2k19 as it stands will be at best a 10 ebay buy for me, but it comes down to what they have done on the game.

To me the most important thing is that FPW sells enough so that they can build up on a success and maybe even go 3D or so.

And that WWE 2k19 sells so less that wwe/2k feel the need to put more work, money and time into making the series as good as i know they could be.

Couldnt agree more, I want FPW to sell so well that they release it on the XBOXOne as buying a PS4 for one game (honestly dont game that much anymore it will only be for 1 game) seems too extreme.

I can honestly say I had more fun dusting off my Dreamcast and playing FPW-D than I have on 2k18 which is messed up when you think of the age difference between games.

Also watching FPW:W matches on YouTube against 2k19 videos, FPWW looks more exciting. The crowd sounds more excited, the matches look more realistic which is crazy when you compare graphics.

2k19 matches (what Ive seen so far) looks the same. Crowd reactions are stale, commentary is lame. And the gameplay looks like the same old go through the motions and hit all your moves to get a 5* rating.

I dont hate the WWE Games, I just think they are lazy and expecting guaranteed money. Would be nice if they released a new game, instead of a title update. Get someone other than Yukes to work on a title, try another one off Wrestling game like THQ tried with Legends of Wrestlemania and All Stars. Instead of going down the arcade route theyve previously tried. Make a pure sim based wrestling game thats closer to the FPW:W style of gameplay and see how it goes down.

They still have their annual title update, but also have an area to experiment with.

Archived