World Politics Discussion

Generations

"we're getting Muslims/people of color vs. white supremacists,"

I don't think that'll be just the UK, I feel like we're going to see radical terrorism from anyone who has a strong view on something. Like it's a contest. Islamic domestic terrorism vs. White domestic terrorism is already a thing with the events in Christchurch, which lead to Sri Lanka + Utrecht that lead to a failed one in Oslo. I think it'll show people that terrorism is the way to go if you want to be heard, so maybe we'll see antifa-related terrorism, vegan-terrorism, black lives matter-terrorism, whatever you can think of.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"we're getting Muslims/people of color vs. white supremacists,"

I don't think that'll be just the UK, I feel like we're going to see radical terrorism from anyone who has a strong view on something. Like it's a contest. Islamic domestic terrorism vs. White domestic terrorism is already a thing with the events in Christchurch, which lead to Sri Lanka + Utrecht that lead to a failed one in Oslo. I think it'll show people that terrorism is the way to go if you want to be heard, so maybe we'll see antifa-related terrorism, vegan-terrorism, black lives matter-terrorism, whatever you can think of.

It's building up/getting way worse than most other countries though, no? I could be wrong though, as observation is biased by whom I know.

I hope you're wrong though, we don't need more people getting hurt or dying.

• 2 weeks later...

The fires in Amazon was apparently done on purpose, but I think there are several groups that are accused? Oil companies because they couldn't get the land from indigenous people, Brazilian government so they can get money, etc. But apparently Brazil refused aid, which does imply that they are at least okay with the fires.

I believe it was done on purpose though, especially given the oil and shit.

Both arguments probably have a good possibility. Definitely shady shit going on there. Pisses me off too. I have no doubt that government and oil companies are involved. Just sucks for all the wild life and the ecosystem.

Conservative party just failed miserably on all accounts here in Germany and is now investigated for the legality of it.

It's hilarious. They tried appeal more to the new voters and the youth, by creating their own Influencer-Youtube series and censored speech, by deleting most comments and using government funds to use something they themselves proclaimed to be just like television to smear center and every party left from that, which is illegal in Germany.

It's one of the old parties, that is also currently the leading party in our government

Just look at he likes and dislike ratio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY9hBIiKL6M

Oh jeez. The planet goes to shit more and more each day. Each day that goes by I regret my vote 3 years ago.

Please tell me you don't wish you voted for Hillary instead.

EDIT: Nvm. I assume you are talking about Brexit.

Yup. Brit here, though I woulda voted for Hilary. :P

Seriously though, I really should not have voted for Brexit. Shit a *censored*ing goddamn mess. Honestly, I wonder if United States & Kingdom are in a race as to who can turn into a bigger mess quicker.

Oh jeez. The planet goes to shit more and more each day. Each day that goes by I regret my vote 3 years ago.

Seriously though, I really should not have voted for Brexit. Shit a *censored*ing goddamn mess. Honestly, I wonder if United States & Kingdom are in a race as to who can turn into a bigger mess quicker.

Ha! I remember your smugness from back then :shifty:

Yeah. It's more the behaviour from some pro-Brexiters really, shameful, plus the chance of a no-deal Brexit (which was promised NOT to happen) is going up and up as long as our version of Trump is in power. I still am not opposed to it, just not in favour of a no-deal. At all.

Who started the whole Brexit thing anyway? May?

Yeah. It's more the behaviour from some pro-Brexiters really, shameful, plus the chance of a no-deal Brexit (which was promised NOT to happen) is going up and up as long as our version of Trump is in power. I still am not opposed to it, just not in favour of a no-deal. At all.

Ha. If Hillary were in, we'd already be in another war. Her foreign policy is crap.

Never understood why anyone would want a deal that you have to pay to leave something.

Call me crazy.

Who started the whole Brexit thing anyway? May?
David Cameron, her predecessor, was the one who promised the referendum, which came back 52/48% in favour of leave.

Ha. If Hillary were in, we'd already be in another war. Her foreign policy is crap.

Never understood why anyone would want a deal that you have to pay to leave something.

Call me crazy.

Oh I agree she has no right to be within 100 miles of the Whitehouse. Only problem is Trump has no right to be within 1,000,000 miles of the Whitehouse. Never have I ever seen someone divide a nation like him.

The only way we'd be paying, from what I understand, is if we crash out with a no-deal. Which is exactly what what ol' BJ is trying to force on us.

• 2 months later...

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/take-criminal-claims-off-campus-says-education-minister-dan-tehan/news-story/a7142b7fc2b628d2169e92a1c6779cb3

Finally a massive step in the right direction against False Rape Accusations. Let's hope both United States & Kingdom follow the Aussies' lead, though I doubt it.

Archived