WWE 2K19 - Screenshot Thread

Jeb ★

The music thing is weird anyway...because, all you need to do is make it so custom music doesn't work online or during streaming, and you cease to have a problem at all. I fail to see how putting copywritten tracks into your own personal offline copy of the game is any different from listening to music on your home PC. So long as you aren't sharing that music with other people, where is the legal issue?

I think it really comes down to the shady wheelings and dealings with apps like spotify and pandora...where the game industry wants you to be swayed to stream music with those. But, again...that isn't the type of music that people want in a pro wrestling game. It isn't leisurely listening that we want...it's entrance themes that play during specific points. Whatever deals exist with the streaming apps need to be amended to recognize this.

Whatever the reason for the restriction and however complicated the it might be to unlock this ability, 2K must be aware of the demand.

Why they dont add decent original music is beyond me. The music industry is filled with talented bands struggling to get noticed and would happily give content for free in exchange for the exposure. 2K must have some in house talent that can remix those tracks to make them feel more entrance theme worthy.

As far as getting the correct music for legends and other people connected to the WWE, at this point Id only see that happening if 2K managed to sell individual tracks as micro transactions. Its not that they cant do it, and more that they cant see a reason to bother.

The reason to not bother, is to encourage you to buy the next game. With the added themes from the roster alterations.

As with everyone in the games industry, unless its going to push profits further they wont bother

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived