2K Games is expanding, WWE games overhaul expected

liontamer*

Tim, you know I like you, and I appreciate you. But I cant have you just throw that out there like you guys game is 100% flaw free. You guys are definitely successful. But success doesnt always equate to good or perfect. There are a lot of things you guys can still improve upon. And Im talking about gameplay. Not success actually. The gameplay to me went down once simulation became the main focus. Its not as fast paced as the action on tv is, some of the mocapped moves look off, the clipping, etc. Everything can be approved upon of course. I mean even last year or two years ago someone from 2K said last gen was holding you guys back. So last year dropping last gen shouldve been the end all be all of wrestling games. I didnt feel that. I was told Career Mode and Universe would be focused on drastically, I didnt see that. Just saying. Im optimistic about you guys next entry but I have to give my opinion.

Uhhh I was talking about nba2k / VC. No one is more critical of this game and wants to fix the problems more than me. My point is - the simulation direction is not inherently problematic. Its the current execution that has soured people on the idea that it can be done while still remaining fun.

Anyways.... Ill let 19 speak for itself. Its flawed as they all are but some of the stuff weve been working towards is starting to come together (speaking of gameplay).

So you admit the games suck ass? Interesting

Don't be a douche. He doesn't have to post on here at all and may stop if people like you start acting like entitled children. Go to the 2k forums with that.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell you what....how about we talk positively about our excitement for the game for the next 3 months and THEN WHEN ITS ACTUALLY OUT we have conversations about what is or isnt wrong with it this year. Lol

People are out here ruining the game for themselves months before its out, and THATS why its better for them to take their time on reveals. Other games dont do that because other games dont have to deal with wrestling fans. Lol

I can't help but think with the talk about playing the game longer and some of the rumors of expanded/more DLC throughout the game cycle if that's connected in any way.

These games aren't perfect and are deeply flawed but I would take the 2K games over the THQ ones any day. I play the 2K ones for much longer than I did the THQ days. The one thing this series needs a big improvement in is AI and sound. Hopefully we start seeing improvements there this year. Hopefully they put some focus on Universe mode too and less on trying to make online a thing.

Tim, you know I like you, and I appreciate you. But I cant have you just throw that out there like you guys game is 100% flaw free. You guys are definitely successful. But success doesnt always equate to good or perfect. There are a lot of things you guys can still improve upon. And Im talking about gameplay. Not success actually. The gameplay to me went down once simulation became the main focus. Its not as fast paced as the action on tv is, some of the mocapped moves look off, the clipping, etc. Everything can be approved upon of course. I mean even last year or two years ago someone from 2K said last gen was holding you guys back. So last year dropping last gen shouldve been the end all be all of wrestling games. I didnt feel that. I was told Career Mode and Universe would be focused on drastically, I didnt see that. Just saying. Im optimistic about you guys next entry but I have to give my opinion.

Uhhh I was talking about nba2k / VC. No one is more critical of this game and wants to fix the problems more than me. My point is - the simulation direction is not inherently problematic. Its the current execution that has soured people on the idea that it can be done while still remaining fun.

Anyways.... Ill let 19 speak for itself. Its flawed as they all are but some of the stuff weve been working towards is starting to come together (speaking of gameplay).

So you admit the games suck ass? Interesting

Dont be an asshole.

*bring back Allstars

*buy AKI engine and release a N64 style retro game for Nintendo Switch

*in lieu of yearly releases, go to every 2-3 years. And release tons of DLC for WWE 2k instead.

*create a classic wrestling game based on the territories (like showdown legends of wresting, except good)

*old school double dragon side scrolling beatem-up with Roman Reigns and maybe like 5 other playable characters

*wwe MOBA

*wwe action RPG....like Marvel ultimate alliance. (u could get buffs for putting together real teams like Shield)

*wwe final fantasy/octopath traveler type RPG (explore the hart dungeon lol. recruit new wrestlers on ur travels to add to ur party)

idk. i feel like with a property full of so many crazy characters and cool moves. U could come up with a million weird ideas for games. Like are you telling me someone can't create a cool side scroller with the King of Kings HHH as the main character. Where u just look like a barbarian with a hammer and kill stuff.

brothers of destruction castlevania style game. U can be Kane or Undertaker. Or 2 players at same time. And u unlock different skins. Like 2010 bald Kane. 2000 denim shirt ABA taker.

god forbid WWE allowed me to have their wrestlers in a game with guns. Imagine WWE skins for Fortnite. whew.

if someone could get a deal done to have a Stone Cold Steve Austin skin in Fortnite with like a beer drinking taunt. we talking printing money

All that actually sounds great and worth the risk. Only thing is I think the AKI is straight up gone. The last time we saw it was in the first two Def Jam games and then it wasnt in the shitty third game so I think somebody would have bought that engine by now if it was that easy.

All that actually sounds great and worth the risk. Only thing is I think the AKI is straight up gone. The last time we saw it was in the first two Def Jam games and then it wasnt in the shitty third game so I think somebody would have bought that engine by now if it was that easy.

that dudes that been making ProWrestling X since i was like in middle school, i recall in a blog post, he mentioned that he looked into licensing the engine. And it was stupid expensive. So he had to go the route of creating his own engine. Coulda been bs, idk.

that dudes that been making ProWrestling X since i was like in middle school, i recall in a blog post, he mentioned that he looked into licensing the engine. And it was stupid expensive. So he had to go the route of creating his own engine. Coulda been bs, idk.

Jesus Pro Wrestling X, I still remember the first trailer. I wonder how far along it is now. But yeah he might be telling the truth but Im more inclined to believe that the engine is lost just for the simple fact that EA had it and it was inexplicably gone from Def Jam Icon which killed the series. They wouldnt stop using what works for them unless there is a good reason, like the engine being lost.

