WWE Evolution Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first will get a good amount of views because they're pulling out all the stops but I don't think it'd take long for the views to dwindle if they do them too often

December to Dismember 2006 had a buyrate of 90k, I'm positive more people will watch this.

The first will get a good amount of views because they're pulling out all the stops but I don't think it'd take long for the views to dwindle if they do them too often

I see them only doing it once a year if that.

Once a year would be just fine imo.

Also worth noting that the network format should help this get views as well. The December to Dismember argument falters a bit, considering it was a time when you had to pay $40-50 to actually buy a ppv. Of course it sold poorly. Network is basically "you already pay for this, so here's a free thing you can watch".

Triple H recently spoke with Sky Sports to promote the all-womens WWE Evolution pay-per-view. The full interview is at this link (http://www.skysports.com/wwe/news/14203/11448488/triple-h-breaks-down-all-womens-ppv-to-sky-sports) and below are highlights:

Whats the purpose of Evolution? Is it to give women from other brands a voice, is it to showcase talent, or something else?

To me, its what WWE is, the history, the legacy, all the women who come before this. From Mae Young onwards, their legacy lives forever. Youre going to see that in this event, youll see the stars of today Ronda Rousey, Charlotte, Alexa, Carmella, Asuka, Nia Jax and then the next kind of level. I hate to say the future is with NXT because its now, theyre global stars which youre going to see, the Shayna Baszlers, and then youre going to see the forever, the next generation of superstars of the people competing and the finals of the Mae Young Classic and to me that represents everything from the involvement of Trish Stratus and Lita.

It shows where we are now with the women that steal the show on a night-to-night basis on Raw and Smackdown and NXT, and then it shows the women from five to 10 years from now that will be stealing that show in the future. This is not a one-off, this is the current, this is the status, this is where its at, this is the final line on the this is equal.

Will Evolution be a mainstay in WWE programming?

Its a question to be answered down the road. Do we need to have a womens only event? No just like we dont need a mens only event or anything else. I think that the opportunity is there whoever is the best, the most prominent box office attraction that is the main event. It doesnt matter if thats Raw, Smackdown, NXT, Wrestlemania. So can they have their own event? Can it be a mainstay? Yes, and if our fans want it and its the right thing then well give it to them. The WWE universe will dictate to us what the approach is.

Any spoilers on other legends returning or anyone else involved?

Lots of things can happen and change before October, our intent will be to represent women of the past, present and future. Trish Stratus, Lita, Im sure theres going to be a lot of women who want to perform, a lot want to be a part of it. Obviously we cant include everyone but hopefully theyll want to be there and be a part of it. If theyve ever laced up those boots and performed in front of a crowd, then theyll want to be there because its the biggest thing in sports entertainment. They should all be extremely proud and be smiling big because this is their moment, this is what they all worked so hard to achieve and hopefully, well give them the opportunity they deserve to put on the show and I absolutely know that they will.

https://lordsofpain.net/triple-h-on-the-purpose-of-wwe-evolution-if-it-will-be-a-mainstay-in-wwe-programming-more/

I'm down for practically any of them aside from Stacy, K2, and Summer.

I'm only saying that because neither of them never seemed to offer much at all in the ring. But as far as Stacy is concerned, at least she had much more appeal outside the ring to make up for it unlike a lot of other women who usually stink up the joint whenever they wrestle.

Wanted to vote for Melina but she aint even on the list.

Me to smh. Hopefully she and WWE eventually do business again.

Major Evolution Updates

Dave Meltzer took to his Wrestling Observer Radio to talk about WWEs upcoming all womens Evolution pay-per-view. Meltzer states that all women from the main roster will take part in the show, as well as the vast majority of women in NXT. He also speculates that the pay-per-view will feature some kind of battle royal, tag team battle royal, or Royal Rumble type match in order to get everyone on the show.

Meltzer further speculates that Evolutions October 28th date is probably not a coincidence due to a planned Saudi Arabian return in November,

If you remember, the big thing they were criticized for was not bringing the women to Saudi Arabia which I guess they couldnt do. I guess they werent allowed, which is weird because the Russian circus brought women to perform in Saudi Arabiathey got to bring them in, whereas the WWE didnt.Im sure that this is all tied in.

Evolution will also likely face legitimate television competition as Meltzer notes that the event takes place on the same night as NFL Sunday Night Football & the MLB World Series.

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/980593-major-evolution-updates

Archived