WWE Evolution Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

I never said that you thought Nia and Tamina should be the first tag champs...I only ever said that WWE was likely setting it up that way. They don't do anything that actually makes sense...so, a tournament that sets Nia and Tamina up to lose at the end to babyfaces doesn't seem likely at all to me. More likely, WWE is saying "Tamina and Nia are blood to the WWE family...we should give them a random title reign to give them a boost". Especially if Nia tries (and fails) to capture the women's title from Ronda...then she will be right in place for a tag title win with Tamina. And that's exactly where my money lies.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure. Just like the WWE would have Charlotte win on sunday or put the NXT match on the Pre-Show.

I literally never said either of those things, or thought either would happen...

Yeah, and? Many people did. Just like you just claimed that the WWE would put the belts on Tamina & Nia because "knowing WWE".

You clearly just want to argue...and I'm really not in the mood. That's my opinion on Nia and Tamina.

When it comes to Nia...it has basically already been the case. She's already flipped a bunch of times...teamed with a bunch of random people, etc. WWE know that she's pretty weak on her own. It isn't by accident that she keeps being paired with people. But they also want to push her for some reason (again...that reason is likely just blood). So, this is what we're left with. She's going to have a career like Big Show or Mark Henry...and as soon as that women's tag title exists, she'll hold it more times than anyone else, with all different partners. IMO.

As we wrote about on Monday, NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler suffered an ankle injury at the Evolution pay-per-view during her match with Kairi Saine.

She wasn’t selling it backstage but was seen on crutches after the show and at the airport on Monday morning.

Thankfully, the injury is not too serious and it doesn’t look like she will miss NXT Takeover: WarGames in Los Angeles. Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that Baszler is fine and she probably doesn’t need to be on crutches and she is not expected to miss any time from the ring.

[Possible Takeover spoilers below]

Baszler is scheduled to defend her title at NXT Takeover: WarGames. They have not announced an opponent for her but, based on the TV storylines, it looks like Bianca Belair is the next in line to challenge her.

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/injury-update-on-nxt-womens-champion-shayna-baszler/

Fun show. Becky/Charlotte the obvious MOTN, although I strongly disagree with some of the "best women's match ever" shouts and whatnot. The ending - although great - felt abrupt too.

Kairi/Shayna was also pretty good, as was Toni/Io, although it felt a bit short.

• 2 months later...

Archived