*bring back Allstars

*in lieu of yearly releases, go to every 2-3 years. And release tons of DLC for WWE 2k instead.

*create a classic wrestling game based on the territories (like showdown legends of wresting, except good)

*old school double dragon side scrolling beatem-up with Roman Reigns and maybe like 5 other playable characters

*wwe MOBA

*wwe action RPG....like Marvel ultimate alliance. (u could get buffs for putting together real teams like Shield)

*wwe final fantasy/octopath traveler type RPG (explore the hart dungeon lol. recruit new wrestlers on ur travels to add to ur party)

idk. i feel like with a property full of so many crazy characters and cool moves. U could come up with a million weird ideas for games. Like are you telling me someone can't create a cool side scroller with the King of Kings HHH as the main character. Where u just look like a barbarian with a hammer and kill stuff.

brothers of destruction castlevania style game. U can be Kane or Undertaker. Or 2 players at same time. And u unlock different skins. Like 2010 bald Kane. 2000 denim shirt ABA taker.

god forbid WWE allowed me to have their wrestlers in a game with guns. Imagine WWE skins for Fortnite. whew.

if someone could get a deal done to have a Stone Cold Steve Austin skin in Fortnite with like a beer drinking taunt. we talking printing money

Some neat ideas there.

I kinda want a simple over the top battle royale-type downloadable game with Arkham-like combat where you're ping ponging around the ring doing crazy shit as you eliminate others.

Jesus Pro Wrestling X, I still remember the first trailer. I wonder how far along it is now. But yeah he might be telling the truth but Im more inclined to believe that the engine is lost just for the simple fact that EA had it and it was inexplicably gone from Def Jam Icon which killed the series. They wouldnt stop using what works for them unless there is a good reason, like the engine being lost.

Its... still not great. I mean I still support the project, but their game still feels like its pre-pre-alpha. They seem to focus more on adding in shit like scaffold matches than making sure their basic gameplay looks and feels good. and their menus are... very, very buggy.

Pretty sure pro wrestling X went bankrupt and was the total failure at launch

Pretty sure pro wrestling X went bankrupt and was the total failure at launch

Nevermind thinking of 5 Star Wrestling

I dont think Murr was being an asshole that time. He asked a question, in a blunt manner. Tim can handle himself, or a mod. The rest of you, need to chill out. Lol

If a dev comes on here and gives us tidbits of information and takes our feedback directly, I think it's fair that we provide constructive criticism without saying childish things for no other reason than to be an instigator.

Also, you can be both blunt, and an asshole. They're not mutually exclusive.

Tell you what....how about we talk positively about our excitement for the game for the next 3 months and THEN WHEN ITS ACTUALLY OUT we have conversations about what is or isnt wrong with it this year. Lol

People are out here ruining the game for themselves months before its out, and THATS why its better for them to take their time on reveals. Other games dont do that because other games dont have to deal with wrestling fans. Lol

*Censored* no, I'd rather talk about things that can make 2K19 better and more fun. Plus, low expectations are good because it means we won't be disappointed, just pleasantly surprised if that.

I just want to have fun even after months of playing WWE.

*Censored* no, I'd rather talk about things that can make 2K19 better and more fun. Plus, low expectations are good because it means we won't be disappointed, just pleasantly surprised if that.

I dont know what to tell ya...the game is pretty much done. Theyre already advertising it. All theyre kinda doing is finishing stuff and testing and what not, to ensure things go as smoothly as possible come release. I mean they might be redoing models or adding moves still, but there isnt anything major that is gonna change from here to October aside from what all theyve done. Thats why Im saying its about that time for us to just wait and see what theyve got.

As much as I am critical about 2K games the best thing they have done is improving gameplay and bringing back crowd fighting and backstage brawls. If they expand them especially crowd fighting with more interactive areas and titantron interactive and expand the backstage massively and give us street access, it will be amazing.

*bring back Allstars

*wwe MOBA

I always say that the WWE has a real chance to make it in the gaming industry with dozens of games.

Beat em ups, arcade, esports, fun brawler, simulation and so on.

Hell you could do a WWE champions like psn game, mayhem or even something hilarious like plants vs zombies with wwe superstars.

The WWE license would have so much to offer outside of the WWE 2k series.

There is more to do than a game that runs behind the current gen games and barely works on a basic level.

*bring back Allstars

*wwe MOBA

I always say that the WWE has a real chance to make it in the gaming industry with dozens of games.

Beat em ups, arcade, esports, fun brawler, simulation and so on.

Hell you could do a WWE champions like psn game, mayhem or even something hilarious like plants vs zombies with wwe superstars.

The WWE license would have so much to offer outside of the WWE 2k series.

There is more to do than a game that runs behind the current gen games and barely works on a basic level.

I've even thought that you could do something GTA-like using a few of the main guys, open-world, y'know?

I dont know what to tell ya...the game is pretty much done. Theyre already advertising it. All theyre kinda doing is finishing stuff and testing and what not, to ensure things go as smoothly as possible come release. I mean they might be redoing models or adding moves still, but there isnt anything major that is gonna change from here to October aside from what all theyve done. Thats why Im saying its about that time for us to just wait and see what theyve got.

Oh, wasn't know if they were that close to done. Hopefully the game will be good enough that I'd actually get it rather than stick to 18.

"No one is more critical of this game and wants to fix the problems more than me. My point is - the simulation direction is not inherently problematic. Its the current execution that has soured people on the idea that it can be done while still remaining fun. "

I mean, saying that he has things he thinks are shit and need fixing and that a lot of people don't like the simulation, as well as people being "soured" on it is kinda saying that the games aren't very good/people don't like them

Archived