Ex-WWE Star Brian Christopher Hospitalized After Hanging Himself in Jail. Update: passed away.

E#37

If he is indeed passed, thats 3 we lost in one day. Thats wild.

Brickhouse Brown died on the 20th, not today.

RIP

Killing himself due to a DUI seems a bit much but we can't pretend we don't know how he was already feeling, he was probably depressed

I sincerely doubt that's why he did it.

Most likely a "straw that broke the camel's back"

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if he was trying to get suicide by cop

Almost warn/ban worthy, tbh.

It's only thing that makes sense to me I mean why you hang yourself in prison when you could have done at home and said he went drinking and driving then evading police

Just once, learn some *censored*ing tact.

I wonder if he was trying to get suicide by cop

Almost warn/ban worthy, tbh.

It's only thing that makes sense to me I mean why you hang yourself in prison when you could have done at home and said he went drinking and driving then evading police
Just once, learn some *censored*ing tact.

While I agree its not a good comment by any means,

The reports were that he led police on a chase and then acted violently towards them, so its not a unheard of thing really...

I wonder if proper protocol was followed. It's nearly impossible to hang yourself in a jail cell. An investigation should be launched to see how it actually happened.

Impossible how? You twist your bedsheet into a rope, tie it around the highest bar on the cell, and hang yourself. He probably knew what time the routine guard patrol was, and just did it when he knew no one would be around. It's not like he hung himself instantly by snapping his neck. He probably just slumped down and slowly choked himself out.

And the "suicide by cop" scenario is dumb as shit. People are willing to deduce that from the little info we have based solely on the fact that he was driving recklessly and acted violently towards the police? He was under the influence of either drugs or alcohol (hence getting arrested for a DUI). Pretty much everyone who is ever arrested while under the influence of a substance will act violently towards the police...it doesn't mean they want to be shot dead or beaten with a club. It means that they're inebriated.

If you've ever been an alcoholic, you know that sometimes you think "I should kill myself" for no reason at all. It's usually a fleeting thought, but being stuck in a jail cell probably kept that thought from passing. He was probably having trouble detoxing from whatever substance he was routinely using...and he wasn't able to shake the negative thoughts that come and go under normal circumstances. The first thing to remember about substance abuse (alcohol as well, not just hard drugs), is that rationality goes out the window.

A lot of these pro wrestlers are powder kegs who get by only because they have their daily routine of uppers and downers. You take that away and lock them in a cell, you're asking for them to blow.

he NBC affiliate in Memphis reports that Hardeman County Sheriff John Doolen has released a statement on the death former WWE Superstar Brian Christopher Lawler. Lawler passed away at the age of 46 on Sunday after trying to hang himself in jail the night before. Lawler had been incarcerated since his July 7th arrest for DUI, driving on a revoked license & evading arrest.

Doolen noted that Lawler was placed in a cell by himself because of his “notoriety” and that the department had no indication that he was suicidal. Lawler was not on suicide watch. Lawler was given CPR and rushed to the hospital where he later passed, surrounded by family, including his dad, WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is investigating the circumstances around Lawler’s death. They issued the following statement:

At the request of 25th District Attorney General Mark Davidson, TBI Special Agents are investigating the circumstances surrounding an incident involving an inmate at the Hardeman County Jail.

On Saturday evening, Brian C. Lawler (DOB 1/10/72) was found hanging in his cell. Corrections officers administered CPR until paramedics arrived. Lawler was transported to Regional One Medical Center in Memphis where he died Sunday afternoon.

Preliminary information indicates the incident does not involve foul play. However, the investigation remains active and ongoing.

Lawler was booked into the Hardeman County Jail on July 7th on charges of DUI, Driving on Revoked, and Evading Arrest.

Archived