Barry Chuckle Died

Barry Chuckle, half of the comedy duo the Chuckle Brothers, has died aged 73, his manager says.

The entertainer, whose real name was Barry Elliott, starred in ChuckleVision on the BBC between 1987 and 2009.

With his brother Paul, he began his comedy career on ITV talent shows Opportunity Knocks in 1967 and New Faces in 1974.

Sauce: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-45074955

RIP. Chuvkle Bros were a big part of my childhood.

I just saw this on the Comcast news reel thing that plays when you leave the tv on too long, and I said "who the hell is Barry Chuckle?" Hahaha. I guess I've seen them before (after seeing pictures)...but I have no recollection of them otherwise, and have certainly never watched them perform. RIP though.

That sucks, they're legends and one without the other seems wrong. I hope Paul is gonna be okay

I just saw this on the Comcast news reel thing that plays when you leave the tv on too long, and I said "who the hell is Barry Chuckle?" Hahaha. I guess I've seen them before (after seeing pictures)...but I have no recollection of them otherwise, and have certainly never watched them perform. RIP though.

They're massive in the UK

Ah man, part of my childhood dies with him. "To me, to you" has become ingrained in the British vocab, that's how big they were. They were very self aware in their later years, they did a signing at a metal club some years ago and I got a selfie with both of them. Great guys, it's a real shame.

Ah man, part of my childhood dies with him. "To me, to you" has become ingrained in the British vocab, that's how big they were. They were very self aware in their later years, they did a signing at a metal club some years ago and I got a selfie with both of them. Great guys, it's a real shame.

I remember the...Lottery episode? when Paul told Barry to get balls with numbers 1 to 49, and Barry returned with numbers 1, 2 and the rest were all 49 LOL

Archived