Large plane stolen from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and subsequently crashed

Generations

Apparently it was a suicide attempt

Classic Austin post right here.

*Attempt* he says...

*Apparently* he says...

Also, based on what I read, the guy didn't really plan to die until midway through the flight. He spoke to airtraffic control and was basically saying that he was a broken man with a few screws loose, and that this would probably be jail for life, etc. The fact that he acknowledged jailtime means that he was probably not intending to kill himself until the levity of what he did struck him. And even then, it sounds more like a lack of piloting skills, because he also told them he would "be okay, because he had played plenty of video games" or something like that. So, yeah...sounds like a guy who thought he could just play around with an airplane...then crashed and died. Not sure that suicide ever played an intentional part in it...even though that's the story that everyone is going with. Sounds to me like a whackadoo who thought "this will be fun" and then thought "oh shit...maybe I shouldn't have done this...there's no good way out of this".

Apparently it was a suicide attempt

Classic Austin post right here.

*Attempt* he says...

*Apparently* he says...

Also, based on what I read, the guy didn't really plan to die until midway through the flight. He spoke to airtraffic control and was basically saying that he was a broken man with a few screws loose, and that this would probably be jail for life, etc. The fact that he acknowledged jailtime means that he was probably not intending to kill himself until the levity of what he did struck him. And even then, it sounds more like a lack of piloting skills, because he also told them he would "be okay, because he had played plenty of video games" or something like that. So, yeah...sounds like a guy who thought he could just play around with an airplane...then crashed and died. Not sure that suicide ever played an intentional part in it...even though that's the story that everyone is going with. Sounds to me like a whackadoo who thought "this will be fun" and then thought "oh shit...maybe I shouldn't have done this...there's no good way out of this".

The suicide story sounds cooler imo, this makes him look like a doofus.

A dead doofus.

I take what I said back, this guy was the man:

https://twitter.com/jwsthomson/status/1028165977714831365?s=19

Can't see the specifics of those tweets but man, that's crazy. Hella conflicted guy. Did anybody clear the runway for him or try to block his taxi? I'd like to think airports got a super tight lid on everything that moves out there. If he wasn't out to hurt anyone and they blocked his path, I'm not seeing him mowing anyone down. Sounds like it was way too easy to just grab the thing and dip out.

And I'm patiently waiting for the moment the Cracker Jack scientists see "video games" and adds that in to fight their garbage ass battle against gaming

Can't see the specifics of those tweets but man, that's crazy. Hella conflicted guy. Did anybody clear the runway for him or try to block his taxi? I'd like to think airports got a super tight lid on everything that moves out there. If he wasn't out to hurt anyone and they blocked his path, I'm not seeing him mowing anyone down. Sounds like it was way too easy to just grab the thing and dip out.

And I'm patiently waiting for the moment the Cracker Jack scientists see "video games" and adds that in to fight their garbage ass battle against gaming

according to what I read he works there so him being on tarmac want to be out of the question because people will see him working there before and the plane was at maintenance so they're probably not paying attention to her to begin with and three you pretty much can't stop a plane when it starts taking off they can't try to stop it cuz I could make it crash and explode killing everyone around them

If you're moving a plane... Out of maintenance... Somebody should be around to question that. The engine issue was possibly part of the reason it was even in there.

I'd like to know at what point it became "oh sheeit, what's this guy doing?" because if it wasn't until he was taking off that's concerning. It's not like this is gta v, he had to tow this thing out, turn it around, I can't see pics of the plane right now but did he need to roll a staircase to it? Hop in and start sheeit up, casually taxi this thing into position for takeoff, all things that take time. Nobody said a word? Tech super of that hangar had nothing to say? When the plane turns in does it appear on air traffic's led? I don't know how that sheeit works

I take what I said back, this guy was the man:

https://twitter.com/jwsthomson/status/1028165977714831365?s=19

The hero none of us deserved.

I don't condone what he did...but his attitude is exactly where we all should be.

I wish someone did stop him, so he could get the help he needed, and could continue being an awesome human.

From what Ive read he says at some point during the convo with air flight control that he had no intention of landing the plane. Dont know at what point that comment came in the convo, so you may very well be right. But that comment implies his intention was to die.

Archived